Amazon package stolen today

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 10:56 am
[OP]
May 30, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes

Amazon package stolen today

I ordered something worth $300 ish from Amazon yesterday and it was supposed to arrive today at 9 PM

According to the website, it says it arrived at 5 PM (delivery complete) but I never got my package

Delivery company is Dynamax or something and I assume they left it at my door again. (3rd time already) and I think it got stolen.

Why are they breaking their own rules? They aren't supposed to leave a package at the door right?

I contacted Amazon and they said they will investigate this issue and asked me to come back after 3 business days.

Will they refund me the money or what? Have anyone had this issue before? Share your experiences, thanks !
60 replies
Nov 25, 2014
250 posts
181 upvotes
BC
Why wouldn't they leave it at the door unless it requires a signature? Use the tracking number on the companies website to tell them to route a package, deliver to back door etc. Once it's been delivered, they don't have any responsibility to what happens to the package.

I know UPS in particular will leave packages regardless of value (TV, computers etc), because the person left it ordered it as driver release to wherever the driver wants
[OP]
May 30, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
First of all, I was at home. Second of all, they broke their policy. They are not supposed to leave a package at the door.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8014 posts
1593 upvotes
Mississauga
futurecs wrote:
May 31st, 2019 4:12 am
First of all, I was at home. Second of all, they broke their policy. They are not supposed to leave a package at the door.
Link to this policy?
Banned
May 21, 2018
45 posts
159 upvotes
Orillia
It's been a common problem. Remind me of this popular video about glitter bomb trap for the package thief.
Surprise everywhere.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1231 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Agree with OP. No carrier should be leaving packages in froNT of peoples doors unless they are strictly told to. ESPECIALLY if you live in an apartment. Not only is it asking to be stolen but it will waste both parties time trying to get it figured out. Amazon is notorious for this, they did it to me once and i blasted them for it. Never happened since.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Jul 10, 2003
607 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
An alternate theory is that Dynamax delivered your package to the wrong address. It happened with a package of mine and a investigation was opened. Luckily, the recipient returned it to me but they told me that they thought long and hard about keeping it.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3190 posts
1890 upvotes
Vancouver
Not saying its right but in this day and age, you pretty much need a security/wireless camera of some sort for your front door if you order a lot of packages. Not only do a lot of delivery people leave packages out front, a lot of times they don't even ring the doorbell (so it doesnt matter if you're home or not).
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11483 posts
6310 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Gotta sit by the porch all day with a rocking chair, beer and shotgun.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17034 posts
4776 upvotes
Toronto
You can't just leave a parcel outside the door. That is just lazy.
Oct 9, 2011
363 posts
101 upvotes
futurecs wrote:
May 31st, 2019 4:12 am
Agree with you... but many years ago, when I contacted canada post regarding leaving parcel at the door, the reply was they are responsible to deliver the parcel to the address, the delivery man can leave it at a "safe place" (ie: at the porch where everyone can see and steal it) and it is "delivered to the address", unless it requires signature, they are allowed to just leave it at the door... It's probably the same as all courier in Canada.
Sep 19, 2004
461 posts
122 upvotes
It’s funny. When carrier attempts to deliver while no one is at home, many people ask carrier to leave the parcel at door. when a parcel was left at the door and gone, people complain and say carrier is not supposed to do that.

That’s why I always refuse to safe drop for apartments and some houses even someone asking for it.
Sep 19, 2004
461 posts
122 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote:
May 31st, 2019 3:51 pm
Agree with you... but many years ago, when I contacted canada post regarding leaving parcel at the door, the reply was they are responsible to deliver the parcel to the address, the delivery man can leave it at a "safe place" (ie: at the porch where everyone can see and steal it) and it is "delivered to the address", unless it requires signature, they are allowed to just leave it at the door... It's probably the same as all courier in Canada.
This way of delivering is called “safe drop”.

I believe all carriers utilize this method to deliver the parcel.

Safe drop is not all inclusive, and is under the discretion of the delivery agent. Some delivery agents will safe drop some won’t.