• Aug 30th, 2020 3:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 4, 2008
94 posts
32 upvotes
Windsor

Amazon rebates

Will Amazon return to giving rebates that it stopped due to the pandemic? I am itching to shop at Amazon but I don't want be a fool and miss out on the rebates
4 replies
Oct 26, 2009
683 posts
177 upvotes
I didn't even know Amazon gave rebates. What kind of rebate are you talking about?
[OP]
Nov 4, 2008
94 posts
32 upvotes
Windsor
I meant rebates that rebate websites like Rakutan give out
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21477 posts
15614 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
obscure wrote: I meant rebates that rebate websites like Rakutan give out
Rakuten has greatly diminished its Amazon rebates. Now they pay 1% max only on selected products.

If you plan to make a large purchase consider getting a Brim WE MC for its 4% cash back. IIRC the first year free promo ends tomorrow (or 30Sep?) Or if you're a Prime member look at Amazon's CC.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 12, 2012
120 posts
240 upvotes
bylo wrote: Rakuten has greatly diminished its Amazon rebates. Now they pay 1% max only on selected products.

If you plan to make a large purchase consider getting a Brim WE MC for its 4% cash back. IIRC the first year free promo ends tomorrow (or 30Sep?) Or if you're a Prime member look at Amazon's CC.
Cash back terms are set from the merchant, not Rakuten. Amazon likely realized the discount they were providing to customers (+paying Rakuten's commission) wasn't leading to enough of an incremental lift in sales vs not running their program site wide. People will buy on Amazon regardless if they're getting 1-8% CB.

Would take a major hit in top line revenue for them to bring the program back now imo.