Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazon Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Bounty (215.99$ 12H left)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2016 12:59 pm
Tags:
17 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
616 upvotes
EDMONTON
I bought one last time for 225. The thing is great. I have to throw out a handful of herbs every 2 days or so because they grow so fast I can't even give them away. Going to put some lettuce in it next cause I'd love to have fresh lettuce whenever I want it
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 28, 2011
1636 posts
1614 upvotes
Québec Gold
Piddles wrote: I bought one last time for 225. The thing is great. I have to throw out a handful of herbs every 2 days or so because they grow so fast I can't even give them away. Going to put some lettuce in it next cause I'd love to have fresh lettuce whenever I want it
I wonder if when you grow lettuce and cut some leave if it will continue to grow, how often you have to put water in it ? Is the size huge ?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
12831 posts
3805 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
yolomolo wrote: Is the size huge ?
Product Dimensions: 43.8 x 28.6 x 38.1 cm
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 10, 2012
34 posts
17 upvotes
Brockville
I imagine Miracle Gro makes a healthy profit on those seed pods.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
DasBub wrote: I imagine Miracle Gro makes a healthy profit on those seed pods.
And the nutrients.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Would cats get into it? I would assume so...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
Lol this makes me think of cypress hill.

Hello, I'm Dr. Greenthumb
Have you ever had the problem of running out of weed
and just can't find some anywhere?
Well try my Dr. Greenthumb grow tips
I'll show you how to grow inside and out..
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
12831 posts
3805 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
There is another version also on as a deal, but it can only be ordered using an Amazon.ca app.

It is the "Aerogarden Extra LED" model with herb seed kit.

Here is comparison chart.

http://www.aerogarden.com/indoor-garden ... ison-chart
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Newbie
Jul 12, 2012
38 posts
16 upvotes
TORONTO
Honestly this is so expensive compared to just using a light with a CFL bulb and a timer. Which works really for me. $200 is absurd.

You can easily build a better setup for much cheaper with very little effort.
Banned
User avatar
Jan 18, 2016
6 posts
GTA
Get a lamp cord, buy a socket splitter and two 23w 6500k cfl bulbs and you will have a better setup than this for dirt cheap!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
I have two older AeroGarden units and I also have a DIY hydroponic setup to grow tomatoes. The AeroGarden is good for growing small things like herbs and stuff. And yes, the seed pods and nutrients really add up over time.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3058 posts
1728 upvotes
Kingston
The nutrients are surely some variant of a readily available liquid fertilizer? I bought an aerogarden on a Boxing Day deal and it grows herbs really well. It's not just a light source, it's the aerated water too which helps. The root systems on my herbs are absolutely unreal growing in this thing. I might spring for the bigger version, thanks op.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
616 upvotes
EDMONTON
yolomolo wrote: I wonder if when you grow lettuce and cut some leave if it will continue to grow, how often you have to put water in it ? Is the size huge ?
I add water every 4 days or so, about 2L to keep it full. If you grow romaine or red leaf or green leaf lettuce you can pull off a few leaves and the head will continue I did it all summer
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
12831 posts
3805 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
jordanjr23 wrote: Honestly this is so expensive compared to just using a light with a CFL bulb and a timer. Which works really for me. $200 is absurd.

You can easily build a better setup for much cheaper with very little effort.
DealwiththeDevil1 wrote: Get a lamp cord, buy a socket splitter and two 23w 6500k cfl bulbs and you will have a better setup than this for dirt cheap!
Wait for spring and get free sunlight and rainwater. :)
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
2584 posts
2051 upvotes
Clarington
I spent $0 making mine. People getting rid of their old hanging 4' florescent light fixture will give them to you for free.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)