Shopping Discussion

Amazon package supposedly delivered to another address. Made claim that it was wrong. But it was right...lol

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2021 3:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1440 posts
769 upvotes
TORONTO

Amazon package supposedly delivered to another address. Made claim that it was wrong. But it was right...lol

Sorry for the title gore.

So I ordered a Ring Floodlight last weekend.
Tracking said it should be delivered today (Wednesday).

Tracking updates me that it was delivered. But the address on the tracking stated a different town (one town over)

I wasn't home today. I was bit pissed because I wanted this item for a while now hoping Prime day would suddenly show up.

Anyway, I chat with Amazon Customer service. I pointed out that the online tracking stated it was delivered in the other town and questioned what the hell is going on.
Rep says would you like a refund or a replacement. Obviously I wanted the item right now as well as some answers.
Rep. says a replacement would suffice. So I agreed and get new tracking for the floodlight to arrive this Sunday.

My wife gets home today before me and finds the floodlight on our porch. WTF.

So now, what do I do? Inform Amazon? or just say F it and keep everything?
Last edited by akswun on Aug 11th, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15189 posts
6248 upvotes
RFD
It depends on your moral compass. If you believe in honesty and "karma" or "what goes around comes around" then have a chat with them and return it. If you DGAF then keep it. I don't know what other answers you were expecting. Its very simple.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2059 posts
1449 upvotes
Vancouver
I would just cancel the new order. They normally show up in the Order History
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3771 posts
2454 upvotes
London
was it intelcom or amazons own delivery people i've seen them scan stuff delivered when it gets to there depot and some times the depot isn't even in the same city as u then it shows up later in the day in both cases they will normally email u a picture of were they put the package as well as the address numbers on the locations to show it matches unless u happen to answer the door and sign for it although most of them aren't even knocking since covid the just take they picture and take off.

just live chat support and say the first package came ask if they can cancel the replacement or provide a pre paid label to return it some times they just say don't bother keep it.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19469 posts
22603 upvotes
GTA
F amazon, keep it. Jeff Bozos can still afford another penis rocket.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1440 posts
769 upvotes
TORONTO
aaron158 wrote: was it intelcom or amazons own delivery people i've seen them scan stuff delivered when it gets to there depot and some times the depot isn't even in the same city as u then it shows up later in the day in both cases they will normally email u a picture of were they put the package as well as the address numbers on the locations to show it matches unless u happen to answer the door and sign for it although most of them aren't even knocking since covid the just take they picture and take off.

just live chat support and say the first package came ask if they can cancel the replacement or provide a pre paid label to return it some times they just say don't bother keep it.
It said it was delivered by Purolator.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3771 posts
2454 upvotes
London
akswun wrote: It said it was delivered by Purolator.
ok well i would just do a live chat to c/s tell them the item showed up ask them to cancel the replace or provide a pre paid label to return it and see what they say the may just tell u to keep it either way its no loss for u since u got the first shipment.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3079 posts
3430 upvotes
Montreal
They have some issues with tracking.

Everytime Intelcom come to my house, which is quite often, tracking always says "Delivered to Valleyfield". I live next to this city (it's accross the Saint Laurent river) but I live in a completely different city.

UPS and FedEx is the same but it always says Saint-Lazare..

I live in Les Cedres.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6576 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
There's actually an option specifically for this in the returns portal. Something like "Extra item received - no refund required", print off the pre-paid return label and you're done, so you don't even need to waste time talking to them again.

I would wait until the second one actually arrives though and you've tested it and made sure it works.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7179 posts
9153 upvotes
The NORTH
Don't leave us hanging OP, did this start your life of crime or are you returning it???
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3145 posts
2716 upvotes
Cambridge
kr0zet wrote: Don't leave us hanging OP, did this start your life of crime or are you returning it???
...sounds like a question the FBI might ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2178 posts
2521 upvotes
Vancouver
People are too quick to panic when the tracking shows delivered. Nearly 50% of the time, the carrier marks it as Delivered 2-6 hours before it actually comes to my place. I would always wait until the end of the next day. It's not like you are going to run out of time to dispute by waiting a day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1440 posts
769 upvotes
TORONTO
sunnysidesolutions wrote: People are too quick to panic when the tracking shows delivered. Nearly 50% of the time, the carrier marks it as Delivered 2-6 hours before it actually comes to my place. I would always wait until the end of the next day. It's not like you are going to run out of time to dispute by waiting a day.
This is true. I think we all panic a little when you’re so used to constant notifications and tracking updates.
I was only more concerned because it’s a $$$ product.

Anyway, I’m waiting for the second one to come. I’ll decide if I want to keep it. And yes, pay for it. Or return it.
I don’t really need another one of these.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7380 posts
7851 upvotes
Vancouver
Manatus wrote: There's actually an option specifically for this in the returns portal. Something like "Extra item received - no refund required", print off the pre-paid return label and you're done, so you don't even need to waste time talking to them again.

I would wait until the second one actually arrives though and you've tested it and made sure it works.
Some people thrive on wasting others time. Look at the OP.. without even physically checking to see if the item was delivered.. connects with Amazon, wasting their time (CS rep, warehouse staff, delivery driver)... to have another item delivered when not necessary.

Then starts this thread.

:rolleyes:

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1750 posts
2453 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I'd keep the item as compensation for the time wasted.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7179 posts
9153 upvotes
The NORTH
Gungnir wrote: I'd keep the item as compensation for the time wasted.
What time?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1750 posts
2453 upvotes
Burlington, ON
kr0zet wrote: What time?
Contacting Amazon support is the amount of time currently wasted, but if he has to send it back they're not going to compensate him for time driving to mail it, boxing and so forth.

Maybe I just have a high premium on my personal time, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make good the mistakes of others.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7179 posts
9153 upvotes
The NORTH
Gungnir wrote: Contacting Amazon support is the amount of time currently wasted, but if he has to send it back they're not going to compensate him for time driving to mail it, boxing and so forth.

Maybe I just have a high premium on my personal time, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make good the mistakes of others.
Did you read the post? If the OP checked at home they would have see that the package was delivered properly and not wasted any of their time at all. The time wasted was due to an over reaction before having the facts. Not sure its amazon's responsibility to compensate the OP for time that they wasted thru no fault of amazon...
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1750 posts
2453 upvotes
Burlington, ON
kr0zet wrote: Did you read the post? If the OP checked at home they would have see that the package was delivered properly and not wasted any of their time at all. The time wasted was due to an over reaction before having the facts. Not sure its amazon's responsibility to compensate the OP for time that they wasted thru no fault of amazon...
"Tracking updates me that it was delivered. But the address on the tracking stated a different town (one town over)"

Amazon should not require someone being able to manually verify the correctness of their tracking information, and if they (or Purolator I'm guessing) had gotten it right this wouldn't have happened. He could have verified by checking at home but amazon should have had the correct tracking information so that would not be required, so it's a shared responsibility. Since it's Amazon or possibly Purolator's mistake which set off the chain, I'd say it's more on them.

I'd keep, but I can understand if you feel differently.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)