• Nov 3rd, 2019 5:10 pm
[OP]
Sep 12, 2002
344 posts
415 upvotes
Canada

Amazon refund denied

I'll try to make it short as I can.

I had Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar on my save and subscribe for few months. Everything was ok until last month because there was "none in stock", i didn'T receive it. I went to check and there was in stock and sold by BingO and fulfilled by amazon. The price was over 100% than the save and subsribe.

Got a chat with Amazon's customers service. Long story short, the Customer Services Agent told me to order it and he will personally refund the price difference once the item is shipped. I went ahead and did the order (2 bottles). Cost me a total of 37.84$ instead of 16.98$ for two bottles.

Few days later, I received the item and still no refund.

Got a chat with the customers service again and the only thing they can do is giving me 10$ gift card. They say they can't do anything else, because their system can't give me a refund. I can't return the item either.

What are my options here?
Call my credit card and cancel the transaction?
Open a case with Protection Consumer Office?
Accept the fact that I was dumb to believe Amazon Customers Services Agent? (Quebec)
25 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16935 posts
33279 upvotes
Scarborough
Try contacting them again about it. I've found some chat agents are a lot more helpful than others.
RFD Staff - Currently AFK; PM CarrieRFD your RFD related questions
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Sep 12, 2002
344 posts
415 upvotes
Canada
TomRFD wrote: Try contacting them again about it. I've found some chat agents are a lot more helpful than others.
Thanks,
I'll give another try tomorow. I contacted 2 Customers services agents today. Both said they will refund me then when I ask when and what would be the amount they had to escalate to another "member". Both time ending up saying that they can't do anything for me.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6701 posts
6296 upvotes
Hopefully you got the chat transcript emailed to you otherwise highly doubtful you will get your money back.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2002
344 posts
415 upvotes
Canada
hierophant wrote: Hopefully you got the chat transcript emailed to you otherwise highly doubtful you will get your money back.
I did got all the chat transcript. Unfortunately due to system restriction they can't do anything,
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2973 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
System wrote: I did got all the chat transcript. Unfortunately due to system restriction they can't do anything,
Why can't they issue you a gift card amount of the refund you're looking for? Why's it limited to $10?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6701 posts
6296 upvotes
System wrote: I did got all the chat transcript. Unfortunately due to system restriction they can't do anything,
I don't believe that they can't issue a refund - it's just an excuse but for the sake of argument let's say it's true then yes they should offer you a GC for the total amount, not $10. I would keep pressing them. I've noticed they've become less lenient with their refund policy ...some changes at the head office that limit refunds I guess.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23363 posts
4815 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Return both bottles perhaps.

If chat support can't help you, call in and ask to speak with a manager. Assuming you have the chat transcript telling you to order it I don't see how this should be an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6199 posts
737 upvotes
Vancouver
Get a chargeback from the CC.. or at least have the cc do the refund since you have your transcript as proof.
Oct 18, 2019
274 posts
162 upvotes
GTA West
If you got the transcript that the agent said he would refund the difference once you make your purchase order take that to your CC and have them refund you if Amazon doesn't. Tell Amazon what you're planning to do, see what they say then
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4017 posts
3881 upvotes
Toronto
If you've been refused twice by front line staff who are apparently limited to only giving a credit of $10 it would seem time to escalate the matter further up the chain. I'd suggest actually phoning in when you do so.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2002
344 posts
415 upvotes
Canada
Evil Baby wrote: Return both bottles perhaps.

If chat support can't help you, call in and ask to speak with a manager. Assuming you have the chat transcript telling you to order it I don't see how this should be an issue.

I can't return the bottle. I don't know why it says : "This item isn't eligible for return"

And yeah I guess i will give them a call tomorow, but i doubt they can do anything more than people behind the keyboard. If I'm not satisfied with the situation I'll just call my credit card. Already lost to much time trying to argue with customer support.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1722 posts
1850 upvotes
System wrote: I can't return the bottle. I don't know why it says : "This item isn't eligible for return"

And yeah I guess i will give them a call tomorow, but i doubt they can do anything more than people behind the keyboard. If I'm not satisfied with the situation I'll just call my credit card. Already lost to much time trying to argue with customer support.
You might need to escalate this to a managerial position. It sucks but often whatever the first level reps promise are false promises. If the first level Rep doesn't refund you escalate it to their manager. Tell them you have chat logs with different reps claiming that they will refund you. Say something along the lines of because of how poorly they handled this situation you will take your business elsewhere and will no longer be using prime( if you have it) and that you will no longer use their subscribe and save.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2754 posts
1358 upvotes
I try to avoid anything from the third-party sellers at Amazon. I only buy items that are sold and fulfilled by Amazon. If It's someone else, I avoid as Amazon doesn't do much to handle disputes or issues when I ordered from third-party sellers.
Dec 15, 2015
705 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
Call them. They can do a lot.

I've had a significant refund given based on a delivery drivers incompetence and it was across multiple orders. They can issue you a refund without the item being refunded...easily. The chat people are useless, sometimes you get a decent manager who understands customer service.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16780 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
email [email protected] and send them the transcript. This routes the message to the senior people who will resolve the problem. I would ask for the difference owing plus something extra for your time and trouble. I have used this route a few times when I got the runaround and things were taken care of quickly and to my complete satisfaction.
Dec 4, 2004
730 posts
729 upvotes
GTA
I had a similar issue. I ordered an item that was "Fulfilled by Amazon" that shipped but never arrived. The agent via online chat asked me to re-order the item, give him the order number and he would adjust the new order by the price difference. He even gave me a refund on same day delivery for the new order. It took a few days for the price adjustment/refund to appear but it eventually did. Maybe give it a few days.

Edit: Just checked my account. Item was re-ordered August 2 and the refund was credited August 7.
Last edited by _dc_ on Oct 30th, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2002
344 posts
415 upvotes
Canada
hightech wrote: email [email protected] and send them the transcript. This routes the message to the senior people who will resolve the problem. I would ask for the difference owing plus something extra for your time and trouble. I have used this route a few times when I got the runaround and things were taken care of quickly and to my complete satisfaction.
I've read this route (emailing to [email protected]) few times on this forum and to be honest I wasn't sure if people were trolling or not.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16780 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
System wrote: I've read this route (emailing to [email protected]) few times on this forum and to be honest I wasn't sure if people were trolling or not.
Oh I assure you it is valid. Jeff Bezos made a statement years ago that if any Amazon customer was not happy with the customer experience, that they can email him directly for assistance. Obviously, the company has grown exponentially since 1999 and now a special team monitors this email address to help customers. I hear that Jeff does scan some of the emails time to time.

Interesting article that talks about this: https://www.inc.com/business-insider/am ... ssues.html
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1559 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
All chat agents are useless and full of shit. You got to call in, and even then you may get idiots. Just ask for a manager/supervisor (that's the magic word for them to shut up)