• May 30th, 2020 11:14 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 4, 2010
148 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa

Amazon double charges?

Hey! Anyone else having issues with getting double charges from Amazon lately? I've had 3 over the last 2 months... And I mean posted transactions, not just authorizations.

You call Amazon and they have no explanation and they just direct you to your bank.

Frustrating part is due to covid it takes FOREVER to get in touch with your bank credit dispute centre.

Anyone else having this issue?

Also one other thing to add to my rant, it's super annoying trying to figure out what item you get double charged for as they ship and charge every item from you order separately these days.
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33067 posts
18881 upvotes
Ottawa
Nothing to report on my end... never had a double charge ever.
Aug 14, 2015
724 posts
489 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I have been double charged (not with Amazon) few days ago. Was told by the retailer it was a known issue from VISA themselves. Not sure if they're just blaming VISA or if their claim has merit, but the retailer told me it'll be readjusted by May 30. Today I checked - it did self correct.
Oct 17, 2012
851 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver
Never had this happen. It can be confusing sometimes because they charge each item as it ships - might be worth checking if you purchased things that were the same or similar price recently
[OP]
Dec 4, 2010
148 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
Avenger wrote: Do you have any evidence? Seems a little outlandish.
Take this with a grain of salt as obviously, as I'm not going to go through and post all my Amazon receipts and everything.

Also in response to the other poster, yes confirmed with Amazon to be double charges. Was just curious to see if this was happening to others. Honestly, I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for the RBC "Nomi" insights thing in my online banking
Images
  • 20200530_194430.jpg
  • 20200530_194405.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200530-194712_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14356 posts
15036 upvotes
Oakville
spiritsBB wrote: I have been double charged (not with Amazon) few days ago. Was told by the retailer it was a known issue from VISA themselves. Not sure if they're just blaming VISA or if their claim has merit, but the retailer told me it'll be readjusted by May 30. Today I checked - it did self correct.
Also had a friend complain about the same. No errors possible other than from VISA themselves.