Tags:
None
Sep 24, 2013
798 posts
500 upvotes
Ontario
canucks4life wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 7:44 pm
WTF doesn't look like they provide a PDF statement option...heck with that back to paper for me. Angry Face
Give it a day or so and a pdf will be available for download. The statement hasn't been processed yet.
Jul 16, 2012
802 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
buddshek wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:04 pm
Give it a day or so and a pdf will be available for download. The statement hasn't been processed yet.
Good to know thought I was caught in a time warp when Microsoft Money showed up in drop down lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9552 posts
5962 upvotes
Edmonton
CNeufeld wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 1:27 pm
Been spending more than I thought I would. Not because of the Amazon card, but just some deals I found. Like the Sonos One deal. Some cookbooks that where relevant and on sale.

C
Apparently I spent more than I thought I did... Got my first $20 credit posted to my account this morning.

It does show up in the link posted earlier:
https://www.amazon.ca/credit/myrewardscard

It also shows up under My Account -> Gift Card Balances

C
Jul 16, 2012
802 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
CNeufeld wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:58 am
Apparently I spent more than I thought I did... Got my first $20 credit posted to my account this morning.

It does show up in the link posted earlier:
https://www.amazon.ca/credit/myrewardscard

It also shows up under My Account -> Gift Card Balances

C
Just curious did your points get auto redeemed after billing period ended or soon as you hit 2000 cause I’m already above that now but no credit transfer yet?

Found the answer guess I just missed the cutoff last statement.

Redemption. MBNA will determine the total number of Amazon Rewards in your Account at the end of each statement period for your Rewards Credit Card Account. If the balance equals or exceeds 2,000 Amazon Rewards, MBNA will advise Amazon to issue Amazon.ca Gift Card(s) to your Selected Amazon.ca Account for each increment of 2,000 Amazon Rewards, and MBNA will automatically deduct such number from your Account.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9552 posts
5962 upvotes
Edmonton
canucks4life wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 3:55 am
Just curious did your points get auto redeemed after billing period ended or soon as you hit 2000 cause I’m already above that now but no credit transfer yet?

Found the answer guess I just missed the cutoff last statement.

Redemption. MBNA will determine the total number of Amazon Rewards in your Account at the end of each statement period for your Rewards Credit Card Account. If the balance equals or exceeds 2,000 Amazon Rewards, MBNA will advise Amazon to issue Amazon.ca Gift Card(s) to your Selected Amazon.ca Account for each increment of 2,000 Amazon Rewards, and MBNA will automatically deduct such number from your Account.
You found your answer already, I guess... :). In my case, it all happened around the same time, so I wouldn’t have been able to tell what triggered it anyway.

C
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
1583 posts
1082 upvotes
Guelph, ON
canucks4life wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:17 am
Good to know thought I was caught in a time warp when Microsoft Money showed up in drop down lol
For some reason Collabria's website only has support for Microsoft Money, which is fine by me given that my budget software supports it.
I like credit unions. Proud DUCA member.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1119 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
How does one connect the account to their amazon prime account so you get the bonus?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2979 posts
2092 upvotes
supersaiyan wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 3:04 pm
How does one connect the account to their amazon prime account so you get the bonus?
I'm pretty sure it's automatically connected.

Don't you need to be signed into Amazon to apply for the card?
Sep 6, 2016
661 posts
247 upvotes
Just wondering when these Amazon cards will be closed?
Public Mobile $35 / 4GB LTE a month forever!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9552 posts
5962 upvotes
Edmonton
MasterPro wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 6:40 pm
Just wondering when these Amazon cards will be closed?
Why would you think they’ll be closed? Just continuing the pessimistic negative perspective?

I’ve been using my card just fine since I got it.

C
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
1583 posts
1082 upvotes
Guelph, ON
CNeufeld wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 9:06 pm
Why would you think they’ll be closed? Just continuing the pessimistic negative perspective?

I’ve been using my card just fine since I got it.

C
After that strange launch and the fact that the card hasn’t been reissued for about a month now really puts the long term longevity of the card into question. I’m not sure if it’s on MBNA’s or Amazon’s end but I would have thought that the card would be reissued by now. I wonder if it’s a simple IT issue or if TD is planning some big reorganization of their credit card divisions and doesn’t want Amazon customers stuck in the wake. Also I guess it could be Amazon wanting better rewards to go with the card, due to poor reviews, but that’s unlikely.
I like credit unions. Proud DUCA member.
Sep 6, 2016
661 posts
247 upvotes
jacnel wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 7:50 am
After that strange launch and the fact that the card hasn’t been reissued for about a month now really puts the long term longevity of the card into question. I’m not sure if it’s on MBNA’s or Amazon’s end but I would have thought that the card would be reissued by now. I wonder if it’s a simple IT issue or if TD is planning some big reorganization of their credit card divisions and doesn’t want Amazon customers stuck in the wake. Also I guess it could be Amazon wanting better rewards to go with the card, due to poor reviews, but that’s unlikely.
yes... you are right.

something strange from beginning
Public Mobile $35 / 4GB LTE a month forever!
Mar 13, 2012
819 posts
390 upvotes
Near You
So what exactly happened with this card? Can we still not apply? Who dropped the ball?
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2384 posts
960 upvotes
Raincouver
mistytalon wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 8:04 pm
So what exactly happened with this card? Can we still not apply? Who dropped the ball?
Brim is better regardless. I wanna nerf this card already
CAN/USA Cross Border Banking

Netflix? Bill me in Turkish Lira, Watch Me around the world.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
1047 posts
360 upvotes
Kelowna
dekvitaly wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 8:50 pm
Brim is better regardless. I wanna nerf this card already
@dekvitaly I like your verbiage, but do you mean by "nerf"? And yes, though I don't have it, I agree the Brim Financial or Home Trust Preferred Visa are the best no fee cards with no added foreign currency charges. I hate when people say, "But, but, Rogers gives me 4-5% cash back, so net-net, I'm ahead," to which I say that they can change credit card cashback rewards at will, without advance notice, whereas changes to fees require 60 days minimum advance notification. ;)

@jacnel Quite possible. I still think TD might be re-positioning some of their co-branded MBNA cards to the TDCT platform (i.e., Alaska Airlines, Nordstrom Rewards, Amazon.ca Rewards, etc.) so they can sell MBNA division ex. those cards (which they'd keep) and recoup some of their investment (suspect they'd let Platinum Plus, True Line, Melaleuca, and Smart Cash go - noted also their affinity card portfolio keeps shrinking so my guess is the Legion, Canadian Nurses Association, and alumni cards get repositioned to Smart Cash or Platinum Plus). My "money" would be on Duo Bank of Canada, issuer of the Wal-Mart Rewards MasterCard, scooping up remaining MBNA Canada/CUETS assets. :)

Cheers,
Doug