• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 8:15 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2011
63 posts
53 upvotes
Ajax, ON

[Amazon.com] Echo Dot (3rd Gen) + 1 month of Amazon Music Unlimited $8.98USD

Saw this while on Slickdeals. This is a great deal for those who have access to US mailboxes. Limit one per account.

From the website:

Echo Dot (3rd Gen) for $0.99 and 1 month of Amazon Music Unlimited for $7.99 with Auto-renewal -Charcoal. Valid only with Amazon Music Unlimited subscription. For Prime members only. This bundle contains the Echo Dot (3rd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal and 1 month of Amazon Music Unlimited ($57.98 value). After 1 month, your subscription will auto-renew for $7.99 per month. Cancel or change anytime.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 10th, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7187 posts
7687 upvotes
Vancouver
Good U.S.-only deal. You might want to put the price in the title. Considering that anyone can normally get the first month of Amazon Music Unlimited for free, it's really US$8.98 for the Echo Dot.

If you just want Amazon Music Unlimited, there's currently a deal in both Canada and U.S., 4 months for 99 cents.

Both deals are for new customers of AMU only.

AMU works pretty well with the Echo units. You can cast AMU from the Echo to any Sonos speakers, and from any Android device to any Google cast receiver. You can also use Bluetooth and analog audio output from an Echo Dot.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1392 posts
854 upvotes
Scarborough
Scote64 wrote: Good U.S.-only deal. You might want to put the price in the title. Considering that anyone can normally get the first month of Amazon Music Unlimited for free, it's really US$8.98 for the Echo Dot.

If you just want Amazon Music Unlimited, there's currently a deal in both Canada and U.S., 4 months for 99 cents.

AMU works pretty well with the Echo units. You can cast AMU from the Echo to any Sonos speakers, and from any Android device to any Google cast receiver. You can also use Bluetooth and analog audio output from an Echo Dot.
It's there a chance to double dip? Getting the 4 months and the discounted Alexa as well?

TY!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7187 posts
7687 upvotes
Vancouver
Harpagon wrote: It's there a chance to double dip? Getting the 4 months and the discounted Alexa as well?

TY!
It's per account. You would need to switch Amazon accounts. You could buy the Echo for a U.S. account, then switch to a Canadian account with 4 months free service.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1392 posts
854 upvotes
Scarborough
Scote64 wrote: It's per account. You would need to switch Amazon accounts. You could buy the Echo for a U.S. account, then switch to a Canadian account with 4 months free service.
Got it! Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2716 posts
419 upvotes
Burnaby
nice deal. Orz
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4487 posts
1157 upvotes
Hamilton
Is there a diff from USA echo to cad echo?
I remember there were issues with crossing over back in first gen days.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7187 posts
7687 upvotes
Vancouver
sidshock wrote: Is there a diff from USA echo to cad echo?
I remember there were issues with crossing over back in first gen days.
No, but there are still some small differences in the services that Amazon offers depending on whether you register it to a U.S. Amazon account or a Canadian Amazon account. The choice is yours.
Apr 26, 2019
544 posts
703 upvotes
Isn't US Amazon Prime separate from CDN Amazon Prime? I think you need a US Amazon Prime account as well for this, no?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1392 posts
854 upvotes
Scarborough
Somehow I am not able to pass the checkout, it gives me an error. I have a trial for Prime and use an amerifriend address.
Jul 19, 2007
397 posts
100 upvotes
Markham
Same issue here, I have a US relative but I can't check out, perhaps the issue is Canadian credit cards
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
19389 posts
5609 upvotes
Scarberia
must have TWO to pair for stereo sound! it sounds pretty good! but i cannot PAIR TWO of them together (L and R speakers) it to my computer desktop via BT and use it as compute speakers...woulda been awesome, unless someone has a hack
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 11th, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9098 posts
1576 upvotes
TO
Scote64 wrote: Good U.S.-only deal. You might want to put the price in the title. Considering that anyone can normally get the first month of Amazon Music Unlimited for free, it's really US$8.98 for the Echo Dot.

Is there a link to this 4 month deal you can link us? thanks - when i googled it came up with 30 days only
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Jul 30, 2016
190 posts
276 upvotes
resan wrote: Same issue here, I have a US relative but I can't check out, perhaps the issue is Canadian credit cards
I think that's the reason. I have a credit card issued in another country and I couldn't use it to sign up for 4-month prime music trail on Amazon Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7187 posts
7687 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote: Is there a link to this 4 month deal you can link us? thanks - when i googled it came up with 30 days only
Just Google search "Amazon Music Unlimited 4 months", or check the previous thread on RFD. It's still valid for both USA and Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7187 posts
7687 upvotes
Vancouver
bij0520 wrote: I think that's the reason. I have a credit card issued in another country and I couldn't use it to sign up for 4-month prime music trail on Amazon Canada.
Yes, Amazon Music Unlimited is very picky about verifying that your credit card matches your account country. I needed to sign up for AMU from amazon.com because all my Echo Dots and Fire tablet are on my U.S. Amazon account. It wouldn't take my US$ credit card or Paypal. I finally got it take my U.S. bank debit Visa card. I had to use a U.S. address which is not the correct address for the account, but apparently they didn't check that since it was a U.S. bank card.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1785 posts
240 upvotes
GVR
Harpagon wrote: Somehow I am not able to pass the checkout, it gives me an error. I have a trial for Prime and use an amerifriend address.
If you have a Canadian billing address it won't work, has anyone figured a work around?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)