Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2030 posts
493 upvotes
In Hiding

Amazon Kindle?

I want to buy a book for a friend on Amazon Kindle. Can I do this and how? There doesn't seem to be a link to send to another email, and if it's stored on the cloud, then it needs my Login to access. Any ideas?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4266 posts
3690 upvotes
Toronto
Since it's a Kindle book, here:

LINK
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2030 posts
493 upvotes
In Hiding
Thanks - this feature is not yet available on amazon.ca - so they told me to send a gift card instead.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4266 posts
3690 upvotes
Toronto
Catnippy wrote: Thanks - this feature is not yet available on amazon.ca - so they told me to send a gift card instead.
Well, Kindle edition books are for .com only, thus the instructions are for .com. If you have a .ca account and the recipient has a .com account, then you need to send them a .com gift card. AFAIK .ca and .com gift cards can't be used on the other country's site. However, if you open a .com account (to buy them a .com gift card), you might as well send them the Kindle edition as per the instructions above.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2030 posts
493 upvotes
In Hiding
jm1 wrote: Well, Kindle edition books are for .com only, thus the instructions are for .com. If you have a .ca account and the recipient has a .com account, then you need to send them a .com gift card. AFAIK .ca and .com gift cards can't be used on the other country's site. However, if you open a .com account (to buy them a .com gift card), you might as well send them the Kindle edition as per the instructions above.
Ok, I'll open a .com account. Will they sell mp3 songs to me as well even though I'm in Canada?