Expired Hot Deals

Amazon: INVICTA Men's 9937 Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge Swiss Automatic Watch $239.75

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5951 posts
2168 upvotes
Cornwall PE

Amazon: INVICTA Men's 9937 Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge Swiss Automatic Watch $239.75

Deal Link:
Price:
$239.85
Like in the title, just order it. It seldom sells at this price even in us funds.
Uses Swiss Sellita SW200 movement. Case is the same as the regular pro divers quartz and seiko HK35 movements but it has a better revised bracelet, Good buy IMO. Get it while it's hot. Might take awhile though, amazon is having a tough time meeting deliveries etc. At least too the atlantic provinces.

Some info
https://automaticwatchesformen.com/invi ... 937-review

Price has increased a few dollars to $241.35
Price decreased again to $239.75
Last edited by betamaxman on May 22nd, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
67 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5951 posts
2168 upvotes
Cornwall PE
hammerofhope wrote: Looks like one of the cheaper ways to get a Swiss movement watch. Japan-movement version (Seiko NH35) is $111 here: https://www.amazon.ca/Invicta-8926OB-Co ... B000JQFX1G
Agreed. A video comparing the two

And with the rolex submariner. That is the 8926OB and the submariner.

Oddly there is a 9937OB and a 9937 but both seem to be coin edge, or at least in the description. And of course no comparison to a rolex, either watch. But is a submariner really worth $10K?
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1647 posts
371 upvotes
they cant even say swiss made on the dial. i actually have the nh35 movement watch and its awesome.
No links or solicitations through sigs
Oct 10, 2019
15 posts
8 upvotes
don't buy invicta. if you want a cheap automatic watch, go seiko 5 or swatch sistem 51.
Jan 8, 2019
70 posts
402 upvotes
AnthonyP24973 wrote: don't buy invicta. if you want a cheap automatic watch, go seiko 5 or swatch sistem 51.

its literally a seiko nh35 movement... better than what you get in seiko 5s
Mar 16, 2015
165 posts
138 upvotes
BC
isn't the MSRP for these and most other Invicta watches around $28,999? That's like 99% off!
Oct 10, 2019
15 posts
8 upvotes
BowenZ50772 wrote: its literally a seiko nh35 movement... better than what you get in seiko 5s
yeah but you won't have the embarassment of wearing a rolex sub homage/rip off
Apr 7, 2020
131 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
AnthonyP24973 wrote: yeah but you won't have the embarassment of wearing a rolex sub homage/rip off
I tend to agree, but I don't think non-watch people care about this?
Mar 3, 2015
480 posts
760 upvotes
King City
AnthonyP24973 wrote: yeah but you won't have the embarassment of wearing a rolex sub homage/rip off
You would never catch me wearing an invicta but I don't see anything wrong with a sub homage. I don't like them but non watch enthusiasts don't care.

I have people asking me if my Tudors and IWCs are Rolexes and I also have people who have no idea what my sub is. Just wear what you like and spend what you're willing to spend. Find pieces that you love because at the end of the day, that's all that matters!

I own countless low, mid, and high end pieces but some of my favourites are my seikos and the two watches I'd never part with are my citizen blue angels and my movado circa chronograph.

I'm getting a little sidetracked but my point is, too many watch enthusiasts have really strong opinions that they project onto non-enthusiasts and people getting into the hobby. I have my own opinions too but watch collecting is about preference. So if you like Invicta, go for it. If you like sub homages, nothing wrong with that! Find something that calls out to you and makes you feel something. Forget about the rest!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
1565 posts
1120 upvotes
Brampton
Invicta is junk, never again, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
Nov 16, 2010
41 posts
11 upvotes
I haven't worn an Invicta in a while but I recall them being rather good value for this price range (i.e. not their ridiculously-inflated MSRP) if you consider the movement and material. And as @TheSheldor stated, in my experience anyone who is unfamiliar with watches will have no idea what you're wearing anyways as long as it looks good on you.

I too am sick of so-called watch enthusiasts trying to impose their values on others, especially in a way that provides no substantive information for people who may be new to the hobby. And honestly I find the suggestion of a Sistem51 or a Seiko 5 fairly laughable. Current Seiko 5s are very overpriced for what they offer compared to older models: less Water Resistance, still no sapphire crystal and yet $250+ price point. And Sistem51 watches, while powered by a rather clever and interesting movement which is (almost?) entirely machine-assembled, are hardly worth their $150 price tag given their high proportion of plastic parts and the fact that they cannot be serviced by most watchmakers (or even at all) due to the way they're built.

