Locked: PlayStation 4 now in stock !

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2014 6:46 pm
Tags:
Oct 28, 2012
444 posts
159 upvotes
Calgary
lofony wrote: The demand for ps4 is dying. Funny thing some people still insist $500+ on craigslist...
Seems like the demand is going up to me, prices on ebay and amazon are higher then they were at launch. They've probably sold close to 7 million consoles by now, I wouldn't be surprised if they are still hard to get in may.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1179 posts
1734 upvotes
Toronto
Screw Sony, when our dollar was at par we saw no such deals but now our dollar is doen 10 cents to the American and they up the price by $50, and games from $60 to $65. Thats terrible, and not a good way to keep its fan base. For the first time Im thinking about Xbox now. For an extra $50 you get the Kinect and a free game (Titanfall). I hope others vote with their wallet and send a msg to Sony that we wont take this crap from them. Corporations could care less about us its all about extracting as much $$$ from our wallets if they feel they can do so.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
JustinPash wrote: Screw Sony, when our dollar was at par we saw no such deals but now our dollar is doen 10 cents to the American and they up the price by $50, and games from $60 to $65. Thats terrible, and not a good way to keep its fan base. For the first time Im thinking about Xbox now. For an extra $50 you get the Kinect and a free game (Titanfall). I hope others vote with their wallet and send a msg to Sony that we wont take this crap from them. Corporations could care less about us its all about extracting as much $$$ from our wallets if they feel they can do so.
If you buy the ps4 from amazon.com for $399.99 it comes to $440 canadian... it makes sense for the increase in price. This does make the titanfall xbox one bundle very tempting now for those on the fence.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47194 posts
7596 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JustinPash wrote: Screw Sony, when our dollar was at par we saw no such deals but now our dollar is doen 10 cents to the American and they up the price by $50, and games from $60 to $65. Thats terrible, and not a good way to keep its fan base. For the first time Im thinking about Xbox now. For an extra $50 you get the Kinect and a free game (Titanfall). I hope others vote with their wallet and send a msg to Sony that we wont take this crap from them. Corporations could care less about us its all about extracting as much $$$ from our wallets if they feel they can do so.
Just because The Source decided to sell it for $50 more doesn't mean that decision is coming directly from Sony...
Mar 3, 2008
470 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: Just because The Source decided to sell it for $50 more doesn't mean that decision is coming directly from Sony...
If you researched a bit or read above you would not be ignorant to the truth. The is directly from Sony.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
2058 posts
102 upvotes
Every retailer raised their price for PS4 by $50 which is going to hurt their sales for sure.
2014 Perth Mint God of Olympus - Hades - $320 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
2013 Glass Butterfly - $190 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4613 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
f'ing sony, not buying a ps4 now
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1214 posts
18 upvotes
lofony wrote: Every retailer raised their price for PS4 by $50 which is going to hurt their sales for sure.
The thing is impossible to find. I hope the stock stabilizes now with this price hike.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
2058 posts
102 upvotes
sweetvar26 wrote: The thing is impossible to find. I hope the stock stabilizes now with this price hike.
Well soon you will see $50 off for a limited time and quantity to buy a PS4 at $399.99. It is just a marketing strategy to boost their sales again when they have huge in stock available....

I personally wouldn't mind to wait longer until I see price is dropped to $250 or so.
2014 Perth Mint God of Olympus - Hades - $320 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
2013 Glass Butterfly - $190 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
Nov 9, 2012
66 posts
15 upvotes
brantford
i got a call to pick up my ps4 on friday at eb that was ordered in november and paid for. Should still be the 399.99 price when i pick up?
Jan 29, 2006
718 posts
67 upvotes
spawng33k wrote: i got a call to pick up my ps4 on friday at eb that was ordered in november and paid for. Should still be the 399.99 price when i pick up?
They will honour the price since you already paid in full.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12126 posts
3453 upvotes
lofony wrote: The demand for ps4 is dying. Funny thing some people still insist $500+ on craigslist...
lofony wrote: Every retailer raised their price for PS4 by $50 which is going to hurt their sales for sure.
I am sure that a few people pissed about a price increase aren't going to hurt a corporation like SONY. And yes, corporations could not care less about the small guys. GAS, Food, Water, hydro, you name it, they all increase prices all the time, yet, they are reporting record net gains each quarter/year.
Nexzen wrote: If you buy the ps4 from amazon.com for $399.99 it comes to $440 canadian... it makes sense for the increase in price. This does make the titanfall xbox one bundle very tempting now for those on the fence.
Microsoft could pull the same thing and price hike some too, to maintain profits with a falling dollar. The PS4 was already $100 cheaper, yes, with no camera, so with camera, it was only $40 cheaper and now it will work out to $10 more than XBOX One. but yes, now you get a free game...
lofony wrote: Well soon you will see $50 off for a limited time and quantity to buy a PS4 at $399.99. It is just a marketing strategy to boost their sales again when they have huge in stock available....

I personally wouldn't mind to wait longer until I see price is dropped to $250 or so.
I think you are right, it is easier for SONY to make the customer think they are getting a deal, when they have $50 off sales... or now, they can include a game (for free apparently) into a combo price at $450. Easier way to get their games moving, and at the same time, possibly increase PS+ sales/memberships
spawng33k wrote: i got a call to pick up my ps4 on friday at eb that was ordered in november and paid for. Should still be the 399.99 price when i pick up?
If you preordered at $399 and they haven't fulfilled it, you should get it at the price when you ordered... you're good.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 21, 2012
144 posts
72 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote:
If you preordered at $399 and they haven't fulfilled it, you should get it at the price when you ordered... you're good.
Not necessarily. I remember paying for a game a few years ago, I forget which one, at 59.99. When it came in the price was 64.99 and I had to pay the extra 5 bucks.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12126 posts
3453 upvotes
madhat42 wrote: Not necessarily. I remember paying for a game a few years ago, I forget which one, at 59.99. When it came in the price was 64.99 and I had to pay the extra 5 bucks.
Should have fought it, If you pay in full for an order, it is paid in full, If you leave a deposit, who knows, you may have to pay the price when you pick it up.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
ps4 prices going up?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3646 posts
942 upvotes
Toronto
most likly $449.99
realgenius wrote: They will honour the price since you already paid in full.
EB doesn't follow that policy
jackass_ca wrote: If you preordered at $399 and they haven't fulfilled it, you should get it at the price when you ordered... you're good.
Doesn't work for EB
madhat42 wrote: Not necessarily. I remember paying for a game a few years ago, I forget which one, at 59.99. When it came in the price was 64.99 and I had to pay the extra 5 bucks.
EB has this policy, if the price goes up you pay the higher price, if it goes down you pay the lower price, you can't "pay" for before its out. According to EB you are only putting a deposit, doesn't matter if its $5 or $60, its only a deposit to them.
jackass_ca wrote: Should have fought it, If you pay in full for an order, it is paid in full, If you leave a deposit, who knows, you may have to pay the price when you pick it up.
Wouldn't do you any good, they only consider it as a deposit.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4395 posts
1845 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Where's the hot deal? All I see is a regular price at website that does not ship to Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21528 upvotes
Toronto
Russell wrote: Where's the hot deal? All I see is a regular price at website that does not ship to Canada.
Agreed.

You can follow the PS4 Console: Restocking thread if you're looking for one here in Canada. If you need 1 from the US, you can order it from Amazon.com
And you can also join the "price hike" discussion right here :arrow: PS4 going up in price?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)