Amazon returns no longer in Mississauga

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2019 10:00 am
[OP]
Jul 13, 2016
859 posts
523 upvotes

Amazon returns no longer in Mississauga

I'm located in Eastern Canada. The last few packages I returned to Amazon were sent to RICHMOND, BC by Canada Post Expedited (took more than a week). Is it a new thing?
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5062 posts
5012 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Everything I've returned recently went to Richmond regardless of where it shipped from.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16823 posts
18534 upvotes
Oakville
Why does it matter?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16590 posts
5212 upvotes
London
I noticed on my last return that Amazon initiated a refund about a day after I shipped the return , before it arrived back at the warehouse

We've issued your refund for the item below. Your return is now complete*.

View return & refund status
...... 1244567 z ......,
Refund total: CDN$ 12.34
Refund will appear on your credit card in 2-4 business days.

* This is an advanced refund. If we don't receive the item listed above, we may charge your original payment

Sep 28, 2017
677 posts
449 upvotes
paranoid much ? lol

you get your refund right ? it just takes a day or two longer.... so why does it matter ?
no matter where you go, there you are.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2016
859 posts
523 upvotes
engineered wrote: Why does it matter?
If you paid by gift card, it takes 1 and half week longer to get the refund and reuse your gift card. And they don't do advanced refunds on purchases fully made on a gift card.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4088 posts
2954 upvotes
Vancouver
Makes sense. Metro Vancouver has the largest number of Amazon employees and fulfillment centers, second only to Seattle.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16823 posts
18534 upvotes
Oakville
emilio911 wrote: If you paid by gift card, it takes 1 and half week longer to get the refund and reuse your gift card. And they don't do advanced refunds on purchases fully made on a gift card.
What's the rush? Are you never going to buy again from Amazon? Otherwise just use a CC and use the GC another time.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jul 26, 2013
632 posts
538 upvotes
CALGARY
Speaking of Amazon returns,
I returned a knife to them via CPC. It was delivered one week ago today. Why has the return not been processed by Amazon ?
[OP]
Jul 13, 2016
859 posts
523 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Everything I've returned recently went to Richmond regardless of where it shipped from.
Same here
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27801 posts
13399 upvotes
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: it just takes a day or two longer.... so why does it matter ?
For some it doesn't even take a day or two longer.
Once tracking updates to anything but label created a refund gets pushed.

Source: Apparently Amazon trusts me. Time to defraud them of $370k.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1037 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Ontario and Mississauga Job loss to the government? What a waste of topic
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
11509 posts
14263 upvotes
Vancouver
emilio911 wrote: If you paid by gift card, it takes 1 and half week longer to get the refund and reuse your gift card. And they don't do advanced refunds on purchases fully made on a gift card.
Does it really take Canada Post a week and a half longer to ship to Richmond from eastern Canada vs to GTA? I find that hard to believe.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2016
859 posts
523 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Does it really take Canada Post a week and a half longer to ship to Richmond from eastern Canada vs to GTA? I find that hard to believe.
Yep! (we had a 3-day weekend last week)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9794 posts
3347 upvotes
IIRC Amazon refunds your money immediately anyway regardless of when they actually receive the item. So why does it even matter.
The leader of the past may have been a person who knew how to tell, but certainly, the leader of the future will be a person who knows how to ask. -Peter Drucker
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1253 posts
1073 upvotes
Calgary
Kiraly wrote: Does it really take Canada Post a week and a half longer to ship to Richmond from eastern Canada vs to GTA? I find that hard to believe.
I've had returns take two weeks from Calgary to the GTA with Amazon. So it'll be nice to have returns going to BC instead.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27801 posts
13399 upvotes
The delivery standard for Canada Post I think is 5 business days (so a week regular). Some people like counting weekends as days for some reason.
Couriers are usually 4. To be fair, Canada Post usually does deliver in 4, but they pad out their numbers if (when) they're late.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2016
859 posts
523 upvotes
blexann wrote: IIRC Amazon refunds your money immediately anyway regardless of when they actually receive the item. So why does it even matter.
Not for puchases made with a gift card as I said