Shopping Discussion

Amazon Pre order free shipping hack not working anymore?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 10:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1922 posts
1020 upvotes
GTA

Amazon Pre order free shipping hack not working anymore?

In order to get free shipping without prime, one would add a pre-order game along with the item you need to get free shipping and subsequently cancel the pre order item after the item you need is delivered .

I tried this for the first time yesterday. The item shipped for free, but when I tried to cancel the pre-order, it wouldn’t let me. ‘Item cannot be canceled because it was part of a promotion discount’ or something.

Anyways, I was able to contact customer service with some good reason and get it canceled without any extra charges.

But Amazon seems to have finally put a fix for this loophole.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2629 posts
1366 upvotes
London
headleygrange wrote: In order to get free shipping without prime, one would add a pre-order game along with the item you need to get free shipping and subsequently cancel the pre order item after the item you need is delivered .

I tried this for the first time yesterday. The item shipped for free, but when I tried to cancel the pre-order, it wouldn’t let me. ‘Item cannot be canceled because it was part of a promotion discount’ or something.

Anyways, I was able to contact customer service with some good reason and get it canceled without any extra charges.

But Amazon seems to have finally put a fix for this loophole.
they did that over a year ago maybe even 2 years. but like u figured out u can just chat with support they don't care just say u don't want it and they will cancel the second item no problem. there use to be many loop holes like if u had an open order u could just contact and ask them to add on the item and it would ship for free but head office took away c/s option to add on items to an order or to merge orders.
May 30, 2011
971 posts
1371 upvotes
You also can’t cancel the item if the item you ordered is “temporarily out of stock”. I had to contact Amazon to cancel.