Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Wyze Scale S Lightning Deal - $20.38 USD + Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2022 5:18 pm
Jan 6, 2008
397 posts
210 upvotes
ontario
I have had two cams I purchased on Amazon.ca fail...one over a year ago and one a few months ago and both times no issue whatsoever getting service. The first, if I recall, I got my money from Amazon when I told them they do not indicate no warranty. The most recent, wyze offered me an Amazon gift card for full value of v3, incl tax....yes Amazon.ca gift card, not.com. Got it, used it no probs.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1119 posts
168 upvotes
Waterloo
People on RFD spending $30 for a cam and being butthurt the quality isn't comparable to $200 cams lol.

I have v2, panning and v3 cams and all work fine; some over 4 years old too. If one were to fail, at $30 a cam I would just replace it with another.

Thx OP. If I didn't already have a smart scale then I would be all over this.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2087 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone complaining about Wyze cams, you get what you pay for. Get Eufy wired cams instead. Better app, local storage with long events, and the new outdoor wired ones have taken rain, snow, cold, etc perfectly for me.
May 19, 2021
184 posts
125 upvotes
I love our wyze products, we have $500+ installed throughout and outside our house. The scale would be a great addon thanks OP
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1251 posts
1638 upvotes
Grand Prairie
Ironballz wrote: People on RFD spending $30 for a cam and being butthurt the quality isn't comparable to $200 cams lol.

I have v2, panning and v3 cams and all work fine; some over 4 years old too. If one were to fail, at $30 a cam I would just replace it with another.

Thx OP. If I didn't already have a smart scale then I would be all over this.
my biggest problem with wyze is they overpromised and then back tracked. The original cam featured person detecting AI and was touted as a feature, they also touted it would always be free. Then their agreement got pulled and they had to send out a mass email begging for money. They offered a one time free grandfathering clause for legacy users to keep legacy AI by one time "donate what you want". So I did that on my account and now they send me numerous emails begging for more money to upgrade to the new AI claiming "other users have been paying for you to use AI, consider upgrading" go F yourself with your guilt trip upselling wyze.
Jun 25, 2005
849 posts
522 upvotes
I’ve purchase about 8 Wyze cams for myself and family members (5 v2 and 3 v3).

The price and functionality is hard to beat.

My Nest doorbell cam is better but it’s way more expensive and requires an annual subscription for $60/year. I could buy 5-6 Wyze cams for the initial cost of the Nest and then buy another 2 per year rather than the subscription.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
monkey_bongo wrote: I’ve purchase about 8 Wyze cams for myself and family members (5 v2 and 3 v3).

The price and functionality is hard to beat.

My Nest doorbell cam is better but it’s way more expensive and requires an annual subscription for $60/year. I could buy 5-6 Wyze cams for the initial cost of the Nest and then buy another 2 per year rather than the subscription.
im waiting for new wyze doorlock v2 with builtin keybad and fingerprint!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 4, 2006
443 posts
501 upvotes
bell02fantasy1 wrote: Recd my scale today
Need to pay any duties? Mine has cleared customs and is in my city somewhere.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
Thanks OP ordered. Why the can't get their things in order on the Canadian site is beyond me. Guess when that close to being barkrupt, you have to 1/2 ass a few things. Would have rathered they not even have bothered and put time/energy into a full roll out.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
I got 3x V3's running, and 2 brand new still sealed.

1x Pan Cam indoor

1x V3 died, I had amazon.ca replace it as I bought it with a coupon.

So far all are running good otherwise, I avoid doing frequent firmware updates.....my last V3 that died was right after a firmware upgrade I did on all at the same time, one required a manual restart.

Out of my V3's: Running since: 2021: April, May, July [Replacement unit], so we are coming up to 1 year soon.

Two are mounted outside under soffit and one in garage. All running 128GB MicroSD Cards.

I had V2 that I ran with a 64GB microSD card for almost 2 years outside under a soffit, no issue.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2021
1021 posts
2133 upvotes
I haven’t had the wyze cams yet but I hope they aren’t as bad as this scale.

I have done everything I could to get this to connect to 3-4 phones and tablets and anything else I can think of but it will not connect. It doesn’t even show up as a device in Bluetooth settings. I did follow the steps from their own forums, other forums, other websites, and Reddit as well but no dice.

Very frustrating experience. Seems it’s quite common too.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11273 upvotes
darknebulae wrote: I haven’t had the wyze cams yet but I hope they aren’t as bad as this scale.

I have done everything I could to get this to connect to 3-4 phones and tablets and anything else I can think of but it will not connect. It doesn’t even show up as a device in Bluetooth settings. I did follow the steps from their own forums, other forums, other websites, and Reddit as well but no dice.

Very frustrating experience. Seems it’s quite common too.
Standard Bluetooth debug tactic: try a different phone. Some devices just don't like certain phones.

Yet another reason I hate bluetooth with a passion.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2021
1021 posts
2133 upvotes
repatch wrote: Standard Bluetooth debug tactic: try a different phone. Some devices just don't like certain phones.

Yet another reason I hate bluetooth with a passion.
I tried 2 iPhones, 3 android phones, an iPad, an android tablet, and a chrome book (latter one just out of frustration lol).

I have never had issues with TWS ear buds, keyboards, mice, the recently purchased spin bike, my car etc pairing with those phones.

If anything I am going to avoid buying wyze apart from their cams. The cams seems to be fine, but these issues seem quite wide spread on other devices and their support is useless apart from eventually giving you a replacement which is also a gamble since many have reported replacements don’t pair either.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)