• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2021 2:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1551 posts
1962 upvotes

Amazon package delivered but showing possibly lost

I bought a workout bench recently on Amazon, not a small purchase by any means, being at $400. I received it about two weeks ago and thought nothing of it.
However I went to my account today and noticed that it's still showing Shipped and there's a notice saying it may be lost. I try to track it through Amazon on Purolator and the last update shows it was out to sender in a city close to mine.
I went directly to Purolator and it shows the same thing,with an Attention warning.
Of course I can be sleazy and ask for a refund even though I've received it but I'd like to be able to mark it delivered.But there was no such function.
So I figured I'd just leave it but when I'm looking online about this, it says Amazon may refund me automatically after a set time. Is this true? Not sure what to do, there doesn't seem to be a choice to correct this.
3 replies
Aug 11, 2012
218 posts
201 upvotes
Halifax
Upvote for the honesty! :)

When something similar happened to me, albeit smaller purchase and Canada Post I think, I chatted with Amazon and told them I have the item and asked if the rep could mark it as delivered. Rep said he will, but they never did, but I also never got an automatic refund.
Nov 5, 2018
312 posts
258 upvotes
I've had this happen before. I just ignore it, they don't take action unless you complain it didn't arrive so it's not worth it to bother.