Amazon phone price dropped

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 3:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2008
249 posts
70 upvotes

Amazon phone price dropped

I purchased a phone from amazon last week, but the price dropped quite a bit now. I doubt they price adjust, so can I buy the same phone again at the lower price, and start a return for the one I bought last week.

Since I already opened that phone, I would send back the new sealed one from the second order for the return of the first order, same phone and color, both fulfilled by amazon.

Update:
Actually it looks like my call to amazon customer service paid off, they issued a promotional credit for the difference.

That's weird, the american girl on the phone had no patience for my request and told me it cant be done, and took long to tell me too. I guess they changed their mind since I'm a prime member and spent a few thousand on amazon over the past few months.
Last edited by pallfy on Aug 8th, 2020 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2221 posts
1803 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
That's great OP
I like credit unions and Honda Civics.
Member with DUCA Credit Union.
Aug 5, 2012
235 posts
50 upvotes
pallfy wrote: I purchased a phone from amazon last week, but the price dropped quite a bit now. I doubt they price adjust, so can I buy the same phone again at the lower price, and start a return for the one I bought last week.

Since I already opened that phone, I would send back the new sealed one from the second order for the return of the first order, same phone and color, both fulfilled by amazon.

Update:
Actually it looks like my call to amazon customer service paid off, they issued a promotional credit for the difference.

That's weird, the american girl on the phone had no patience for my request and told me it cant be done, and took long to tell me too. I guess they changed their mind since I'm a prime member and spent a few thousand on amazon over the past few months.
Good that you have resolved this with the promotional credit.

Your original idea may not work if Amazon records the serial number of the phone somewhere in their system. My phone orders from B&H Photos have the serial number of the phone printed on the invoice.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6041 posts
2035 upvotes
How much was the promotional credit? If you buy something with the credit and return it do you still get it back?