Shopping Discussion

Amazon prime renewal with no receipt or email?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2019 11:46 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6490 posts
2176 upvotes

Amazon prime renewal with no receipt or email?

I know it auto renews but shouldn't there be a receipt or email at least?
9 replies
Jan 15, 2005
255 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
From my experience they normally send you a notification a month ahead.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3869 posts
1155 upvotes
QC
I received my renewal notice yesterday and my subscription expire on March 25.
May 21, 2012
310 posts
123 upvotes
Markham
you can get a receipt from your account > manage your prime membership
Nov 12, 2012
566 posts
252 upvotes
Port Moody
No receipt for me either. I think you have to set up reminders if you want to be emailed...
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1671 posts
706 upvotes
You only get a reminder if you set it up to send you a reminder and the receipt is only available in your account so unless you login to check you just see it on your credit card statement. This happened to me on my trial. Its pretty scummy if you ask me to not send a receipt or reminder automatically. However, they were good and refunded the fee since i hadnt bought anything since it was charged.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
163 upvotes
Amazon.ca price are way too expensive compared to others online retailer and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get Amazon prime membership especially paying a $95.88 a year is not cheap at all, also the Prime membership doesn't offer very good value if you don't end up ordering that much. And remember that Amazon.ca threshold for free shipping in Canada is only $35, so most customers won't need to pay for shipping if they're fine with standard delivery.
Mar 20, 2011
301 posts
211 upvotes
Langley, BC
May wrote: Amazon.ca price are way too expensive compared to others online retailer and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get Amazon prime membership especially paying a $95.88 a year is not cheap at all, also the Prime membership doesn't offer very good value if you don't end up ordering that much. And remember that Amazon.ca threshold for free shipping in Canada is only $35, so most customers won't need to pay for shipping if they're fine with standard delivery.
Most of the time their prices are in line with Walmart, Best Buy and other big boxes, which means I wouldn't say they are more expensive than other retailers, but they're also not really beating any other retailer significantly either. Prime is more about the convenience of not having to actually go to these stores, so if you're short on time it's great. Whether it's worth paying $80 + tax for that privilege really depends on your lifestyle and how much free time you have. Prime also unlocks Subscribe and Save, and I've saved over the prime fee already on products using that, but that's just because I've had to buy a lot of baby formula.
May 21, 2015
850 posts
406 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
And for those that may not know.... if your guaranteed Prime delivery is late.. contact them for a free additional month tacked on to your prime account. I've gotten two additional months already.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5989 posts
1828 upvotes
Montreal
My account is up for renewal at the end of March and I just received a notice a few days ago stating it would auto-renew unless I disabled auto-renew.