Shopping Discussion

Amazon help: Is it possible to return something that is shipped but not received?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 9:23 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2220 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto

Amazon help: Is it possible to return something that is shipped but not received?

So I wanted to buy an item that has 63% 5 star reviews out of 153 but I didn't read the reviews. I thought it was a straightforward kitchen item. In fact the first 9 reviews praised it. But I did check and a few claimed the item is knockoff with pictures. I regret not scrolling to the bottom. Based on the images, it is clear that it's a poorly made bootleg item.
So would the return cost me? Or would the A to Z guarantee cover me? It was stated on the third party's return and refunds section. Could I just press return right now before the packaged arrived? I ordered it on the 6th and it'll come dec31-jan23. Or should I wait to find out if the item is fraudulent?
Here is the item https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0091R ... UTF8&psc=1
I know it's just 13 bucks but I honestly don't want to throw it out nor do I want to stick with a mediocre low quality spatula. America's Test Kitchen rated this as the best budget spatula so I wanted it.

This was written on the third party's refund tab on their page on amazon.
The Amazon A-to-z Guarantee protects you when you purchase items sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller. Our guarantee covers both the timely delivery and the condition of your items. If either are unsatisfactory, you can report the problem to us and our team will determine if you are eligible for a refund.

If any of the following apply, request a refund under the A-to-z Guarantee provided you first contact the seller and wait two days to give the seller an opportunity to resolve your problem:

You have not received your package and three days have passed since the maximum estimated delivery date or the tracking shows a delivery confirmation, whichever is earliest.
You received an order that was different than expected and submitted a request for a return.
You returned your item and the seller has not yet issued you a refund.
When you’re ready, go to Request an A-to-z Guarantee Refund for instructions on how to report your problem.

Note:

You have up to 90 days after the maximum estimated delivery date to request a refund under the A-to-z Guarantee.
The A-to-z Guarantee does not cover digital items, payments for services, or stored value instruments. Additionally, if you file a chargeback with your payment provider or bank, you will not be eligible for a refund under the A-to-z Guarantee.
This guarantee applies only to purchases made on the Amazon.ca website from a third-party seller.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25348 posts
4456 upvotes
Just wait to receive it and then see if you like it. If not then you can return it then
Nov 29, 2019
75 posts
75 upvotes
If the seller did not ship the item, you can take it up with the seller and ask for a refund.. But in your case, just because you click return before receiving it, it doesn't mean the courier will redirect your package back to the seller. You will have to wait for the parcel to arrive before you start the return process.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8281 posts
2022 upvotes
Mississauga
Maybe you should relax and wait to receive it before making a mountain out of a molehill. Your item is sold by multiple sellers, some of which may actually sell a legit product. You are better off receiving it and verifying how you feel about it. Would have saved you the time here too :p