Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22674 posts
17693 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
All I get (as a non-Prime customer?) is:
Amazon.ca Rewards Mastercard

Limited-time offer: $25 Gift Card, plus up to 5% back

Get a $25 Gift Card instantly, plus up to 5% back at Amazon.ca, grocery stores, and restaurants for 6 months after approval, on first $3,000 in eligible purchases
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8317 posts
8928 upvotes
The Prairies
kiwi1962 wrote: Here's mine, I'm a prime member.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 8.24.07 PM.png
Interesting.
So it looks like everyone gets a different “offer”.
I’m also a Prime member.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4119 posts
4305 upvotes
I have been trying to get the phone number to call to take advantage of their Purchase Assurance warranty (bought cell phone, dropped it). Anyone have the number? MBNA agents are *clueless*. TIA
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Jun 25, 2008
785 posts
595 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: I have been trying to get the phone number to call to take advantage of their Purchase Assurance warranty (bought cell phone, dropped it). Anyone have the number? MBNA agents are *clueless*. TIA
https://www.mbna.ca/document/PDF/533416 ... ide_EN.pdf

"Operations Centre means the operations centre maintained by Allianz Global Assistance.
From anywhere in Canada or U.S. call toll-free 1.800.676.1452. From elsewhere call collect
1.519.742.6270. "
Dec 15, 2017
230 posts
248 upvotes
Stittsville
Guys, has anyone tried closing the statement for this mastercard via PayTM app, if yes, how you add it to your bills?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1033 posts
742 upvotes
Mississauga
Poutinesauce wrote: Do you get balance transfer offers with this card like you do with other MBNA cards?
I've never got one on the Amazon card.

I'm hoping to receive one on my True Line (14 months old)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7228 posts
5933 upvotes
hopetindall wrote: I've never got one on the Amazon card.

I'm hoping to receive one on my True Line (14 months old)
Ok. It's important to me, I have a plain MBNA card that earns no rewards but which gives me regular 2.99% balance transfer offers.

If the Amazon card isn't like MBNA Canada's own cards and generous with balance transfer offers, I don't want it.

This is something I want to keep handy in case I have urgent repairs to make, etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2692 posts
2271 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hey folks. in my Amazon account is says I'd get a $50 instant gift card if I were to apply successfully for the card, and I'm not even Prime. Did anyone go for it? I'm debating if the credit hit is worth the $50. I know it's RFD and every saved dollar counts, but I don't like having a hit that will be on file for seven years just for a few bucks, so I'm "torn apart", in the most undramatic way. I think my score is around 820 right now and it's not as if I needed to apply for a mortgage or anything in the next five years, but it's always a good feeling to keep my score above 800 when I can.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1033 posts
742 upvotes
Mississauga
willy0275 wrote: Hey folks. in my Amazon account is says I'd get a $50 instant gift card if I were to apply successfully for the card, and I'm not even Prime. Did anyone go for it? I'm debating if the credit hit is worth the $50. I know it's RFD and every saved dollar counts, but I don't like having a hit that will be on file for seven years just for a few bucks, so I'm "torn apart", in the most undramatic way. I think my score is around 820 right now and it's not as if I needed to apply for a mortgage or anything in the next five years, but it's always a good feeling to keep my score above 800 when I can.
Really - $50 is worth more than a hard credit inquiry any day.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2692 posts
2271 upvotes
Montreal, QC
hopetindall wrote: Really - $50 is worth more than a hard credit inquiry any day.
Alright thanks, you just pushed me to the dark side. I'll be blaming you if I ever get rejected for a $3M mortgage :twisted:
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Apr 23, 2009
449 posts
111 upvotes
GTA
Anyone having login issues lately? I've been getting "Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later. Please call 1-800-347-6262 for further assistance." message for at least a month. The message shows up sometimes before the 2FA, sometimes after.

