Entertainment

Reacher (Amazon adaptation of long running Lee Child vigilante hero book series - season 3 now filming in GTA)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2024 2:31 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17432 posts
12778 upvotes
Toronto

Reacher (Amazon adaptation of long running Lee Child vigilante hero book series - season 3 now filming in GTA)

Taller than Cruise but still a little short of the book description, Amazon's series adaptation has cast veteran TV bit player Alan Ritchson as their ex-military, justice seeking brute

https://deadline.com/2020/09/alan-ritch ... 234570323/
Last edited by jenviea on Jan 24th, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
127 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17432 posts
12778 upvotes
Toronto
Too lazy to unmute the phone so unfairly judging the more faithful physical presence as dumber than the Cruise version.
A furrowed brow can portend anger or just confusion.
Ritchson should throw in a couple of stroking his chin in rumination.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1685 posts
1122 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
I watched 2 episodes so far and am very happy.
I think the series is staying very true to the books, as far as I can remember. I just wish the lead actor was a little smarter looking, or smarter acting....
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3167 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
Wonderful series, binge watched this weekend and can report it met all my expectations.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Just watched the first episode with little to no expectations as I'm not a Reacher fan and I've only seen the Cruise movies. Very good - surprisingly, I was quite entertained. Reacher certainly was big and intimidating. Almost feels like a slighly friendlier and gentler Frank Castle.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2547 posts
1902 upvotes
GTA
Great series. It's been a long time since I can say I watched a great TV series and this one really stood out.
Oct 11, 2007
388 posts
354 upvotes
This dude has presence vs Cruise not so much. Watched first episode, good so far.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3740 posts
3963 upvotes
Toronto
Great series and was filmed here in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Love the series as well. Alan is fantastic in the role. Give me more seasons please.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10167 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: Taller than Cruise but still a little short of the book description, Amazon's series adaptation has cast veteran TV bit player Alan Ritchson as their ex-military, justice seeking brute

https://deadline.com/2020/09/alan-ritch ... 234570323/
Did they do something when they filmed this to make Ritchson even bigger?
Or is the entire supporting cast small people?
My memories of the actor are from Smallville and more recently, Titans.
In this series, he genuinely feels like a Hulk.
I mean - he didn't seem like a weakling in the other series, but he's totally like a tank in this one.

Enjoying the series, and especially digging the Ontario as Georgia vibe.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17432 posts
12778 upvotes
Toronto
shikotee wrote: Did they do something when they filmed this to make Ritchson even bigger?
I've read at least one review where the critic strongly suspects this is the case

"When characters aren’t conjuring turns of phrase to describe Reacher’s size, the camera is employing forced perspective techniques to render him even larger than the 6 feet 5 inches established in Child’s canon."

https://variety.com/2022/tv/reviews/rea ... 235171424/
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1685 posts
1122 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
some1not wrote: Great series and was filmed here in the GTA.
What! I can't believe they filmed this in Pickering and I didn't pick up on it.
Usually I can tell when something is filmed in Ontario.
Mind blown.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
i knew it was filmed in Canada when that actress from smallville showed up. They did good - i couldnt place the scenery as being in Canada.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10167 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
kittypink wrote: What! I can't believe they filmed this in Pickering and I didn't pick up on it.
Mind blown.
At the very onset, I was feeling strong Orilija vibes, that unfortunately did not pan out.
Playing guess the town is fun.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3740 posts
3963 upvotes
Toronto
kittypink wrote: What! I can't believe they filmed this in Pickering and I didn't pick up on it.
Mind blown.
Yes it was filmed in Pickering the town scenes anyways. As for the town its a prop. Rented out to production companies that film up here when they need it. So you won't be able to recognize it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)