Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

Coleman Triton Series 2 Burner Stove, $65 (Deal Dead)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2017 11:15 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
83 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.com] Coleman Triton Series 2 Burner Stove, $65 (Deal Dead)

I put this item in my tracking a while ago when I was looking for a good camping stove. It is typically around $98 on Amazon. But today it just dropped to $65. Spring is here. For many people looking to go outdoors more, this could be a good companion.
Last edited by rayycy on Apr 6th, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5765 posts
5573 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This is a really good price. I'm still using my 20+ year old coleman otherwise I would grab be all over this!
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
20474 posts
4233 upvotes
Toronto
I paid $95 for this last year. This is a really good price.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3337 posts
5248 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. Looking forward to using this with the upcoming camping season. That and it's a nice kit to have for emergencies.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2009
1111 posts
120 upvotes
Mississauga
bought 1 . i was planning to buy 1 last summer fo $100
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
83 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
Well that didn't last very long. I saw this item back ordered by around 3pm. And now the deal is dead entirely. Hope everyone got their fill. Anyway to move this thread to expired deals?
Aug 13, 2014
205 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn it! I got the price watch alert and figured I could deal with it later. What was I thinking :(
Apr 23, 2008
626 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone used this stove? How is the experience? Any other good stove on a deal? Thanks
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
83 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
smehmood wrote: Anyone used this stove? How is the experience? Any other good stove on a deal? Thanks
Coleman seems to be doing a lot of clearance lately. I got this model called Fyregeneral for $159 last week which seems to have all the latest features and technology.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00TFY ... UTF8&psc=1
Now I got this $65 Triton too for almost $100 less, but without much added convenience and the "Hyperflame" technology. Performace spec is not too much different between the two. Not quite sure which one I'll keep. Anyone got any experience with this Coleman Hyperflame technology? Is it really better than the older burners that the Triton use? Or is it just another gimmick?

I also got some -10C Coleman sleeping bags for $27, which is just dirt cheap for what it's rated for. The same bag is now back to around $75. So ya, I think Coleman is doing some spring cleaning. Keep an eye out and there's a good chance another deal will come along.

Side note, what the heck did I get a downvote for? ........
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
20474 posts
4233 upvotes
Toronto
rayycy wrote: Coleman seems to be doing a lot of clearance lately. I got this model called Fyregeneral for $159 last week which seems to have all the latest features and technology.
Now I got this $65 Triton too for almost $100 less, but without much added convenience and the "Hyperflame" technology. Performace spec is not too much different between the two. Not quite sure which one I'll keep. Anyone got any experience with this Coleman Hyperflame technology? Is it really better than the older burners that the Triton use? Or is it just another gimmick?

I also got some -10C Coleman sleeping bags for $27, which is just dirt cheap for what it's rated for. The same bag is now back to around $75. So ya, I think Coleman is doing some spring cleaning. Keep an eye out and there's a good chance another deal will come along.

I'm not sure about the one you bought, but my only criticism about the Triton is that the flame controls aren't that great. It goes from 0-100% with about a 30 degree turn of the dial, and turning it beyond that doesn't seem to have any effect on the level of the flame. Aside from that it's great. If the one you bought has finer controls that are closer to a regular gas stove it may be worth the extra price to you.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
83 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
Piro21 wrote: I'm not sure about the one you bought, but my only criticism about the Triton is that the flame controls aren't that great. It goes from 0-100% with about a 30 degree turn of the dial, and turning it beyond that doesn't seem to have any effect on the level of the flame. Aside from that it's great. If the one you bought has finer controls that are closer to a regular gas stove it may be worth the extra price to you.
Thank you Piro. Will compare when the Triton gets here.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
83 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
Sale is back on. But currently out of stock. Wait time is 2 to 5 weeks.
Mar 18, 2007
371 posts
148 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
rayycy wrote: Sale is back on. But currently out of stock. Wait time is 2 to 5 weeks.
I waited two months last time then amazon cancelled my order. Here's hoping they come through this time.
Apr 23, 2008
626 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered this time. Thanks OP. I hope it is a good addition to my camping gear.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1257 posts
1111 upvotes
Pretty good price. Can make in door BBQ at home as well? Summer = beer+BBQ+swimming pool.
Sep 5, 2006
323 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
This is not a BBQ, it's a gas stove. Also you cannot use it indoors safely. It's for outdoor use only.

I've had the previous model to this one for ten years and it still holds up fine. Coleman makes a solid stove.
Penalty Box
Aug 19, 2015
7401 posts
7625 upvotes
Downtown Canada
rayycy wrote: Coleman seems to be doing a lot of clearance lately. I got this model called Fyregeneral for $159 last week which seems to have all the latest features and technology.

What sleeping bag did you get can you post the links please?
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority