Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Nature's Bounty Biotin Supplement, Supports Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails, 165 Gummies

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 8:36 am
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes

[Amazon.com] Nature's Bounty Biotin Supplement, Supports Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails, 165 Gummies

I know a lot of you (or your aging parents) are into this supplement, and stock up from Costco.
Current price at amazon.ca subscription is 5 cents, vs. 8 cents from Costo, regular price.
Purchase for your women (or men), and thank me later.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
Biotin deficiency appears to be fairly rare, since the body doesn't need much and it's in a lot of food (and bacteria in your gut). It can happen, but this generally just seems like one of those 'woo' supplements for most people...

EDIT: Warren Buffet has said 'Price is what you pay, value is what you get'. I think most people on here are trying to find deals where the value they get is in excess of the price they pay. I'm not convinced these supplements have much value.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
By fairly rare, you mean it does not affect you? What is the reference or basis of your "fairly"? And who do you mean for "most people"?
Have you gone through the reviews? Do you know people who were taking these supplements and considered them "woo"?

EDIT: carry on! I'm not gonna go through RFD and see some iron supplements on sale and consider them of less value because I don't have an iron deficiency or the supplements have no effect on ME.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
Seanne wrote: By fairly rare, you mean it does not affect you? What is the reference or basis of your "fairly"? And who do you mean for "most people"?
Have you gone through the reviews? Do you know people who were taking these supplements and considered them "woo"?

EDIT: carry on! I'm not gonna go through RFD and see some iron supplements on sale and consider them of less value because I don't have an iron deficiency or the supplements have no effect on ME.
No, it's because biotin deficiency is rare. Biotin is in lots of food, so it's unusual to not have enough.

https://www.healthline.com/health/bioti ... de-effects

A biotin deficiency isn’t as common as other deficiencies. Few people eating a healthy, well-balanced diet will struggle to have enough biotin. That’s because many common foods contain large amounts of the vitamin naturally.

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Biotin-Consumer/

'Biotin deficiency is very rare in the United States.'

'Dietary supplements that contain biotin are often promoted to improve the health of your hair, skin, and nails, but there is little scientific evidence to support these claims.'

Reviews of woo supplements are always very highly suspect because of glitches in human psychology - notably the placebo effect and confirmation bias. Here is a great example:

https://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Coldcalm- ... B01LTHOPUS

This homeopathic medicine has no active ingredients that do anything at all - this pill does literally nothing to help people with their colds. Despite that, it has 443 customer reviews and a 4+ star rating.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
Thanks for the detailed input. I will track the progress of mommy whether or not it is just the placebo effect.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)