Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon] KRUPS Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, 3-Ounce $19.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 7:28 pm
20 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2392 posts
1088 upvotes
I have two of these. One for coffee and one for spices. They work great. Totally worth it.
May 4, 2018
229 posts
136 upvotes
I would recommend burr grinders over bladed grinders for coffee.
Jul 15, 2012
179 posts
514 upvotes
Burnaby
mellowsingh wrote: Agreed, but not everyone has access to Costco :)
You don’t need membership to order this item.
May 1, 2017
17 posts
16 upvotes
TerenceP19670 wrote: I would recommend burr grinders over bladed grinders for coffee.
Me too, blade grinders can’t match the consistency of a burr grinder, resulting in mixed size grinds and weird tasting coffee
Apr 8, 2011
298 posts
601 upvotes
Calgary
gptt916 wrote: Me too, blade grinders can’t match the consistency of a burr grinder, resulting in mixed size grinds and weird tasting coffee
Yes. You might as well just purchase pre-ground coffee. There's really no point wasting a good bean in a cheap food processor.
Apr 20, 2011
211 posts
155 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
This is a garbage grinder. It died after 3 uses. Will not recommend it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8694 posts
1574 upvotes
Vancouver
Popular for a certain plant recently legalized
Autocorrect sucks
Jun 10, 2006
166 posts
50 upvotes
Van City
For Prime Members, there was a $5 coupon that was automatically applied, bringing the price down to $14.99 (at least for me). Thanks OP!
Feb 24, 2012
215 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Kwik-E-Mart wrote: For Prime Members, there was a $5 coupon that was automatically applied, bringing the price down to $14.99 (at least for me). Thanks OP!
Prime member but nothing for me.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5129 posts
3993 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
GangStarr wrote: Popular for a certain plant recently legalized
It's not good for weed. I'd recommend one with a removable bowl so you can soak with iso. This one was way too sticky after grinding about 30g and with the design, its not possible to soak it.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
1310 posts
102 upvotes
I have this grinder. For the price, it does the job. As mentioned above, the size of the grind isn’t very consistent so for coarse grind for use in French press, it’s not very good. I will use this for now, but will be getting a burr grind next time
Jun 5, 2018
130 posts
161 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
badbeerbreath wrote: Yes. You might as well just purchase pre-ground coffee. There's really no point wasting a good bean in a cheap food processor.

I watched this video Where ATK compared blade and burr grinders. Seems that this one does a pretty good job versus burr grinders. Their 21 testers couldn't really tell the difference between them.

I'm not a hugggeeee coffee drinker but for those who need something to grind up the beans this one does well. My mum has also owned this for a long time. It seemed to stop working but just needed me to turn the blade manually a few times as it was stuck.
Sep 22, 2010
524 posts
571 upvotes
Victoria
Is this a "one button push" type of operation, or do I need to hold the button down while it grinds?
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4915 posts
338 upvotes
TerenceP19670 wrote: I would recommend burr grinders over bladed grinders for coffee.
yeah ... but only if you care.

basic 20 dollar blade grinders for coffee is fine for the vast majority of people out there ... and it's probably a major step up.

I mean, we have people drinking Tim's on the regular you know what i'm sayin'?

- get any kind of beans
- grind them in cheap 20 dollar blade grinder and just try not to product space dust, take it easy lol
- go find a used french press from a second hand store
- make the (probably) best coffee you've had in awhile.
- then if coffee is your thing and you begin to nerd out then move up to bigger and better things. Like buying small batch fresh roasted coffee or roasting your own green beans and buying a Baratza Virt grinder for funsies.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?