Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Door Opener - New Model - myQ-G040 USD $ 19.98 + shipping

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 12:59 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 4, 2018
59 posts
65 upvotes
Milton, ON

[Amazon.com] myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Door Opener - New Model - myQ-G040 USD $ 19.98 + shipping

Hi Guys,
First post here. Came across this deal on Amazon.com.

The newest model of myQ Garage Openeer is on sale for USD$ 19.98 (+ USD$ 8.97 shipping) without any import fees; which comes to around CAD$ 36.44
Deal Link : https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-Ope ... B08GD3D9YJ

The similar item on Amazon.ca is CAD$ 50.24 : https://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Garage-Open ... B08GD3D9YJ

Seems to be a HOT deal.
88 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
379 posts
470 upvotes
Whitby
Does it requires extra sensors if your garage has 2 doors?
I have the previous model, recently installed, but the sensor only is almost the same price as the smart garage.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2370 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
MrMello wrote: Does it requires extra sensors if your garage has 2 doors?
I have the previous model, recently installed, but the sensor only is almost the same price as the smart garage.
sounds like it from the link - senor is 20
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
379 posts
470 upvotes
Whitby
If anyone finds how to connect via Google home, please let me know. I already enrolled for the free subscription but still not able to find MyQ in the list of Google partners.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 30, 2007
942 posts
290 upvotes
Edmonton
Chamberlain MYQ-G040(USA)/MYQ-G0401(CAD) are the newer model of Chamberlain MYQ-G0301(USA) /MYQ-G0301C(CAD). Supposely, MYQ-G040X has wifi and bluetooth vs MYQ-G0301X having only wifi. Having bluetooth option, MYQ-G040X supposedly allow easier connection. There are users reporting that the MyQ app having connection problem with android 10+ device. So suggestion is to install MyQ app first on your phone and if does not work.. then think before you buy.
Android 10 Users Beware. MyQ App Doesn't Work
Reviewed in the United States on December 12, 2020
Style: myQ Smart Hub White with WiFi & BluetoothVerified Purchase
ATTENTION: Android users download the MyQ app first before buying device.

The product asked me to download the app. Now I am trying to log in. I have spent two hours trying to get past this screen. If I ever do, I will update my review until then, if you are using a Samsung Galaxy S20 or S10, you may not be able to use MyQ app even after following the troubleshooting steps in Chamberlain's website. Disappointed Face

1st Update: Followed all of the troubleshooting steps again and no change. I don't want to return this product because it seems cool but if I cannot use it, I will have to return it.

2nd Update: Chamberlain has great customer service support. They escalated the issue to their software engineers. I was told that this problem could not be rectified but they were aware of it. I was asked to wait until they released an update.
Price Error + Coupon Code + Free Upgrades = RFD !!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1190 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have the old black model and the new white model? Is it worth upgrading? does Bluetooth really help with the connection? I like to open my garage door when I’m “just around the corner” which would be too far for Bluetooth to work .... so what’s the advantage of the new model?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 30, 2007
942 posts
290 upvotes
Edmonton
MrMello wrote: Does it requires extra sensors if your garage has 2 doors?
I have the previous model, recently installed, but the sensor only is almost the same price as the smart garage.
I believe 1 sensor per door. So in your case, you can order 2 of these and the shipping (include import and duties fee) is $12.64 instead of $8.97. Save the 2nd hub for backup purpose or sell it.

Update: Shipping is $12.64 but there is import fee of $5.70. Still no taxes. Thanks hiker007
Last edited by jasperException on Apr 12th, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Price Error + Coupon Code + Free Upgrades = RFD !!!!!!!
Member
Dec 17, 2017
352 posts
334 upvotes
Why do you need to do that? Just connect it to google home and the myQ app will open wherever you are. My garage door opened randomly last year so I had a camera ping me when it opened and I would just close it on the myQ app when i was out of town. This is with the black model.

mcfrugal wrote: Does anyone have the old black model and the new white model? Is it worth upgrading? does Bluetooth really help with the connection? I like to open my garage door when I’m “just around the corner” which would be too far for Bluetooth to work .... so what’s the advantage of the new model?
Member
Dec 17, 2007
431 posts
204 upvotes
I have MYQ-G030 bought from Amazon.com last time when it's on sale. I only have one sensor of G0302 to control one of my garage doors. I wonder if I can use G0401 hub with G0302 / G0402, or use G0301 hub with G0302 / G0402.
Newbie
Feb 11, 2014
44 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
Does this require a subscription to use?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1190 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto
aphextwin wrote: Why do you need to do that? Just connect it to google home and the myQ app will open wherever you are. My garage door opened randomly last year so I had a camera ping me when it opened and I would just close it on the myQ app when i was out of town. This is with the black model.
thanks. My question was more like “why would I want the new model”. I can do what I need to do with the old model without Bluetooth. Are there any NEW features I’m missing out on?
Sr. Member
Jan 22, 2015
596 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MrMello wrote: If anyone finds how to connect via Google home, please let me know. I already enrolled for the free subscription but still not able to find MyQ in the list of Google partners.
Try going through Google Assistant - I remember it being a annoying thing to set it up.
https://www.myq.com/google-assistant

Just went to test it but I see mine has been offline for 105 days... ya know cause covid
and never leaving the house anymore.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 21, 2009
819 posts
724 upvotes
Sensor + Hub: $19.98 + No Import Fees Deposit & $8.97 Shipping

Sensor only: $27.09 + No Import Fees Deposit & $8.24 Shipping to Canada
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
18707 posts
21383 upvotes
GTA
mcfrugal wrote: Does anyone have the old black model and the new white model? Is it worth upgrading? does Bluetooth really help with the connection? I like to open my garage door when I’m “just around the corner” which would be too far for Bluetooth to work .... so what’s the advantage of the new model?
I think the BT is just for initial setup as some users had trouble with it's wifi hotspot. Normal operation is still through the internet. No reason to get new model really, unless you really want it in white.

Improved setup: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) integration makes setup easier than ever.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jr. Member
Sep 10, 2017
124 posts
167 upvotes
I have the old black model and paid much more than this. Really like the product.

Note: as far as i know, this isn't usable with voice (like Alexa) due to the possibility of someone yelling out an open window and gaining access to your garage.

But I do love the ability to open my garage from my phone and find it to be very useful. My garage is not huge, so it helps to not have to climb over the car to hit the button.
Member
Dec 17, 2017
352 posts
334 upvotes
Agreed.
engineered wrote: I think the BT is just for initial setup as some users had trouble with it's wifi hotspot. Normal operation is still through the internet. No reason to get new model really, unless you really want it in white.

Improved setup: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) integration makes setup easier than ever.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14783 posts
6327 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They should have added Homekit support to this to make it a one-hub solution, but that didn't happen. That would be a great feature to justify the upgrade from the black version.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1778 posts
2617 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
newcan wrote: Try going through Google Assistant - I remember it being a annoying thing to set it up.
https://www.myq.com/google-assistant

Just went to test it but I see mine has been offline for 105 days... ya know cause covid
and never leaving the house anymore.
Google Assistant app is the way to go.

You can set it all up from the myQ app in the Works With section. It'll take you to Google Assistant.
Member
User avatar
Nov 29, 2003
416 posts
434 upvotes
Mississauga
Whoa. This is so much cheaper than when I bought the black version. I'm pretty sure it was close to $100 and that was maybe 2 years ago. Crazy.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)