• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 9:28 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2018
50 posts
483 upvotes

Amazon Prime Trial : How often

Hi,

Does anyone know how often Amazon offers a free trial of Amazon Prime? Thanks in advance.
10 replies
Oct 2, 2018
933 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
Dont get me going on this, only thing stopping me from becoming a Amazon buying zombie is that I dont have Prime.

Did do the free Prime once, totally addicting.

I ride on my daughters Prime when I need small things in a hurry. Lately however I am wanting Prime so bad haha.

Prime during the Christmas season is awesome!
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Feb 5, 2017
171 posts
165 upvotes
Once a year per account, if you have a student email address you can get 6 months free.
Sep 24, 2004
876 posts
446 upvotes
Scarborough
On a couple of occasions when I cancelled my 1 month free Prime, I was offered a 2nd month free.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3375 posts
840 upvotes
does that mean if there's something on Amazon Prime video i want to watch... i just "sign up" for Prime... then cancel after the trial and I can re-sign up a year after?
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2891 posts
1557 upvotes
London
CrazyJo82 wrote: does that mean if there's something on Amazon Prime video i want to watch... i just "sign up" for Prime... then cancel after the trial and I can re-sign up a year after?
yes. just remember to cancel it before the 30 days is up. although amazon is pretty good about offering to refund u if u contact right away.
Dec 24, 2018
49 posts
147 upvotes
Seem's like I get a free trial every year
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11260 posts
2307 upvotes
Durham Region
I just got the 1 week for $0.99 twice in 2 months. As for the 30 day trial I haven't gotten that in a long time.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12126 posts
15187 upvotes
Vancouver
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: Dont get me going on this, only thing stopping me from becoming a Amazon buying zombie is that I dont have Prime.

Did do the free Prime once, totally addicting.
Opposite for me. I’ve had something like 5 or 6 1-month free trials, hardly bought anything, rarely watched prime video, and cancelled all the trials at the end. I never found what you get to be worth the cost at all.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19562 posts
28487 upvotes
ONTARIO
CrazyJo82 wrote: does that mean if there's something on Amazon Prime video i want to watch... i just "sign up" for Prime... then cancel after the trial and I can re-sign up a year after?
Yes.
However you don't even need to wait until after the trial. As soon as you sign up, you can cancel and you will still be able to use Prime for 30 days. One 30-day trial a year and it resets a year after you first signed up.

This also works the same with PrimeVideo Channels (ie. StackTV, AMC+, STARZ, HeyU, BritBox, etc).
All these channels offer 1 month free trials and then Amazon will charge you after the trial is up.

However you can sign up for a channel's trial and then immediately go into your PrimeVideo account settings and cancel the subscription to the channel.
You will still be able to use the channel for the remainder of the trial.

These channel trials also reset every year!
Aug 14, 2021
36 posts
46 upvotes
I've gotten the 1 month free twice and always use them during December. Gotta get those Christmas panic buys.