• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 2:39 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2016
493 posts
759 upvotes
Leask

Amazon Prime day sub-forum!

Amazon Prime day sub-forum is needed! Could it be made please? Asap!
25 replies
Aug 7, 2005
812 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed I can't believe this was never setup in the first place.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5057 posts
1288 upvotes
Toronto
Unbelievable...90% of the hot deals section today are Prime Day... cluttering the main page
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Mar 2, 2008
785 posts
837 upvotes
BC
I believe the aye's have it. The Hot Deals forum is getting ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5001 posts
820 upvotes
Markham
ReFuGeE wrote: Agreed I can't believe this was never setup in the first place.
Because RFD can earn money from affiliate, so they don't have motivation to create sub forum. The more people see it, the more money RFD will earn
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1754 posts
445 upvotes
Montreal
Let's be honest, without prime day, the Hot Deal forum is a ghost town.

There's no need to separate it, way too much work for RFD staff, and confuse the irregular visitors.
Aug 20, 2009
7129 posts
1823 upvotes
Grimsby
They are working on more advanced filtering tools to improve readability and let users drill down to get the deals they want for specific products/retailers. As a user I don't feel like its worth it to create a subforum for a 2 day event for a single retailer, especially considering more retailers are doing these sorts of things going forward to move old inventory. I understand people are frustrated with the sheer volume of things being posted but it's almost over.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1323 posts
79 upvotes
Amazon must love the fact they are overtaking this forum for these two days. Is there a way to just aggregate all the deals into one post, similar to how all sale items are listed from one retailer during black friday/boxing week
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11319 posts
4617 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
williamsauga wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:25 am
Let's be honest, without prime day, the Hot Deal forum is a ghost town.

There's no need to separate it, way too much work for RFD staff, and confuse the irregular visitors.
The problem is not that the Hot Deal forum will be a ghost town but the sheer amount of Amazon postings have caused non-Prime members to stop looking/reading/posting in the forum at all. Let's face it - what non-Prime member would want to wade through all of those Prime threads to find anything?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11319 posts
4617 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Redmask wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:39 am
They are working on more advanced filtering tools to improve readability and let users drill down to get the deals they want for specific products/retailers. As a user I don't feel like its worth it to create a subforum for a 2 day event for a single retailer, especially considering more retailers are doing these sorts of things going forward to move old inventory. I understand people are frustrated with the sheer volume of things being posted but it's almost over.
Realistically, the advanced filtering tools should allow people to EXCLUDE specific products/retailers as well.