Careers

Amazon need drivers and warehouse staff, hiring for over 5000 positions across the country

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2020 12:51 am
[OP]
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
544 upvotes
M1C

Amazon need drivers and warehouse staff, hiring for over 5000 positions across the country

Amazon Is Hiring For Over 5000 Positions Across Canada
They need drivers and warehouse staff.
These jobs are available in the company's warehouse and delivery networks, which have become more important than ever during this time.

The majority of the jobs are available in Ontario, with an additional 800 positions available in both Alberta and British Columbia.

The majority of positions available are for full-time warehouse associates, including some seasonal jobs, and pay $16.70 an hour (with an hourly bonus for night shifts).

Warehouse staff get orders ready, load them into trucks for delivery, and stock inventory.

Amazon will even pay for the safety footwear required to work in these positions.

While the job can be physically strenuous, the company has its staff do daily stretches to get warmed up before a shift.

If you want to do something more advanced in the warehouses, you can also receive training for operating powered industrial equipment.

Anyone interested in a job as a delivery driver can apply through Amazon's delivery service partners website.

These positions pay $16.50 an hour, and often entail four to five 10 hour days a week.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4562 posts
934 upvotes
Abbottabad
Daily stretches to get warmed up before a shift?

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1831 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
You can make 660-825 a week, by working 40-50 hours, or you can work 0 hour and get 500 a week.
I wonder what people will choose.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5857 posts
1251 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zero_ wrote: You can make 660-825 a week, by working 40-50 hours, or you can work 0 hour and get 500 a week.
you can still get CERB if you make 1000 or less
Nov 22, 2017
467 posts
246 upvotes
zero_ wrote: You can make 660-825 a week, by working 40-50 hours, or you can work 0 hour and get 500 a week.
CERB lasts only 4 months and EI around 9 months depending on how much you've worked before. This is good for restaurant workers who will probably never return to work.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1138 posts
441 upvotes
DT Calgary
CERB will likely last longer than 4 months. Why would I do this when I can collect CERB and deliver food at my leisure? I can sit on my ass and be my own boss whenever I want to work and make more money than this. No thanks.
Nov 18, 2012
889 posts
483 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Daily stretches to get warmed up before a shift?

Face With Tears Of Joy
It's actually quite dangerous to do this, stretching is horrible before hard physical labour or running.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6096 posts
1237 upvotes
Toronto
FreshCo wrote: CERB will likely last longer than 4 months. Why would I do this when I can collect CERB and deliver food at my leisure? I can sit on my ass and be my own boss whenever I want to work and make more money than this. No thanks.
CERB last only 16 weeks.
Jun 11, 2016
808 posts
1128 upvotes
FreshCo wrote: Why would I do this when I can collect CERB and deliver food at my leisure? I can sit on my ass and be my own boss whenever I want to work and make more money than this. No thanks.
Example of our tax dollars hard at work (pun intended)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3275 posts
912 upvotes
Edmonton
rkt1337 wrote: It's actually quite dangerous to do this, stretching is horrible before hard physical labour or running.
Care to explain? Been doing it for years and it is mandatory all over the trade world.
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Nov 18, 2012
889 posts
483 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote: Care to explain? Been doing it for years and it is mandatory all over the trade world.
talk to a physiotherapist.

There isnt a single study that will back static stretching before exercise. It's extremely dangerous, its one of the 3 main reasons that runners are always hurt.

Being warmed up is enough: Hot shower, aeoric movements.. thats it. Anything over that is DANGEROUS. You are stretching muscle tissue and breaking it appart before using it strongly. That makes no sense. Would you stretch playdough if you wanted to build something sturdy?
Nov 7, 2016
899 posts
385 upvotes
Ontario
rkt1337 wrote: talk to a physiotherapist.

There isnt a single study that will back static stretching before exercise. It's extremely dangerous, its one of the 3 main reasons that runners are always hurt.

Being warmed up is enough: Hot shower, aeoric movements.. thats it. Anything over that is DANGEROUS. You are stretching muscle tissue and breaking it appart before using it strongly. That makes no sense. Would you stretch playdough if you wanted to build something sturdy?
"There isnt a single study that will back" and "It's extremely dangerous,"... so which is it and wheres your study that shows its extremely dangerous?
·Ï¢årµ§·
Nov 18, 2012
889 posts
483 upvotes
IcarusLSC wrote: "There isnt a single study that will back" and "It's extremely dangerous,"... so which is it and wheres your study that shows its extremely dangerous?
Hello mr narcissist too important to research.
Nov 7, 2016
899 posts
385 upvotes
Ontario
rkt1337 wrote: Hello mr narcissist too important to research.
Your the one that said there is studies...
·Ï¢årµ§·

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)