Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon FR

SNES Classic (approx 121 CAD)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2018 4:36 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3427 posts
1901 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Rekirts wrote: Looks like I missed out, they've updated these links to say they don't ship to Canada now? :(
that's what it said last time too but it does ship to Canada as long as Amazon is fulfilling it. some 3rd parties may not
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
1573 posts
168 upvotes
remik wrote: I was able to a SNES everytime the last 3 times that BestBuy.ca had a sale, without any tricks/hacks, it really isnt that hard. I "flipped" 2 of them and used the profits to buy the 3rd, so it's like it was "free" anyways.
You wonder why people don't buy them at retail then proceed to tell a story about how you bought 2 you didn't need and scalped them.....
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2158 posts
620 upvotes
Scarborough
Spanish site definitely ships to Canada. About $123 CAD all in price. Which is about 10 dollars more than Canadian price after tax. Not BAD.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1048 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Bought one from Amazon Spain. What's the main differences between the European model and the North American model? Other than the power adapters being different... EU version has colour controllers and NA version doesn't?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
luthair wrote: You wonder why people don't buy them at retail then proceed to tell a story about how you bought 2 you didn't need and scalped them.....
like I said, I bought them without any tricks/hacks, I just had a credit card loaded in my profile then when the clock hit the sale time, I just added to cart. I was just pointing to the fact the SNES classic is not very hard to buy locally/in Canada without having to resort to Amazon in France or Spain.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
Diploneis wrote: Thanks dude - caught an unopened return in Sherwood Park. I can finally give up on the Amazon updates.
I got my launch day unit at that store too. If you're willing to make the drive, I noticed the Spruce Grove location's stock doesn't run out quickly either. They had stock for a few days, before running out. Probably because no one wants to drive way out there.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
Thanks OP! In for one! Hopefully no duties get hit lol
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
silverferrari wrote: Thanks OP! Bought one from Amazon Spain. What's the main differences between the European model and the North American model? Other than the power adapters being different... EU version has colour controllers and NA version doesn't?
Original SNES were like that, Japanese model (SHVC-001) case/controllers was used in Europe and Australia, American model (SNS-001) was used in the Americas.

SNS-001:
SHVC-001:
This "classic" version should be the same nowadays. the originals had those PAL, NTSC stuff, and also some hardware region locked (which you could "unlock" using a hot knife to cut a small plastic bit :P)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1400 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP, purchased one from Amazon.es

I just got one due to the controllers. They look better than the NA version. Same thing once you do get it you can hack these I suppose.
Banned
Apr 8, 2015
345 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, ON
I think I'll just download a Emulator and 1000+ Rom game pack for 0$ thx...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
jamesdavid3 wrote: I think I'll just download a Emulator and 1000+ Rom game pack for 0$ thx...
then get bored in 1 hour because the games don't feel authentic or enjoyable with the wrong controllers and shoddy emulation
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
jamesdavid3 wrote: I think I'll just download a Emulator and 1000+ Rom game pack for 0$ thx...
Did you try it? How is the controller latency working for you?

The other difference between the EU and NA is the controller buttons are concave on the NA. So technically it feels better or you won't have to guess, the EU looks colorful.
Jan 13, 2007
300 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
thanks OP, just ordered one from Amazon.es! cant wait, will be here mid February!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1400 upvotes
North York
Tah inter webz winrar!!!!
May 28, 2008
298 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
Isn't it cheaper/easier to get it at SDM? That's where I got mine. IIRC, I only paid 100 +tax.

Hell, I'm pretty sure I even got it on a 20x the points day.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
kq76 wrote: Isn't it cheaper/easier to get it at SDM? That's where I got mine. IIRC, I only paid 100 +tax.

Hell, I'm pretty sure I even got it on a 20x the points day.
When available.

SNES classic is still hard to come by. But I personally like the more colourful variant. =)
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
I've ordered from overseas Amazon before and have been hit with duties more times than not.

Not worth it for me, since I'm in no hurry to pick one of these up.