Amazon deliver only expensive TVs

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 12:36 am
[OP]
Sep 19, 2020
4 posts
Kelowna

Amazon deliver only expensive TVs

I just now tried to buy a really nice small HDTV from Amazon CA for 66$, but it wouldn't deliver to Kelowna, BC. I first thought they don't have a carrier for such items in this area, but the much more expensive (and bigger) TV I added to my order as a test would be delivered without any problems.

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm buying from Amazon for years now and have never had anything like this happen. I tried to find out more directly from Amazon, but wasn't able to find a customer service link for this type of issues. Here is the screen grab:
MEI.png
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
8974 posts
10383 upvotes
Vancouver
YosipPike wrote: I just now tried to buy a really nice small HDTV from Amazon CA for 66$, but it wouldn't deliver to Kelowna, BC. I first thought they don't have a carrier for such items in this area, but the much more expensive (and bigger) TV I added to my order as a test would be delivered without any problems.

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm buying from Amazon for years now and have never had anything like this happen. I tried to find out more directly from Amazon, but wasn't able to find a customer service link for this type of issues. Here is the screen grab:

MEI.png
Try using a Canada Post Flexdelivery address for that item.
Jun 19, 2015
755 posts
681 upvotes
It has to do with having a box number in your address usually. If you must keep it in there, mask it by changing it to B.ox 123 for example and try again.
[OP]
Sep 19, 2020
4 posts
Kelowna
No box number in the address.
And they were happy to deliver the other (more expensive|) TV to the same address.
[OP]
Sep 19, 2020
4 posts
Kelowna
Kiraly wrote: Try using a Canada Post Flexdelivery address for that item.
I tried that first. Amazon gives you the option to "Search for a Pickup Point location near you" which is usually the nearest PO.
Didn't work either.

This is the item that I was trying to buy (I wonder if anyone else will have the same problem)

https://www.amazon.ca/SuperSonic-Widesc ... r=8-1&th=1
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3189 posts
5675 upvotes
Laval
same here is Laval won't ship, had in my cart for weeks as the price fell, this usually happen when data is entered incorrectly by amazon by its shipping dept. Call CS and they sent a report, once the fix the error they price usually jump right back up.

it has has happened to me many times, every time Amazon refused to honor the lower price
Last edited by 2Riskit on Sep 21st, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 19, 2020
4 posts
Kelowna
2Riskit wrote: once the fix the error the price usually jump right back up.
Yeah, makes sense. |Must be some error that does not have anything to do with the shipping address.
I noticed that that the note "Only 7 left in stock." didn't change from yesterday. If they were selling any at that price they would have been gone by now.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3919 posts
1267 upvotes
Edmonton
I've seen this before on Amazon, I just assume that there's something wrong with the listing. It wont let me ship it either