Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon] Panasonic Arc 5 Razor with Cleaning Station $150 USD (USA DEAL)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2018 9:53 am
[OP]
Nov 29, 2006
960 posts
249 upvotes

[Amazon] Panasonic Arc 5 Razor with Cleaning Station $150 USD (USA DEAL)

This is a USA deal only and only applies to people who have access to pick up or mail forwarding, or friends/family in the USA.

With all the recent deals on razors, this one seems pretty good for the people who can get it. The Panasonic Arc5 and the Braun Series 9 are the two names that pop up when talking about the best razor. This one is second generation, comes with the cleaning station and is about $200 CAD after conversion which is similarly priced with the Braun that's also in these threads.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FP ... UTF8&psc=1
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1189 posts
471 upvotes
Burnaby
Considering its more expensive than the Canadian deals, this doesn't seem like a deal at all.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2006
960 posts
249 upvotes
A little confused... How is this more expensive than the CAD deals? Whats the lowest price you've ever seen for an arc5 with cleaning station. I've been looking for about a couple of years, and this seems like a great deal... Only problem is that it's a USA deal so not for everyone, price wise... I haven't seen better in a very long time
Jun 1, 2006
831 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
It ships to Canada, I'm not sure why you think it's a USA only deal.
If you factor in the possible warranty/return issues, masterpass promo, or some other discounts or cash back, ebates, etc, it probably ends up costing more in $$ and frustration than the Canadian Braun deals.
I don't have a Braun 9 series so I can't compare but from what I read, the Arc5 will give you a closer shave. I'm very happy with mine. I didn't get the one with the cleaning station because I have read that it's really unnecessary, especially for the Arc series.
Like it or not, Braun still commands more respect over Panasonic. I posted the $99.99 USD deal earlier this month for the Arc 5 standalone version and 2 people downvoted it for it being a bad price. Go figure. Don't let the downvotes get to you.
As most readers here are Canadians, at $150 USD, or $230+ after duties and conversion, it might be a good deal relative to it's MSRP but compared to the Series 9 for about $180 or $203 after taxes, it's a hard sell.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2006
960 posts
249 upvotes
j6n wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:18 am
It ships to Canada, I'm not sure why you think it's a USA only deal.
If you factor in the possible warranty/return issues, masterpass promo, or some other discounts or cash back, ebates, etc, it probably ends up costing more in $$ and frustration than the Canadian Braun deals.
I don't have a Braun 9 series so I can't compare but from what I read, the Arc5 will give you a closer shave. I'm very happy with mine. I didn't get the one with the cleaning station because I have read that it's really unnecessary, especially for the Arc series.
Like it or not, Braun still commands more respect over Panasonic. I posted the $99.99 USD deal earlier this month for the Arc 5 standalone version and 2 people downvoted it for it being a bad price. Go figure. Don't let the downvotes get to you.
As most readers here are Canadians, at $150 USD, or $230+ after duties and conversion, it might be a good deal relative to it's MSRP but compared to the Series 9 for about $180 or $203 after taxes, it's a hard sell.
Oh, thanks for the info. I never tried to ship to Canada so I just assumed that it didn't. I didn't know the Braun commanded more respect in Canada. In the US, seems like more people prefer the Panny over the Braun.
Jun 1, 2006
831 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
Maybe I didn't explain it well but that's what I meant. There are more Panasonic reviews and they score noticably better, yet, a lot of people still swear by Braun.
I thought I owned a Braun in the past, now I'm not so sure. If I did, I guess it didn't hang around for long. I know I had a Remington for sure. And a rotary one. Was never impressed by any of them. The last electric I was using was a Hitachi from Japan which I received as a gift. That was the only one I liked but it was on life support.
I was worried about making my purchase since it cost me around $150 CAD in total after rebates since I had never paid so much for an electric shaver before. But so far I'm really glad I did.
ktkn wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:55 am
Oh, thanks for the info. I never tried to ship to Canada so I just assumed that it didn't. I didn't know the Braun commanded more respect in Canada. In the US, seems like more people prefer the Panny over the Braun.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2224 posts
446 upvotes
Historic low price on the Arc 5 + cleaning station. Definitely doesn’t warrant downvotes. Only question is whether or not the cleaning station is worth the extra $50 USD over the sale price of the shaver alone, which has sold for $99 USD a few different times.
Jun 1, 2006
831 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
Keep in mind almost an extra $8 USD in duties as well.
SpoonyBard wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 3:21 am
Historic low price on the Arc 5 + cleaning station. Definitely doesn’t warrant downvotes. Only question is whether or not the cleaning station is worth the extra $50 USD over the sale price of the shaver alone, which has sold for $99 USD a few different times.
Oct 25, 2010
161 posts
99 upvotes
This is an amazing price and also available at BestBuy.com. Upvote this thread!!!!!

Yes this is a USA deal, ship to a US address and drive down to pick up. Most likely you will not be charged any duty, possibly just CAD sales tax but that depends on your luck.

IMHO: Panasonic ARC4 > Braun7 in terms of closeness and post shave comfort. Looks like Panasonic ARC5 > Braun9 based on Shaver Check.
Oct 25, 2010
161 posts
99 upvotes
j6n wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 3:31 am
Keep in mind almost an extra $8 USD in duties as well.
Wow, almost a whopping $8. It's going to break the bank!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1294 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
SpoonyBard wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 3:21 am
Totally off-topic, but I assume you’re an FF IV fan, it so, excellent username. lol
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1005 posts
293 upvotes
bbcspaceman wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 7:44 pm
Here’s the shaver alone, no cleaning base. $100 USD, no sales taxes, free shipping to USA only.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3382787067
it's only $13.01 International Priority Shipping to Canada via the Global Shipping Program.

For 99$ it's a better deal since Pannies do not need the base whatsoever (I got this one last year on a 99$ US Amazon deal without the base). They clean well, and always cleaned well unlike the Brauns, straight over the faucet/shower. I have had 4 Pannies and 2 Brauns in the past 20 years and prefer the Pannies much more.

Be aware the the replacement foil/blade combo is close to like 90$C and should be replaced every year (WES9032P).
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1057 posts
178 upvotes
Hey, any idea if these shavers can shave two weeks long beard?
The costco ones can if you change head to the one similar to what hairdresers use.
Jun 1, 2006
831 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
Do you mean the Series 9 from Braun at Costco? I didn't know you could change the head on them. Kind of confused.

I saw a video where the guy used the sideburn trimmer on a Braun to mow down his long beard before shaving normally. I don't see why you couldn't do that with the Panasonic or any other shaver. Never tried it so I'm not sure if it yanks and hurts or not.
darkesha wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 9:37 pm
Hey, any idea if these shavers can shave two weeks long beard?
The costco ones can if you change head to the one similar to what hairdresers use.