Tags:
[OP]
Sep 18, 2013
72 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria

[Amazon.ca] JBL Charge 2+, $121.11

https://www.amazon.ca/Charge2-Portable- ... LREZNIQEMI

Blue is $121, other colours are more. $5 normal shipping from the UK, $11 for expedited.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2597 posts
625 upvotes
Definitely recommended at this price. The quality of sound from this thing really surprised me with a nice balanced sound and bass.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2195 posts
478 upvotes
Red Deer
With the Charge 3 coming out later this month I imagine the 2+ will be on clearance at most retailers pretty soon. Still, under $130 is fantastic.
Sep 26, 2012
439 posts
157 upvotes
Thornhill
I have a Bluetooth speaker at home, paired with my computer just fine.
The problem is that many Bluetooth speakers usually have a built-in sleep timer when long time of inactivaty is detected. And later when I reboot/wake up my computer I often find myself manually pairing the speaker with the computer...again and again

Is there a way to prevent that?
Jul 14, 2009
58 posts
59 upvotes
niagara falls
Think duty will be charged on it?
Dec 1, 2010
201 posts
147 upvotes
Windsor
Just snagged a blue.
Late night impulse buy. Damn RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2194 posts
843 upvotes
I am returning the Anker that I bought from Amazon due to a thread here. I was very underwhelmed by the mids and highs to say the least. I don't think I want to spend 130 bucks (the new min. price for these on the OP's link) on a portable speaker though . . .
Nov 25, 2012
37 posts
15 upvotes
Not having much faith with new seller, from UK, maybe actually from China
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10907 posts
2040 upvotes
Try the refurbished Flip 3, it has much better treble and mids compared to the Anker. When I posted the Anker deal, it was 50+ cheaper than the Flip 3 even with $25 coupon. With the like-new refurbished Flip 3 is around $80 now, it is a much better buy.
ebay-jbl-flip-3-refurb-blue-only-80-w-freeship-1986887/
feminazi wrote: I am returning the Anker that I bought from Amazon due to a thread here. I was very underwhelmed by the mids and highs to say the least. I don't think I want to spend 130 bucks (the new min. price for these on the OP's link) on a portable speaker though . . .
Jul 7, 2011
466 posts
189 upvotes
82 wrote: Try the refurbished Flip 3, it has much better treble and mids compared to the Anker. When I posted the Anker deal, it was 50+ cheaper than the Flip 3 even with $25 coupon. With the like-new refurbished Flip 3 is around $80 now, it is a much better buy.
ebay-jbl-flip-3-refurb-blue-only-80-w-freeship-1986887/
I had looked into both units, the flip had much more versatility in different types of music. For edm I slightly preferred the charge and the fact that you can charge devices was a bonus. Depends on what you are looking for, but sound wise the flip won. Charge 3 will probably be much better, but it's not out yet.
Dec 1, 2010
201 posts
147 upvotes
Windsor
mkchan40 wrote: Not having much faith with new seller, from UK, maybe actually from China
Just recvd an email,

Greetings from Amazon.ca,
We're sorry, but the following order from AVIANA has been canceled because the seller is unable to ship your order to the shipping address provided.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Interesting. Anyone else get this??
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2369 posts
852 upvotes
Burnaby
Probably better off waiting for it to go on sale again at staples and use a coupon. It was $139.56 during boxing week as a benchmark.
Jul 14, 2009
58 posts
59 upvotes
niagara falls
socioguru wrote: Just recvd an email,

Greetings from Amazon.ca,
We're sorry, but the following order from AVIANA has been canceled because the seller is unable to ship your order to the shipping address provided.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Interesting. Anyone else get this??
Yeah, I got the same email and another one that said "Hello

Sorry i cannot offer expedited service on this item please log back on and re-order i have changed shipping settings apologies for this error

Thank you
Sammy "

And now the price is $129.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6747 posts
487 upvotes
GT'eh
Charge 3 is out on now, and has been out since late May 2016, its on the harmon kardon (need US address & c/c to order from there)site and online retailers a few ebay sellers are offering it too, lowest one I saw on there was $129 US but it was for Red so I passed.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
[OP]
Sep 18, 2013
72 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria
I got the cancellation e-mail as well as one from AVIANA saying:

"Hello

Sorry i cannot offer expediated service on this item please log back on and re-order i have changed shipping settings apologies for this error

Thank you
Sammy"

Seller sounds pretty sketchy.
Apr 2, 2009
3 posts
Richmond Hill
Purchased as I didn't want to wait for Charge 3 to go on sale. Not the best decision as it has been close to 3 months and I still do not have the unit. Did anyone else have the same experience with this?