Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
34 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg

Amazon head units

I bought an older car and considering changing the stock stereo. It's a beater so I don't want to spend 200+ on something. Basic need is Bluetooth and possible backup cam integration. Anyone here go this route? Any recommendations on decent units?
Last edited by CHRISTIANJOHNSON on Oct 2nd, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3641 posts
846 upvotes
CHRISTIANJOHNSON wrote: I bought an older car I considering changing it the stock stereo. It's a battery so I don't want to spend 200+ on something. Basic need is Bluetooth and possible backup cam integration. Anyone here go this route? Any recommendations on decent units?
For camera support you will need a double din head unit, most of them that support this will be over 200$ and the camera alone are $100+, then you need mounting kit and wire harness. If you dont need camera, you can easily upgrade for $100-150.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
34 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
2005 Nissan Altima.. double din is no issue. I've seen a few around 100$ that come with the camera. I know they won't be great but hoping for some feedback of people that went this route
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14754 posts
9175 upvotes
Toronto
CHRISTIANJOHNSON wrote: 2005 Nissan Altima.. double din is no issue. I've seen a few around 100$ that come with the camera. I know they won't be great but hoping for some feedback of people that went this route
If you are talking about the cheap o chinese units, yeah, they are spectacularly garbage. Not from my own experience but threads here and youtube. Some people praised them. I wouldn't take the chance, however, with Amazon's fulfilment/return policy, what do you have to lose other than your time = money?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
34 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
koffey wrote: If you are talking about the cheap o chinese units, yeah, they are spectacularly garbage. Not from my own experience but threads here and youtube. Some people praised them. I wouldn't take the chance, however, with Amazon's fulfilment/return policy, what do you have to lose other than your time = money?
I actually searched here for posts on this and couldn't find any.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14754 posts
9175 upvotes
Toronto
CHRISTIANJOHNSON wrote: I actually searched here for posts on this and couldn't find any.

Search for stereo in automotive, I know there were threads on it. You will have to do a lot of filtering/reading to see if the thread is applicable.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4170 posts
4302 upvotes
GTA
koffey wrote: If you are talking about the cheap o chinese units, yeah, they are spectacularly garbage. Not from my own experience but threads here and youtube. Some people praised them. I wouldn't take the chance, however, with Amazon's fulfilment/return policy, what do you have to lose other than your time = money?
Android headunits are pretty much the only option for my car. I'll just listen to the radio. I refuse to buy that garbage.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3439 posts
1758 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CHRISTIANJOHNSON wrote: I bought an older car and considering changing the stock stereo. It's a beater so I don't want to spend 200+ on something. Basic need is Bluetooth and possible backup cam integration. Anyone here go this route? Any recommendations on decent units?
Or you should try this..
https://www.amazon.ca/Transmitter-Bluet ... NrPXRydWU=

It's useful if you have music on your phone and you can use handsfree calling (given that your car is not equipped with Bluetooth).
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4170 posts
4302 upvotes
GTA
I use one of those. Cheapest and easiest way to add Bluetooth to a car.