Expired Hot Deals

Amazon Japan

NReal Air AR Glasses from Amazon Japan $508

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2022 2:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 8, 2006
1152 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto

NReal Air AR Glasses from Amazon Japan $508

Deal Link:
Price:
508
Retailer:
Amazon Japan
Best price if you are interested in a portable monitor that you wear on your face. Due to the weak yen, this price beats all eBay resellers and it is shipped and sold by Amazon Japan so it is more trustworthy.

Bought it to use with my steam deck primarily.

https://www.nreal.ai/air/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF8dkxEr/
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 26th, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
buffylover wrote: im pretty sure thincrust hates you
103 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14745 posts
2467 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting concept but the headset requires a cable tethered to a smartphone. It's also dependant on the smartphone's battery so if you have a smaller iPhone this might not last very long.
Member
User avatar
Oct 23, 2013
285 posts
339 upvotes
Calgary
wilsonlam97 wrote: Interesting concept but the headset requires a cable tethered to a smartphone. It's also dependant on the smartphone's battery so if you have a smaller iPhone this might not last very long.
It doesn't seem to be compatible with iPhone

https://www.nreal.ai/compatibility-list/
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 8, 2015
859 posts
3830 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Damn.......Technology. I want one.....
If one person finds my post useful, I consider it as a job well done....
Sr. Member
May 14, 2008
635 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
what if the user wears glasses -9.0, will that still be a clear picture when viewing?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
2502 posts
1762 upvotes
GTA
mrblack747 wrote: what if the user wears glasses -9.0, will that still be a clear picture when viewing?
If they are that close to your eyes and you still cant see clear, these are not ment for you.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 8, 2015
859 posts
3830 upvotes
Calgary, AB
For anybody wondering
45,980 Japanese Yen equals = 435.81 Canadian Dollar today
If one person finds my post useful, I consider it as a job well done....
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 8, 2006
1152 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
mrblack747 wrote: what if the user wears glasses -9.0, will that still be a clear picture when viewing?
They come with prescription inserts that you can take to your optician.
buffylover wrote: im pretty sure thincrust hates you
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 19, 2004
1889 posts
220 upvotes
Dieppe, NB
was interested in this, however after adding to cart -- its over $500+ after shipping and customs to my door...interesting device, would be great to use with my Steam Deck, but I don't need any more gadgets/toys especially since we are nearing BF territory ;)
Jr. Member
Dec 27, 2018
195 posts
281 upvotes
1V4N wrote: was interested in this, however after adding to cart -- its over $500+ after shipping and customs to my door...interesting device, would be great to use with my Steam Deck, but I don't need any more gadgets/toys especially since we are nearing BF territory ;)
Thanks for clear my impulse, black friday here I come
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 8, 2006
1152 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
1V4N wrote: was interested in this, however after adding to cart -- its over $500+ after shipping and customs to my door...interesting device, would be great to use with my Steam Deck, but I don't need any more gadgets/toys especially since we are nearing BF territory ;)
I ordered yesterday and it charged $508 CAD to my credit card after shipping and duties. Depends on currency rates.
buffylover wrote: im pretty sure thincrust hates you
Sr. Member
Jun 4, 2007
595 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
After watching the Demo Video...how the heck are these considered AR....I do not see any motion tracking with the displayed video to the actual world...seems to be a glorified DH display with background passthru...which would most likely suck in any bright environment.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 27, 2007
3842 posts
1166 upvotes
YWG
Now I can haz access to all my 2D wives at whim Flushed Face
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Member
Apr 14, 2007
284 posts
216 upvotes
g00f wrote: After watching the Demo Video...how the heck are these considered AR....I do not see any motion tracking with the displayed video to the actual world...seems to be a glorified DH display with background passthru...which would most likely suck in any bright environment.
AR doesn't equate motion tracking, it's augmented reality, and in this case, it just augments your view with a display. There are many different approaches to AR and this is just one of them.
Newbie
Jul 4, 2015
69 posts
172 upvotes
Westbank, BC
Turns out to be $500 CAD after shipping and import fees.
Screenshot_20220926-102046_Photos.jpg

Is this really a deal? Or is the conversion rate the deal? You decide.
On eBay, it is $409 USD ($564 CAD), so you save $64, and as OP stated, you get it from amazon.jp vs eBay.

Thanks OP for making me want this.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)