Shopping Discussion

Amazon package stolen today

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 10:56 am
Feb 5, 2019
9 posts
8 upvotes
I received a package from Amazon today and when I got the delivery notification Amazon attached a picture of the package being left at my front door. never seen them do that before. No idea who actually dropped off the package but I guess theyre having alot of problems.
Sep 18, 2009
239 posts
73 upvotes
Brampton
Ticco wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 7:58 am
No.

Things that I've had happen to myself:

Parcel that was shipped with sign on delivery just dropped by the door (even though it requires a person to sign for it and physically take it from them)

Parcel being delivered, I'm home, the guy doesn't even bother ringing the bell or knocking the door, and leaves a Canada Post pick-up card instead of attempting the delivery

Parcel being marked as delivered but the guy actually ends up bringing it the next day
Figures.

I'm just going to get stuff delivered to my workplace now.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2712 posts
334 upvotes
Newmarket
Nyl wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 8:35 am
Figures.

I'm just going to get stuff delivered to my workplace now.
that's what i've been doing for the past year or so... it's unfortunate it has to be like this
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12496 posts
1902 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I have a sign in bold black marker stating "I'M HOME!", but the delivery person leaves package on doorstep without ringing doorbell. I have seen drivers delivering to neighbours where they rush over to the home and leave hurriedly, So, probably guessing they don't even see the signs one puts up.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24573 posts
4829 upvotes
futurecs wrote:
May 31st, 2019 4:12 am
First of all, I was at home. Second of all, they broke their policy. They are not supposed to leave a package at the door.
LOL what? Who told you that? Almost every single thing I order from Amazon is left at my door. Had two things delivered last week, both left at my door. Not sure what you're on about "policy"--whose policy?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2369 posts
4028 upvotes
Toronto
I always deliver to nearest post office for pickup. No one steal the package.
Feb 18, 2007
287 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
futurecs wrote:
First of all, I was at home. Second of all, they broke their policy. They are not supposed to leave a package at the door.
Even if it was policy, which it isn't. What exactly is bringing that up going to do?

Nothing.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2697 posts
4124 upvotes
Laval
woof wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:44 pm
Your prayers for an outdoor camera have been answered - by Amazon!

Amazon Outdoor Camera

What a coincidence that they've come up with this.

just a reminder Amazon owns RING
remember to give credit to the O.P if your going to repost it on reddit > bapcsalescanada
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2724 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
nic0letta wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 8:31 am
I received a package from Amazon today and when I got the delivery notification Amazon attached a picture of the package being left at my front door. never seen them do that before. No idea who actually dropped off the package but I guess theyre having alot of problems.
lol amazon is going to fall hard long term if they think this is sustainable.

wtf is taking a picture going to do?

The delivery person can easily take a photo and then just steal the package anyway.

It's what happens with their condo deliveries - they sign off saying the package has been delivered and handed to concierge but when you go and try to pick up your package the concierge has no record of ever accepting the package. So on your account the tracking info says "delivered" but they never did.

All it takes is one bad experience and they slowly add up before the castle crumbles.

As long as Amazon refunds you hassle free, I'll still have confidence buying from them though.
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
245 posts
135 upvotes
futurecs wrote:
Sure that's their policy? They leave packages at our door all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5333 posts
3150 upvotes
sunvv wrote:
May 31st, 2019 3:54 pm
It’s funny. When carrier attempts to deliver while no one is at home, many people ask carrier to leave the parcel at door. when a parcel was left at the door and gone, people complain and say carrier is not supposed to do that.

That’s why I always refuse to safe drop for apartments and some houses even someone asking for it.
Thanks for making online shopping inconvenient and pointless.

I am in an apartment building. All regular delivery people leave packages right outside the apartment doors in the hallway. It's actually crazy. I have seen packages stay there for days and not get stolen. The only times they don't seem to do that are when 1- Canada Post sends someone who doesn't know how it works here 2- UPS sends someone who doesn't even know how to get into the building 3- Amazon ships "dangerous" goods with Purolator 4- a signature is required. Although, today, Canada Post left a parcel that required a signature in the parcel locker.
Sep 18, 2009
239 posts
73 upvotes
Brampton
hvwozq wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 2:11 am
Thanks for making online shopping inconvenient and pointless.

I am in an apartment building. All regular delivery people leave packages right outside the apartment doors in the hallway. It's actually crazy. I have seen packages stay there for days and not get stolen. The only times they don't seem to do that are when 1- Canada Post sends someone who doesn't know how it works here 2- UPS sends someone who doesn't even know how to get into the building 3- Amazon ships "dangerous" goods with Purolator 4- a signature is required. Although, today, Canada Post left a parcel that required a signature in the parcel locker.
You have some nice neighbors. Just had a tablet stolen from outside my door in my apartment building in less than an hour of waiting.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17185 posts
489 upvotes
The losers who steal these packages are just pathetic. I don't know how anyone could go around doing stuff like this. Every Christmas there is a bunch of stories about people following delivery trucks and stealing. God it makes me mad. Wtf is wrong with these people?
Aug 5, 2005
281 posts
164 upvotes
Super strokey wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 10:16 am
The losers who steal these packages are just pathetic. I don't know how anyone could go around doing stuff like this. Every Christmas there is a bunch of stories about people following delivery trucks and stealing. God it makes me mad. Wtf is wrong with these people?
They were never taught any morals and probably don't even have a clue in the world they live in, doggie dog world for them but I believe somewhere somehow it all comes back at them in their life span, they made think they got away with it now but one day it catches up to them
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1916 posts
429 upvotes
Ontario
You have to wonder how much money is being lost to thefts and what Amazon is going to do about it. Why bother going into a store to steal when you can just drive around and steal stuff and put it on Kijjiji. Cameras do nothing even if you have a perfect picture because the cops don't care and you get a slap on the wrist.