I called the # on the back of the card ~ a week ago. The CSR claimed to know a fix - he locked & unlocked my pw - but didn't work. I tried to seek further help (e.g. manager) - but he says he's been working there for 15 yrs, etc. etc. (defending himself) so i gave up. He did say they are aware some customers are not able to login, and they are working on it, so try again.

btw could someone confirm that this card is only good in $400 spend increments (= $20 Amazon gc) for the first 6 months on groceries @ 5% cb? I mean the cb rate gets much lower after 6 mo, so I plan to stop using after I reach $800 spending. I’m not a prime member.
Thanks. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 7, 2019
895 posts
1011 upvotes
emiabe wrote: btw could someone confirm that this card is only good in $400 spend increments (= $20 Amazon gc) for the first 6 months on groceries @ 5% cb? I mean the cb rate gets much lower after 6 mo, so I plan to stop using after I reach $800 spending. I’m not a prime member.
Thanks. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
When I opened account in Oct 2020, I had 5% cashback ( upto 150$) for 6 months for money spent on Amazon, Whole Foods, Groceries and Restaurants. You get cash back in increment of $20 Amazon GC which are directly loaded to your Amazon account. In hindsight, it was bad deal. I already had 10% Amazon GC from UGO and several CC which give 3% cash back on Groceries ( PC WE MC, Triangle WE MC) and Restaurants ( Costco Capital One). I made only 75$ extra from this deal ( 60$ as extra cashback and $15 bonus)
:)
Jan 18, 2015
826 posts
548 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
willy0275 wrote: Hey folks. in my Amazon account is says I'd get a $50 instant gift card if I were to apply successfully for the card, and I'm not even Prime. Did anyone go for it? I'm debating if the credit hit is worth the $50. I know it's RFD and every saved dollar counts, but I don't like having a hit that will be on file for seven years just for a few bucks, so I'm "torn apart", in the most undramatic way. I think my score is around 820 right now and it's not as if I needed to apply for a mortgage or anything in the next five years, but it's always a good feeling to keep my score above 800 when I can.
I've got 817CK and I can't even be bothered. I'm also not a Prime customer and they've been offering me $50 off plus 5%/6mo. for ages...

... *sigh* to think I used to roll over for a mere $100 lol ^_^ Now I like my cards to have longer term utility if I'm going to apply.
Max Low Income NoAF CB:
SLOT1: Simplii 4%/1.5%
SLOT2: 3% (Grocery) BMO CB MC ** MC for WM Supercentre+NoFrills
SLOT3: 2% Tang 2/3 categories AND/OR 2% Desjardins Remises/CB (Specific Categories)
SLOT4: 1.25% (OTHER) Amex SC
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7228 posts
5933 upvotes
Having a few hits a year does not matter at all for your credit score. The only thing that really matters is having a long and spotless history of payments over many older accounts. If you have that, having a few hits a year and adding new cards regularly will never make any meaningful impact on your credit score.

If you keep a bunch of credit cards and make at least one transaction on them for every month and keep at it for years, you can do almost anything you want.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
15395 posts
4408 upvotes
Scarberia
so u can buy 3k in amazon gcs and still get back 5%?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 9, 2012
747 posts
338 upvotes
I got $50 gift card welcome bonus + 5% cashback up to $150 (w/ Prime membership), I applied for the card late February. Is that the best they offer?
Mar 9, 2012
747 posts
338 upvotes
Regarding the MBNA online banking system. I have to agree that it's horrible. I had my issues too. I can't get them to add my new credit card with my old MBNA username from a previous MBNA credit card (the old Amazon which I had closed). The CSR tried to do that and it didn't work, he made me waste an extra 5 minutes for nothing. The initial reason of my call was to switch from E-statement to paper because I couldn't do anything through the "forget username" or "forget password". It was telling me to call them, never had that issue anywhere else. I would expect more from a reputable "bank".
Jan 18, 2015
826 posts
548 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
skunkyjosh wrote: I got $50 gift card welcome bonus + 5% cashback up to $150 (w/ Prime membership), I applied for the card late February. Is that the best they offer?
I was offered this even though I'm not currently a Prime member. I have been on and off Prime periodically though. (I pretty much join to see seasons of certain shows and then move on for a while)

This makes me wonder if there is someone out there getting $100+ (in addition to the $150CB)... hmmm?
Max Low Income NoAF CB:
SLOT1: Simplii 4%/1.5%
SLOT2: 3% (Grocery) BMO CB MC ** MC for WM Supercentre+NoFrills
SLOT3: 2% Tang 2/3 categories AND/OR 2% Desjardins Remises/CB (Specific Categories)
SLOT4: 1.25% (OTHER) Amex SC