Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.com] myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Door Opener - New Model - myQ-G040 USD $ 19.98 + shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2021 7:58 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13915 posts
5525 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ramsman13 wrote: Note: as far as i know, this isn't usable with voice (like Alexa) due to the possibility of someone yelling out an open window and gaining access to your garage.
There is a convoluted way to open/close with voice and that is to integrate the myQ hub into Homekit using Homebridge (not Chamberlain's Homebridge device which costs an additional $90, but the free Homebridge server https://homebridge.io/). With the homekit integration, you'll be able to control the garage door with Siri (open & close). Because you can only command Siri with an authenticated device (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, etc.) you can safely issue an open command to MyQ via Homebridge without worrying someone else can do the same.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3923 posts
138 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: Google Assistant app is the way to go.

You can set it all up from the myQ app in the Works With section. It'll take you to Google Assistant.
Is that still free or for a limited time?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5337 posts
3802 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Thanks! Ordered as well. Cheaper than the other Amazon one and less of a hassle to install.
Jun 22, 2008
22 posts
22 upvotes
Will this alert me if my garage is left open past a certain time (say 9pm) or if I've left it open a certain number of hours? My kids have a tendency to open the garage and leave it open all night...
Nov 25, 2017
741 posts
569 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: They should have added Homekit support to this to make it a one-hub solution, but that didn't happen. That would be a great feature to justify the upgrade from the black version.
I use HomeKit via homebridge on the older black model works perfect.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5337 posts
3802 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
synaptech wrote: The app sucks
As long as HomeKit works, doesn't matter if app sucks lol
Jan 22, 2006
266 posts
1 upvote
Milton
Have they fixed the scheduling issue the original black model had (issue is that it doesn't work)?

I bought the original one because it said it would allow you to schedule a daily time for the garage door to close, but ended up disabling the feature.
Last edited by justaguy111 on Apr 12th, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2017
305 posts
364 upvotes
Whitby
ChippewaBarr wrote: Google Assistant app is the way to go.

You can set it all up from the myQ app in the Works With section. It'll take you to Google Assistant.
Yeah, I understand. But I was expecting to create a routine to open the garage door while arriving home. Or closing the door when leaving home (as a backup in case I forgot to press the button and w/out opening another app). Its only possible trough Google Home. But looks like not compatible.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1613 posts
294 upvotes
Doesn't the sensor need some kind of oddball battery size? Does that need to be replaced often?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1452 posts
2005 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Riflem@n wrote: Is that still free or for a limited time?
As far as I know free.

Never paid anything for it for years lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1452 posts
2005 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
MrMello wrote: Yeah, I understand. But I was expecting to create a routine to open the garage door while arriving home. Or closing the door when leaving home (as a backup in case I forgot to press the button and w/out opening another app). Its only possible trough Google Home. But looks like not compatible.
Ohhh I gotcha.

Yeah not sure on your particular usage case. I really just use it to open/close on demand kinda thing.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1468 posts
543 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How many should I order when I have two garage doors?
May 29, 2017
749 posts
442 upvotes
Canada
gory33 wrote: Whoa. This is so much cheaper than when I bought the black version. I'm pretty sure it was close to $100 and that was maybe 2 years ago. Crazy.
Ya, I paid $50 for the black one just last year.

It has been a bit disappointing tho, it has given me false alerts many times, or delayed closed alerts, like when I leave my home and hour an later it'll say the garage door just closed...I never leave my driveway until the door is fully closed.

I have also had it send me false alert that garage door is still open (I had it in the settings to notify me if garage was left open for more than 10 minutes) and I had to cancel the alert because i twas causing me to panic with false alerts lol

I also recently installed a Wyze V3 in my garage, so no need for alerts ever, I can juts see it with my own eyes. Kind of wish Wyze would make a garage door opener.
Last edited by Samshares on Apr 12th, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? Read all my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST
Dec 4, 2017
305 posts
364 upvotes
Whitby
jacky190424 wrote: How many should I order when I have two garage doors?
You need one hub and 2 door sensors. As the hub comes with one sensor... So you need a second one. However, it's cheap buying 2 hubs - (who understands their business?)
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3965 posts
1216 upvotes
Durham Region
And here I bought a new opener like a sucker...

Just kidding, was due for it anyways. But good deal if yours works fine.