Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.com] Kef LS50 speakers (all colours) $899.99 (read post for full details))

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2020 3:30 pm
[OP]
Feb 2, 2017
373 posts
427 upvotes

[Amazon.com] Kef LS50 speakers (all colours) $899.99 (read post for full details))

I was deciding if I should post this. Great deal with a chance to get more discount. It seems like Amazon mixes in brand new and "like new" speakers. I received mine yesterday and the box looked a bit off. Original Kef box but with lots of tape and multiple shipping labels. I open it up and a return label fell out. Guess they didn't pick it out when the package got returned.

Condition of the speakers is basically new. The sticker on top covering the logo still there with the original bungs and rubber feet. The speaker itself was a bit dusty but not a single scratch on it.

I decided to chat with Amazon CS to tell them it's not brand new. CS said to return it. I asked them if they would give me a discount since realistically an Amazon warehouse stock. I was first offered 10% but I asked for more since there was one Amazon warehouse stock for $720 (in acceptable condition but I didn't mention that). Final offer was 15% discount so I got it for $765 + tax which I think is an amazing deal for a new LS50.
Last edited by jaydubz on Jan 26th, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2444 posts
1682 upvotes
Kitchener
Was CDN$ 990.13
Deal Price: CDN$ 899.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
You Save: CDN$ 90.14 (9%)
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2722 posts
2258 upvotes
Oakville
jaydubz wrote: I was deciding if I should post this. Great deal with one caveat. It seems like Amazon mixes in brand new and "like new" speakers. I received mine yesterday and the box looked a bit off. Original Kef box but with lots of tape and multiple shipping labels. I open it up and a return label fell out. Guess they didn't pick it out when the package got returned.

Condition of the speakers is basically new. The sticker on top covering the logo still there with the original bungs and rubber feet. The speaker itself was a bit dusty but not a single scratch on it.

I decided to chat with Amazon CS to tell them it's not brand new. CS said to return it. I asked them if they would give me a discount since realistically an Amazon warehouse stock. I was first offered 10% but I asked for more since there was one Amazon warehouse stock for $720 (in acceptable condition but I didn't mention that). Final offer was 15% discount so I got it for $765 + tax which I think is an amazing deal for a new LS50.
Please delete your post.

First of all it's not a deal, if you have to order new and by chance hope you receive a used unitand then negotiate with CS after that.

Second of all, people are going to take advantage of this, as you know RFD is filled with lurkers, trolls, and low lives that get off on these kinds of scams.
-ZdpZ... ;)
[OP]
Feb 2, 2017
373 posts
427 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Please delete your post.

First of all it's not a deal, if you have to order new and by chance hope you receive a used unitand then negotiate with CS after that.

Second of all, people are going to take advantage of this, as you know RFD is filled with lurkers, trolls, and low lives that get off on these kinds of scams.
Visions had it for the same price back in Nov 2019. This is a good chance for people who missed out back then. Secondly, it is Amazon that is being scummy here selling returned products and passing it off as brand new. If you order and get a brand new stock, this is still a good deal. This is in no way a scam.
Jan 27, 2016
42 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Slightly off topic but what amp would you guys personally pair with these speakers? Currently I have mine hooked up to a marantz sr7012(deal from last year) and they sound good but I want to see if they can sound even better (yes I know the sr7012 is a home receiver but the deal was effin good!).
Sep 29, 2014
128 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Cameltoejoe wrote: Slightly off topic but what amp would you guys personally pair with these speakers? Currently I have mine hooked up to a marantz sr7012(deal from last year) and they sound good but I want to see if they can sound even better (yes I know the sr7012 is a home receiver but the deal was effin good!).
I had the smsl ad18, but it didn't sound that good. Ended up upgrading to the nuprime ida6 and it sounds a lot better. If you are using them for more than desktop speakers I'd recommend something with more power as these speakers are hard to drive.
Jun 4, 2019
62 posts
59 upvotes
jaydubz wrote: Visions had it for the same price back in Nov 2019. This is a good chance for people who missed out back then. Secondly, it is Amazon that is being scummy here selling returned products and passing it off as brand new. If you order and get a brand new stock, this is still a good deal. This is in no way a scam.
Visions still has it for this price and could easily get it lowered if you just ask them.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4056 posts
713 upvotes
Cameltoejoe wrote: Slightly off topic but what amp would you guys personally pair with these speakers? Currently I have mine hooked up to a marantz sr7012(deal from last year) and they sound good but I want to see if they can sound even better (yes I know the sr7012 is a home receiver but the deal was effin good!).
If you have the budget for a several thousand dollar receiver, I would look at Kef's better speakers first.
May 11, 2006
276 posts
160 upvotes
Know your stuff before going to visions. I've had them try to convince me all kef products are designed and made in the UK.. Trying to upsell me from what I originally went to the store to buy (a different brand) .
Last edited by cidkramer on Jan 26th, 2020 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1416 posts
2753 upvotes
Sometimes you get amazing deals if you look hard And often enough on amazon. I picked up a pair of LSX from amazon warehouse deals for $850 in “acceptable condition”. Box looked a little worse for wear but the speakers And accessories inside were mint. If there is a problem with stuff amazon usually does right by you.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2016
1917 posts
749 upvotes
I bought these at visions in Dec...$850...they are going to be replaced by a new model soon so even $850 is not "hot"
Mar 23, 2017
112 posts
77 upvotes
Depends on your budget and if you're using them near field or as bookshelves. Yamaha and Onkyo make some good stereo amps still, the schiit vidar is also great but a little pricey.
Mar 8, 2018
14 posts
17 upvotes
Op just reported his experience; I don't think he should voted down for sharing that.
Mar 26, 2004
193 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa
Good deal on these. If you do not already have amplification worthy of driving them, the LS50w is the better option.
Nov 22, 2012
780 posts
528 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Fjr2005 wrote: I bought these at visions in Dec...$850...they are going to be replaced by a new model soon so even $850 is not "hot"
Any information on the new model? Google search didn't show up anything.

I'm in the midst of buying these and need to weigh my decision.