Edit: For what it's worth, the SW200 is a very reliable movement that can be found in many watches that are well beyond this price range, for example the CW C60 Trident, which retails for $1K USD. Not to say that this alone makes this deal worth it, but there's definitely value to be found here if you like the way the watch looks.
M. (THG)
May 19, 2003
408 posts
214 upvotes
I had a similar model in 2003 while going to school. Kept near perfect time, looked great on a NATO strap, didn’t cost much, and satisfied my desire for an automatic watch. Is it a Rolex, omega, Tudor, etc.? Of course not, but it’s a decent value when on sale.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5951 posts
2168 upvotes
Cornwall PE
I hate the look of many of the large garish looking hipster, rapper or what ever handle you might want to put on it watches made by invicta, and I also don't care for their marketing. However there is no denying that their pro and grand diver line are indeed a line of decent quality watches at a good price. I think many of the invicta haters have really no understanding of this or are simply brand snobs, who knows. Anyway homages are actually quite acceptable in the watch community as are homages of the submariner. 10 grand and up for a submariner and a two year waiting list is just crazy IMO and in the realm of fools, the supper rich, or people caught up in the collector/speculator game. I am also waiting for my $79 CAD shipped pagani daytona homage to arrive in the next few days or so (it's even a QUARTZ!!!), and I really don't care what stupid or uninformed people might think when they see these on my wrist. Anyway like what you like and hate what you hate, this is a quality watch with a good quality bracelet and presently available at a black friday price. If you don't want it move on.
A watchmaker's opinion.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Nov 10, 2007
219 posts
23 upvotes
At $239, I wouldn’t call this a deal.

I picked one of these up 2.5 years ago, on sale for $80 on Amazon, so it does go lower. However, compared to cruise ship prices, which are $400+, this isn’t a bad price. But you could def buy a better piece for the same price point.

Regardless, the watch is great. Does what it needs to do, and looks great on the “oyster” bracelet or a nato strap. The dial has become a little harder to turn. But i wear this watch to work, so if it gets banged up, nbd.

EDIT: Please read post below.

Whoops. Thanks jdewit. Yes, i have the seiko movement. Still a good watch tho.
Last edited by blazin_jay on May 21st, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3363 posts
1700 upvotes
Airdrie
blazin_jay wrote: At $239, I wouldn’t call this a deal.

I picked one of these up 2.5 years ago, on sale for $80 on Amazon, so it does go lower. However, compared to cruise ship prices, which are $400+, this isn’t a bad price. But you could def buy a better piece for the same price point.

Regardless, the watch is great. Does what it needs to do, and looks great on the “oyster” bracelet or a nato strap. The dial has become a little harder to turn. But i wear this watch to work, so if it gets banged up, nbd.
I'm going to guess that for $80 you got the Seiko-powered version. That's a usual low price for these (They usually hover around $100-120). This has a Swiss movement. Not the same, and I've never seen a Swiss auto at this price.

Edit: Link to 8926OB currently $111
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5951 posts
2168 upvotes
Cornwall PE
According to 'honey', the lowest this has ever been is $200 US on amazon.com. And here it is on amazon.ca at $239.89. It is currently $231.76 on amazon.com. The high is $362 US. So people have to decide if they want to hang onto their snobbery and not buy this or accept a good deal on a good watch and pull the trigger.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Dec 5, 2015
617 posts
723 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Mjolnyr wrote: I haven't worn an Invicta in a while but I recall them being rather good value for this price range (i.e. not their ridiculously-inflated MSRP) if you consider the movement and material. And as @TheSheldor stated, in my experience anyone who is unfamiliar with watches will have no idea what you're wearing anyways as long as it looks good on you.

I too am sick of so-called watch enthusiasts trying to impose their values on others, especially in a way that provides no substantive information for people who may be new to the hobby. And honestly I find the suggestion of a Sistem51 or a Seiko 5 fairly laughable. Current Seiko 5s are very overpriced for what they offer compared to older models: less Water Resistance, still no sapphire crystal and yet $250+ price point. And Sistem51 watches, while powered by a rather clever and interesting movement which is (almost?) entirely machine-assembled, are hardly worth their $150 price tag given their high proportion of plastic parts and the fact that they cannot be serviced by most watchmakers (or even at all) due to the way they're built.

Edit: For what it's worth, the SW200 is a very reliable movement that can be found in many watches that are well beyond this price range, for example the CW C60 Trident, which retails for $1K USD. Not to say that this alone makes this deal worth it, but there's definitely value to be found here if you like the way the watch looks.
The problem with Invicta is that they had those super inflates MSRP with extreme 90% rebates which really hurt the brand as it became a joke. They are seemingly leaning into what they really are and that's good. But pretending to be very luxurious brand only to super discounted to swatch prices just turned off so many enthusiasts as much as it turned on so many "posers" pretending to have a $10k watch.
Mar 10, 2011
393 posts
289 upvotes
Niagara
I think I'm done with Invicta after the bezel insert dropped out. This after light wearing for 6 months.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)