Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

End of Summer Sale on Digital Games (up to 80% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2014 10:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10151 posts
14698 upvotes
GT-EH

[Amazon.com] End of Summer Sale on Digital Games (up to 80% off)

29 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4927 posts
535 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is available to Canadians?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
There are a few decent deals, but most have seen lower prices before. Thanks for posting Op.

Check if the price has ever been lower here:
http://isthereanydeal.com/
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10151 posts
14698 upvotes
GT-EH
cipher wrote: This is available to Canadians?
Yep, always has been.

Just make sure your billing address is in California to avoid taxes. (i.e. use Apple / Google / Yahoo corporate address) ;)
Dec 26, 2010
686 posts
162 upvotes
Yellowknife
cipher wrote: This is available to Canadians?
Just need an Amazon account with an US address.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3246 posts
229 upvotes
GoGet wrote: Just need an Amazon account with an US address.
I always thought they verify your CC with the billing address; but I guess it's not a problem?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10151 posts
14698 upvotes
GT-EH
5dark wrote: I always thought they verify your CC with the billing address; but I guess it's not a problem?
Amazon.com does not cross check your billing address with your CC for digital downloads.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3246 posts
229 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: Amazon.com does not cross check your billing address with your CC for digital downloads.
Good to know. Thanks!
Jul 28, 2010
124 posts
19 upvotes
Quebec
GiOBoY wrote: Amazon.com does not cross check your billing address with your CC for digital downloads.
Didn't knew taht. great info thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3890 posts
2683 upvotes
Toronto
Nor do they care about shipping address being the same. Just won't ship to Canada on some things. So as long as you have a U.S. address to ship to, it goes.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1679 posts
1764 upvotes
Québec Gold
Hello,

We cannot complete this order because you must use a U.S. billing address and a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank to buy a game or software download on Amazon.com.

Amazon Games and Software Downloads are available for purchase and download only within the United States and its territories and possessions. To learn more about purchasing these items, search “Buy a Game or Software Download” in the Help section of Amazon.com.

If you believe that we have canceled your order in error, please reply to this email and let us know.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10151 posts
14698 upvotes
GT-EH
yolomolo wrote: Hello,

We cannot complete this order because you must use a U.S. billing address and a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank to buy a game or software download on Amazon.com.

Amazon Games and Software Downloads are available for purchase and download only within the United States and its territories and possessions. To learn more about purchasing these items, search “Buy a Game or Software Download” in the Help section of Amazon.com.

If you believe that we have canceled your order in error, please reply to this email and let us know.
lol... you didn't use a U.S. billing address... :facepalm: ... read post #4
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1679 posts
1764 upvotes
Québec Gold
Yes i did but not my credit card
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2216 posts
457 upvotes
Summerland
LOL Battlefield 4 sucks so bad they had to drop the price, yet Battlefield kept its value much longer. That's what they get for releasing crap on PC.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10151 posts
14698 upvotes
GT-EH
GP Legend wrote: LOL Battlefield 4 sucks so bad they had to drop the price, yet Battlefield kept its value much longer. That's what they get for releasing crap on PC.
I heard they fixed a lot of issues since release... if you're in no hurry to get it... another year it'll probably be "On The House" like BF3. lol
Jan 12, 2010
195 posts
142 upvotes
Brossard
GiOBoY wrote: Yep, always has been.

Just make sure your billing address is in California to avoid taxes. (i.e. use Apple / Google / Yahoo corporate address) ;)
Does it have to be California? What about NY? I already have my border pickup address there anyway.
SEO & SEM Pro - World Traveller - Food Enthusiast - Deal Ninja
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
497 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: Yep, always has been.

+1.. I use the holiday inn address. since this is download, it doesn't matter what address you use from my understanding. games are in the library.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3246 posts
229 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: I heard they fixed a lot of issues since release... if you're in no hurry to get it... another year it'll probably be "On The House" like BF3. lol
I'm actually really enjoying BF3 from that promo. Enough that I bought BF4 during the 'Battlefield Blowout' promo ($20). It did not feel as finished (hitbox issues, crashes, map balance).
I hope you're right.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
Not sure if anything was missed. Thanks Gioboy.
slickdewmaster wrote:Amazon.com currently has their End of Summer Game Sale (PC Digital Download). Thanks GaugeB

Refer to forum thread for additional deals.

Notable deals
Deal Editor's Note: Refer to product page to determine whether title needs to be activated through Steam or Origin. -slickdewmaster
Do we need a US VPN, they keep forcing the ebgames site on me:
sthak wrote:I know this game has a pretty bad rep from its launch, but there's still an active modding community trying to make it better.... And $5.99 is worth it to check it out if you're a fan of simulations.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/simcity/99684

Here are some other highlight deals at Gamestop

Assassin's Creed IV (already a SD thread) - $11.99
Battlefiled 4 (already a SD thread) - $13.39
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - $7.49
Tomb Raider - $4.99
The Witcher 2 Enhanced - $6.99
Lost Planet 3 - $12.49
Sleeping Dogs - $5.99
Hitman Absolution Professional Edition - $6.99
Rocksmith 2014 (already a SD thread) - $14.99 (was $11.24 earlier)
Southpark Stick of Truth - $26.79