• Feb 22nd, 2021 11:49 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 21, 2010
771 posts
297 upvotes
toronto

amazon returns

would you pay extra for amazon to pick up your return from your house..
tried to contact amazon if they have this feature, no luck
cant see why that cant do this..as on the line of route of regular dropoff of parcels, the driver can also pickup a return on the line of route..
i would pay for this feature...would you
7 replies
Nov 29, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
Choose ups return and schedule it yourself and pay the fee. I’m not sure if Amazon stopped using UPS for returns during the pandemic however.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2780 posts
2032 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
your best bet wrote: would you pay extra for amazon to pick up your return from your house..
tried to contact amazon if they have this feature, no luck
cant see why that cant do this..as on the line of route of regular dropoff of parcels, the driver can also pickup a return on the line of route..
i would pay for this feature...would you
Definitely wouldn't be able to use the delivery drivers - they'd need a separate group of drivers. The vehicles are often full at the beginning of the runs, so how are you going to pick up if the van is full? Add to that the delays in people coming to the door (especially with condos that have elevator capacity limits) it would take ages.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Nov 5, 2018
307 posts
253 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: Definitely wouldn't be able to use the delivery drivers - they'd need a separate group of drivers. The vehicles are often full at the beginning of the runs, so how are you going to pick up if the van is full? Add to that the delays in people coming to the door (especially with condos that have elevator capacity limits) it would take ages.
Their drivers already do some returns though - in my area, if I get an item shipped to an Amazon Locker, Intelcom delivers it to the locker. If I don't pick up my package in 3 days, Intelcom must be the ones who collect it and send it back to Amazon.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2780 posts
2032 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Catenary wrote: Their drivers already do some returns though - in my area, if I get an item shipped to an Amazon Locker, Intelcom delivers it to the locker. If I don't pick up my package in 3 days, Intelcom must be the ones who collect it and send it back to Amazon.
I see where you're coming from, but there's a huge difference between picking up from a centralised location such as a locker that can be opened with a master code/key, and going to multiple houses.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Nov 5, 2018
307 posts
253 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: I see where you're coming from, but there's a huge difference between picking up from a centralised location such as a locker that can be opened with a master code/key, and going to multiple houses.
Absolutely, but it shows there is already a pathway in place if they wanted to. I'm sure Intelcom would happily take their money and figure out the logistics if that's what Amazon wanted.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5474 posts
2282 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't. If I lived in a rural area where the nearest post office is far away, then maybe - but even then, you have 30 days to get there and eventually you would drive into town or something. The only time I think it would be worthwhile is if the item is bulky or heavy and difficult to transport, but I figure the additional cost would have to be high to compensate for that kind of item. Personally I would find it inconvenient to try to schedule a pickup and probably end up waiting at home all day for them to show up.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1730 posts
908 upvotes
SW ON
Last time I returned something to Amazon there was a choice - UPS or Canada Post. Both do pickups from home for a fee ($3.50?). You can pay them instead of Amazon.