Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

Oculus Quest 2 - Amazon Renewed Premium for $249+ USD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 8:56 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 11, 2010
50 posts
212 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Amazon.com] Oculus Quest 2 - Amazon Renewed Premium for $249+ USD

Pretty solid deal for renewed Oculus 2 with extra strap and carrying case. Part of Amazon Renewed Premium program which gives you a 1 year warranty. Approximately $300 USD all in after everything.


From the page (oddly enough uses Samsung in the language): "A like-new experience. Backed by a one-year satisfaction guarantee. These Renewed Premium products are shipped and sold by Amazon and have been certified by Samsung to work and look like new. They have been remanufactured with a brand new battery and come in brand-new Samsung packaging with brand-new original accessories. They come with the same one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty, just like a brand new Samsung device."
14 replies
Sr. Member
Oct 3, 2015
865 posts
1804 upvotes
Toronto
After fees it is $328.85 USD which is $416.81 Canadian Dollar

I guess worth it if you really want the case but barely a savings on the regular Canadian $399 Price with tax.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5849 posts
3846 upvotes
SW ON
Any way to use it without a Facebook account?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
4940 posts
4747 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I would be surprised if it actually shipped with case & strap. Probably Amazon pulling the image from somewhere, just like how it has Samsung in the description.

There's no hint of the case & strap anywhere other than that one picture.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2007
194 posts
271 upvotes
Kingston, ON
For me shows:

$249.00
$76.04 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Canada Details
$14.19 delivery

$339.23 US to CAD is $429.47 all in.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5849 posts
3846 upvotes
SW ON
"have been refurbished by the original manufacturer or Amazon directly". The worrying part. Repacked used returned product?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2007
194 posts
271 upvotes
Kingston, ON
TheMadMax wrote: After fees it is $328.85 USD which is $416.81 Canadian Dollar

I guess worth it if you really want the case but barely a savings on the regular Canadian $399 Price with tax.
Where is it $399 tax in? Or did you mean plus tax?
Member
Jul 30, 2011
481 posts
464 upvotes
Durham region
What are the odds of ordering it then complain to customer support about the condition of the refurbish to knock off another $75? (Otherwise return it)
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2218 posts
1776 upvotes
Surrey
rugerty100 wrote: I would be surprised if it actually shipped with case & strap. Probably Amazon pulling the image from somewhere, just like how it has Samsung in the description.

There's no hint of the case & strap anywhere other than that one picture.
Exactly what I think too
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 26, 2006
1466 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like pretty low savings for the potential risk. Buying during BF with the credit/gift cards would have effectively been cheaper than this.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2371 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
Have a 49$ USD (63$ Cad) gift card that I have been sitting on forever.

What option would you pick?
Untitled.png
Last edited by keyser-soze on Jan 26th, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
5889 posts
17438 upvotes
Kitchener
Is this a good deal?
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Jr. Member
Dec 12, 2015
109 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
alpovs wrote: Any way to use it without a Facebook account?
Not currently, but there is a closed beta program for some businesses right now where that is one part of it, I believe that may become an open beta in H2 2022, but it may only be targeted at businesses but I believe they were looking at removing the requirement for consumers as well at some point in 2022 just not sure if that will mean no access to the app store.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 3, 2006
162 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
alpovs wrote: Any way to use it without a Facebook account?
User660103 wrote:
Not currently, but there is a closed beta program for some businesses right now where that is one part of it, I believe that may become an open beta in H2 2022, but it may only be targeted at businesses but I believe they were looking at removing the requirement for consumers as well at some point in 2022 just not sure if that will mean no access to the app store.
https://old.reddit.com/r/virtualreality ... _facebook/

No Facebook, but you will need an Oculus dev account.
I did this and it worked as planned.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)