Expired Hot Deals

(Amazon/Lowes) CRAFTSMAN 20v Cordless Brad/Finish Nailer Kit, 18GA ($199)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 3:14 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
661 posts
986 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON

(Amazon/Lowes) CRAFTSMAN 20v Cordless Brad/Finish Nailer Kit, 18GA ($199)

Deal Link:
Price:
199
Savings:
$100 off
Expiry:
June 10, 2020
Lowes & Amazon have this cordless Brad nailer (18 Gauge) on sale. Regular price is anywhere between $254 and $299. On sale now for $199. This is similar to the Dewalt/Porter Cable as they are made from the same company which is Stanley. They have great reviews.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordless-n ... ry-1045530
https://www.amazon.ca/CRAFTSMAN-Cordles ... B07KHBZ2BP

CCC show that this has been the lowest price ever.

If you buy from Lowes, you get 1% back from Rakuten. And you get a further discount of $10 if you sign up for Lowes email/flyer where they'll send you a promo code. If you have airmiles, you get 9 airmiles as well.
Image
Last edited by fordmaple on Jun 5th, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
661 posts
986 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Can it be used for roofing jobs?
No. This cordless nailer is used for installing baseboards, quarter round, trim work, crownmolding, and hardwood floor repair.
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2013
573 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't use a 18g to install baseboards or doors and windows trims. I would use 16g
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
661 posts
986 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
psxcheater wrote: I wouldn't use a 18g to install baseboards or doors and windows trims. I would use 16g
Hmmm...Then what would an 18GA nailer be used for?
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2013
573 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
fordmaple wrote:
Hmmm...Then what would an 18GA nailer be used for?
You said it up there. small trims in finishing furniture, woodworking in general, no hardwood flooring
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2232 posts
739 upvotes
Mississauga
I did all the baseboard and casing in my house with an 18g
Jr. Member
Feb 10, 2018
164 posts
264 upvotes
psxcheater wrote: I wouldn't use a 18g to install baseboards or doors and windows trims. I would use 16g
please explain why you recommend 16g we all would like to hear your reasoning,,

Ive installed more miles of Baseboard then I care to remember from back when I was a flooring contractor ... I always used 18ga nailer with 2" length, held no problem then, and the boards are still holding, 18gs works and the hole is minimal.

not sure what is left of the craftsman brand for quality, but I regularly use a 20v dewalt 18g finishing nailer, I wouldn't think of going back to a compressor
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
661 posts
986 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
northernale1 wrote: please explain why you recommend 16g we all would like to hear your reasoning,,

Ive installed more miles of Baseboard then I care to remember from back when I was a flooring contractor ... I always used 18ga nailer with 2" length, held no problem then, and the boards are still holding, 18gs works and the hole is minimal.

not sure what is left of the craftsman brand for quality, but I regularly use a 20v dewalt 18g finishing nailer, I wouldn't think of going back to a compressor
If you look at the Dewalt 18GA nailer and this...they are almost 98% the same with the exception of LED light position and would guess they perform the same.
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2013
573 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
northernale1 wrote: please explain why you recommend 16g we all would like to hear your reasoning,,

Ive installed more miles of Baseboard then I care to remember from back when I was a flooring contractor ... I always used 18ga nailer with 2" length, held no problem then, and the boards are still holding, 18gs works and the hole is minimal.

not sure what is left of the craftsman brand for quality, but I regularly use a 20v dewalt 18g finishing nailer, I wouldn't think of going back to a compressor
You don't say what's the thickness of the baseboards and for cases and windows trims the rule is 16g or lower to support the weight if you are nailing it to the wall. 18g is fine when nail it to the wood. Hardwood for the end boards you use 18g Brad nail 2inch through the wood and the Joist under.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work on basebaoards but for how long till they start separating.
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Jr. Member
Feb 10, 2018
164 posts
264 upvotes
fordmaple wrote: If you look at the Dewalt 18GA nailer and this...they are almost 98% the same with the exception of LED light position and would guess they perform the same.
Maybe so, like I said I have never used this craftsman tool. yes the resemblances is uncanny

Dewalt is like Apple once they have you in your in,,, SO now im in the 20v dewalt family :)
Jr. Member
Feb 10, 2018
164 posts
264 upvotes
psxcheater wrote: You don't say what's the thickness of the baseboards and for cases and windows trims the rule is 16g or lower to support the weight if you are nailing it to the wall. 18g is fine when nail it to the wood. Hardwood for the end boards you use 18g Brad nail 2inch through the wood and the Joist under.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work on basebaoards but for how long till they start separating.
some of my jobs are hitting the 20 yr mark, no separation in baseboard

And for me I would never use a nailer for my hardwood end board, drill and nail set for me !!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2232 posts
739 upvotes
Mississauga
psxcheater wrote: You don't say what's the thickness of the baseboards and for cases and windows trims the rule is 16g or lower to support the weight if you are nailing it to the wall. 18g is fine when nail it to the wood. Hardwood for the end boards you use 18g Brad nail 2inch through the wood and the Joist under.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work on basebaoards but for how long till they start separating.
For all my window door trim I nailed into the jambs.. and same with baseboard .. I located all studs and nailed ... all with 18g
Jr. Member
Oct 13, 2015
159 posts
64 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
This is exact same nailer kit as PorterCable one.

It works but has 1-2 seconds delay between every nail firing.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
661 posts
986 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
RubberHumpty wrote: This is exact same nailer kit as PorterCable one.

It works but has 1-2 seconds delay between every nail firing.
And Dewalt...

Top