Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Door Opener - New Model - myQ-G040 USD $ 19.98 + shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 12:59 pm
Nov 26, 2017
173 posts
277 upvotes
Does the wifi signal for this unit interfere with the regular garage door opener button? Had a similar product from meross and the regular button only worked when really close to the garage door because of the wifi signal coming to the smart door opener.
Rogers Ignite 300u - 40$
Public Mobile 4.5Gb - 40-7$
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1171 posts
808 upvotes
Canada
berto_14 wrote: Will this alert me if my garage is left open past a certain time (say 9pm) or if I've left it open a certain number of hours? My kids have a tendency to open the garage and leave it open all night...
I have configured the option inside the app to close the garage at 9pm if its open for any reason.

Wife left the garage open once....all night....lol
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 18GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1171 posts
808 upvotes
Canada
bobor wrote: Doesn't the sensor need some kind of oddball battery size? Does that need to be replaced often?
like 6 months to a year....I think it lasts depending on how often you use your garage.

We open/close 8 times a day....mine lasts a bit less than a year in the previous gen. model of this.

I have a meross version of the one they had on indigogo last year because I want to consolidate my smart devices, and it supports Apple HomeKit as well.

I have Meross smart plugs already.

I do wish Wyze made a garage door opener, along with Cameras it would be amazing to get garage door opener, they already have smart plugs available.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Dec 27, 2007
848 posts
591 upvotes
gsainath4u wrote: Hi Guys,
First post here. Came across this deal on Amazon.com.

The newest model of myQ Garage Openeer is on sale for USD$ 19.98 (+ USD$ 8.97 shipping) without any import fees; which comes to around CAD$ 36.44
Deal Link : https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-Ope ... B08GD3D9YJ

The similar item on Amazon.ca is CAD$ 50.24 : https://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Garage-Open ... B08GD3D9YJ

Seems to be a HOT deal.

I added 2 into the cart, it has the Import Fee but shipping fee is not doubled.

Order Summary
Items (2): $39.96
Shipping & handling: $12.64
Total before tax: $52.60
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit: $5.70
Order total: US$58.30

I am wondering if we can return it in case it doesn't work?
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1171 posts
808 upvotes
Canada
newuserhere wrote: Same question
No, its free to use forever, no fees. Just the initial hardware cost (and extra sensor cost if you have more than 1 garage door as each door requires a sensor and all can be tied to one hub)

Aug 16, 2020
797 posts
145 upvotes
gory33 wrote: Whoa. This is so much cheaper than when I bought the black version. I'm pretty sure it was close to $100 and that was maybe 2 years ago. Crazy.
Then why were people buying refross smart opener from other thread in $50.x CAD from amazon US even when this was available in same $50 from amazon ca.
Aug 14, 2012
132 posts
40 upvotes
Does this work with Apple Homekit? Or do I need a bridge?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1336 posts
626 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
MrMello wrote: If anyone finds how to connect via Google home, please let me know. I already enrolled for the free subscription but still not able to find MyQ in the list of Google partners.
Don't bother. Doesn't work to open the garage door do to it being a security issue.
Sep 28, 2015
791 posts
866 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
How does the sensor work? It’s just detecting if it’s in a horizontal or vertical position?
Sep 28, 2015
791 posts
866 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Samshares wrote: No, its free to use forever, no fees. Just the initial hardware cost (and extra sensor cost if you have more than 1 garage door as each door requires a sensor and all can be tied to one hub)
Do they actually say it’s free forever?
Mar 19, 2002
388 posts
232 upvotes
n7n1c1
warmdeals wrote: How does the sensor work? It’s just detecting if it’s in a horizontal or vertical position?
I presume so. I'd place it at the TOP of the garage door as that were the angle would change the quickest to indicate the door is open, even if slightly.
Heatware Reference Tyger
Dec 24, 2011
622 posts
452 upvotes
toronto
Tyger wrote: I presume so. I'd place it at the TOP of the garage door as that were the angle would change the quickest to indicate the door is open, even if slightly.
Yes it has to be placed at the top left or right corner of the garage door. I had the older version from december sale and installed it couple of days back. The app guides you through each step.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12870 upvotes
Wait there's a new version? What are the differences?

I bought the older one in the last sale but I remember you needed to buy two if you have two GDOs and they were not Chamberlain/MyQ compatible. I bought the one in the sale thinking I'd buy the second one in the next sale...but now there's a different model.

In the Q&A Chamberlain says you can use one plus one add'l sensor for two garages, seemingly with any openers? This looks like a change with the new model? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I determined I needed two full sets when I looked into it last. Can the sensor from the old model work with this one, or am I now into buying two more full sets given it's cheaper to buy the set than the sensor?

Then sell the old [unused] one I guess? But if the sensor from the old one works that would be better.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5206 posts
6186 upvotes
I have the old one, but found it pretty unreliable. It doesn't always open/close through the app. There were times when it report the wrong status of the garage door too. Another bad thing is if it fail to close twice, you have to manually close it locally from the original garage wall console (probably a safety feature). Does anyone else have similar experience?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1778 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Does it has timer to close the garage door by count down the time?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14760 posts
6319 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jacky190424 wrote: Does it has timer to close the garage door by count down the time?
Yes, it will start beeping for 5 to 10 seconds (can't remember exactly how long) and flashing the light at the same time before the garage door actually closes. Opening the door, on the other hand, is immediate.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1020 posts
396 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Wait there's a new version? What are the differences?

I bought the older one in the last sale but I remember you needed to buy two if you have two GDOs and they were not Chamberlain/MyQ compatible. I bought the one in the sale thinking I'd buy the second one in the next sale...but now there's a different model.

In the Q&A Chamberlain says you can use one plus one add'l sensor for two garages, seemingly with any openers? This looks like a change with the new model? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I determined I needed two full sets when I looked into it last. Can the sensor from the old model work with this one, or am I now into buying two more full sets given it's cheaper to buy the set than the sensor?

Then sell the old [unused] one I guess? But if the sensor from the old one works that would be better.
I have used one (older) hub with two (older ) sensors on my two door garage doors each having a garage door opener that are Chamberlain branded.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)