• Jul 23rd, 2019 6:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2672 posts
257 upvotes

[Amazon] Miele Compact C1 Hardfloor Plus was $549 - now $299

I haven't seen this before, so could be a new model

Looks to be the same as the Compact C1 Black, but in Red and with an extra tool, the STB101 handheld turbo brush.

If one was looking at the Compact C1 Black then this would be the better deal as it's the same price.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1707 posts
92 upvotes
Ottawa
can't find any reviews on this... ughhh
Aug 19, 2018
926 posts
917 upvotes
Miele really only make quality vacuum. I don't think there is a single model that is bad.

This one, however, really only suitable for hardfloor. Don't bother use it for carpet if you have more carpet than a couple of door mat. Get a carpet version or buy another vacuum just for carpet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7681 posts
9166 upvotes
This is the same as the Compact C1 Celebration Canister Vacuum in Yellow, that came with the extra accessories and it's a great vacuum!
sears-miele-compact-c1-celebration-cani ... #p26153767

Managed to get one for $225 with a 5 Year Warranty and 2,500 Aeroplan Bonus Miles. (plus a few dollars back from Ebates) now that was a great deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2672 posts
257 upvotes
pace wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 10:22 pm
can't find any reviews on this... ughhh
same vacuum as any of the compact C1.. the difference with the models are the tools they come with.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4223 posts
1277 upvotes
The suction is along the same lines on every Miele so you don't really lose out between models. However, the big differentiator is often the attachment head(s). This one has an adjustable head which is hardwood and/or low pile carpet and honestly, I don't really consider it worth buying. Seems dumb to pay $300 for a vacuum which is just OKAY at hardwood and low pile when you could get a $50-$100 that's along the same lines. Where Miele tends to shine in my opinion, beyond HEPA (some models), warranty, and bagged benefits, is when you swap to a parquet head (hardwood floor) it just glides beautifully. For carpets, you typically want an agitator (spin brush within) and that comes in with an electric variant ($$$$$$$$$) or air powered turbo head ($$$) - the adjustable one on this model does not come with a brush within the head, it's just pure suction.

Attachment heads are around +$70ish separately so generally you may as well get a Miele with a head that you want already since you'd assume it would be cheaper than buying separately.

tl;dr For most people, aim for buying a Miele with a air powered turbo head as it's good on carpets, decent at hardwood.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Apr 26, 2019
170 posts
233 upvotes
Markham, ON
RiCHC3 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 12:29 am
The suction is along the same lines on every Miele so you don't really lose out between models. However, the big differentiator is often the attachment head(s). This one has an adjustable head which is hardwood and/or low pile carpet and honestly, I don't really consider it worth buying. Seems dumb to pay $300 for a vacuum which is just OKAY at hardwood and low pile when you could get a $50-$100 that's along the same lines. Where Miele tends to shine in my opinion, beyond HEPA (some models), warranty, and bagged benefits, is when you swap to a parquet head (hardwood floor) it just glides beautifully. For carpets, you typically want an agitator (spin brush within) and that comes in with an electric variant ($$$$$$$$$) or air powered turbo head ($$$) - the adjustable one on this model does not come with a brush within the head, it's just pure suction.

Attachment heads are around +$70ish separately so generally you may as well get a Miele with a head that you want already since you'd assume it would be cheaper than buying separately.

tl;dr For most people, aim for buying a Miele with a air powered turbo head as it's good on carpets, decent at hardwood.
What models do you suggest?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4223 posts
1277 upvotes
TorontoTrashPanda wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 1:06 am
What models do you suggest?
Model doesn't matter too much (IMO), unless you want something extra like a HEPA filter, need pet related attachments, or an electric head (air is fine, IMO).

Unfortunately, the cheaper models tend to have this head Image which I'm not too keen on at this general price range vs other vacuum manufacturers. However, if you have low pile carpet or minimal carpet in your home and mostly hardwood/tile, you could always give it a shot and see if it meets your needs, otherwise buy a parquet head ($70-$90) OR try this knock off for $30 (don't know if it's any good) https://www.amazon.ca/EZ-SPARES-Parquet ... B071VK7B9H

If you do have a decent chunk of carpet, could always go with OPs one, see whether you like it and if not either return or buy a turbo head ($90ish) attachment. I think the turbo head is decent enough on hardwood, although not quite as smooth of a movement.

I just like brush heads, you want a spinning brush that vibrates the carpet and untangles any debris or hair. I don't think the adjustable head really gets things like hair out.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Apr 26, 2019
170 posts
233 upvotes
Markham, ON
RiCHC3 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 1:23 am
Model doesn't matter too much (IMO), unless you want something extra like a HEPA filter, need pet related attachments, or an electric head (air is fine, IMO).

Unfortunately, the cheaper models tend to have this head Image which I'm not too keen on at this general price range vs other vacuum manufacturers. However, if you have low pile carpet or minimal carpet in your home and mostly hardwood/tile, you could always give it a shot and see if it meets your needs, otherwise buy a parquet head ($70-$90) OR try this knock off for $30 (don't know if it's any good) https://www.amazon.ca/EZ-SPARES-Parquet ... B071VK7B9H

If you do have a decent chunk of carpet, could always go with OPs one, see whether you like it and if not either return or buy a turbo head ($90ish) attachment. I think the turbo head is decent enough on hardwood, although not quite as smooth of a movement.

I just like brush heads, you want a spinning brush that vibrates the carpet and untangles any debris or hair. I don't think the adjustable head really gets things like hair out.
Didn't know you could just buy a turbo head, thought it had to come with the initial vacuum. Thanks for sharing.
Jun 21, 2011
77 posts
26 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I have a c3. I have three heada for it: the non-ekectric turbo carpet brush, parquet brush, and the dual carpet/hardwood floor brush.

The dual caropet/hardwood brush is heavy to manuever and useless on carpet.
The parquet performa wonderfully, and is light and glides easily.
The aur suction powered turbo brush is ok on carpet, but it is also heavy.

I got the parquet brush at BBB for ~$35. This brush head is what makes my C3 shine. Without the parquet head, it would be a daunting task to vacuum.
May 15, 2009
136 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
I believe the C1 is made in China instead of Germany like the rest of their vacuums.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2660 posts
970 upvotes
wongjing wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 5:02 am
I believe the C1 is made in China instead of Germany like the rest of their vacuums.
Yes, but the motor itself is still the same German-made motor that the C2 and C3 uses.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28405 posts
14189 upvotes
Ottawa
This model isn't compatible with the powerhead attachment.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3600 posts
925 upvotes
Ottawa
wongjing wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 5:02 am
I really don't think there's anything to worry about here. A good manufacturer knows how to manage the quality of product that comes out of their subco. You don't see many people refusing to buy Apple products because they're MIC.