None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4209 posts
3078 upvotes
Edmonton

Amazon Pre-Order Fail

So back near the beginning of September, I ordered a book not yet released. The release date was at the end of this month and I received a e-mail just recently advising that I can expect delivery on the 30th or 31st. So I check my order today and see that it has not even shipped. I write Amazon and they tell me something about not receiving the number of copies they expected. The book was also ordered with a Prime account. Don't they have these books ready to ship on official release date and wouldn't they know how many they should have by release date with the pre-orders? It's hard to believe that they even gave me a delivery date but now the whole thing is just stalled. They said they would upgrade my order to Priority shipping. What does that even mean when you have a Prime account? :mad:
5 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16396 posts
31533 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't have Canadian Prime but US Prime gives you free 2-day shipping. If it's the same maybe they upgraded you to 1-day?
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
16132 posts
10942 upvotes
Toronto
I made an order through Amazon yesterday for tablet accessories.

Signed up for the free trial of Prime. Package arrived today.

Just saying.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1212 upvotes
They can only sell and ship what the publisher sent them. If the publisher said they were sending X amount but ended up only sending Y amount what do you want amazon to do about it?
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4133 upvotes
Ottawa
Ojam wrote: They can only sell and ship what the publisher sent them. If the publisher said they were sending X amount but ended up only sending Y amount what do you want amazon to do about it?
Get outta here with that common sense. We're having this torch and pitchfork party for Amazon. You've been here long enough to know that distributors are NEVER at fault. It's the retailers that are a-holes.

Plus the distributor should know he's dealing with an Amazon Prime member...no reason he shouldn't have the first one off the press and his copy should ship from the distributor in a 24K gold box.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10617 posts
2480 upvotes
Victoria
How does amazon deal with when they get short supplied from the distributor?

I ordered the Led Zeppelin vinyl reissues a few months ago and I'm not a prime member. Those also had issue with quantities. I seemed to get my vinyl while others who placed their orders after me did not (even if they used prime). I figured Amazon used first come first serve when dealing with a shortage. Then I got confused again because usually when you don't have prime they sit on your order for a few days after release (to make it look like free shipping sucks). So wouldn't they have run out of stock to ship mine.. lol.

Either way I guess someone gets the shaft when the supplier provides less copies then they were supposed to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)