• Sep 4th, 2020 2:00 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13781 posts
3190 upvotes

Amazon review approval time?

Does anyone know how long does it take Amazon to approve the review? Just curious..
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 13th, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added to title to make it more clear
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8046 posts
3541 upvotes
Markham
For me, shortest time is same day. Longest is two days
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19807 posts
5036 upvotes
Off the 404
Usually 24 to 72 hrs I find.
Oct 17, 2012
917 posts
719 upvotes
Vancouver
Takes about 2 days for me. But it's really random. By the way, 75% of my reviews got deleted with no explanation so I just stopped
Banned
Jul 18, 2020
52 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal
sunnysidesolutions wrote: By the way, 75% of my reviews got deleted with no explanation so I just stopped
My experience as well! Amazon reviews is not an objective place to read reviews.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13781 posts
3190 upvotes
sunnysidesolutions wrote: Takes about 2 days for me. But it's really random. By the way, 75% of my reviews got deleted with no explanation so I just stopped
Wow how do u know they delete? Will they email and let you know?

I did 2 reviews on Monday night and still not seeing them show up..so just curious what happen
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Oct 17, 2012
917 posts
719 upvotes
Vancouver
kiasu wrote:
Wow how do u know they delete? Will they email and let you know?

I did 2 reviews on Monday night and still not seeing them show up..so just curious what happen
No email and no notification. I noticed when I went back to read an old review for something from a couple months ago. When I saw it was missing I went looking for others.

But you do get an email when your review is approved and posted live.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8046 posts
3541 upvotes
Markham
sunnysidesolutions wrote: No email and no notification. I noticed when I went back to read an old review for something from a couple months ago. When I saw it was missing I went looking for others.

But you do get an email when your review is approved and posted live.
Sooner or later, we will only see VINE reviews: " can't be happier, 5 stars " lol
Nov 23, 2004
511 posts
794 upvotes
Ontario
sunnysidesolutions wrote: By the way, 75% of my reviews got deleted with no explanation so I just stopped
Tends to happen when a seller is caught buying and/or incentivizing reviews to get inflated five star ratings. Amazon will wipe a lot of their reviews clean, assuming they don't outright ban that seller from doing business on the platform. If you buy a product that has obvious scam reviews, I'd be careful leaving your own review and maybe just pass on leaving your own entirely. If that seller gets caught by Amazon, there's no discrimination with the reviews that get wiped (they don't know what ones the seller paid for, vs. what ones are legitimate customers) so you could end up with a strike against your account for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Too many strikes and your account will be limited to buying only - no longer allowed to post reviews, participate in the community, ask questions, etc. Seen this happen many times from folks around reddit (some of whom are likely legitimately caught up in being paid off for reviews too).
Aug 14, 2015
773 posts
522 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Normally 2-3 days.

One time I met up with a group of strangers to teach them an activity, we would email each other back and forth.

One day, which happens to be my birthday, they set up to do the same activity where I'm the one teaching. Having never mentioned about my birth date, they start giving me present. I was shocked how they know, and the guy went "I know your email, so did some reverse search and your amazon user name popped up."

I have no idea what the eff went on. I don't recall providing birthday info to amazon or anywhere else on the net. I typically give fake birth dates to websites that requires it too unless they're banks or government related.

Surprised yes but not in a good way. I was in a state of shock the whole time as I wondered how they were able to find out my birthday via amazon. They even told me they read my reviews, knows my wishlist.

It was shocking. Felt like I've just been stalked by an experienced spy with access beyond google and he reveals it to you like it's the most normal thing in the world.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13781 posts
3190 upvotes
Today is the 4th day and didnt get any respond about my review

I am wondering if it is because this is my first review? LOL

Wow i didnt know review is such a big deal or hassle on Amazon
Last edited by kiasu on Aug 14th, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8046 posts
3541 upvotes
Markham
kiasu wrote: Today is the 4th day and didnt get any respond about my review

I am wondering if it is because this is my first review? LOL

Wow i didnt know review is such a big deal or hassle..
How many stars did you give in your review?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13781 posts
3190 upvotes
smartie wrote: How many stars did you give in your review?
5 stars
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8355 posts
3209 upvotes
I decided I wanted to be a little more private months ago and deleted all of my reviews.

Some were highly rated and Amazon undeleted them.

Once you let a review loose in the Amazon universe, it cannot be killed (some even appear internationally). Sometimes it's not a bad thing that a review was never given life. I was trying to kill things I wrote 16 years ago. Apparently my reviews have been emancipated and are no longer under my parental control.
spiritsBB wrote: One time I met up with a group of strangers to teach them an activity, we would email each other back and forth.

One day, which happens to be my birthday, they set up to do the same activity where I'm the one teaching. Having never mentioned about my birth date, they start giving me present. I was shocked how they know, and the guy went "I know your email, so did some reverse search and your amazon user name popped up."

I have no idea what the eff went on. I don't recall providing birthday info to amazon or anywhere else on the net. I typically give fake birth dates to websites that requires it too unless they're banks or government related.

Surprised yes but not in a good way. I was in a state of shock the whole time as I wondered how they were able to find out my birthday via amazon. They even told me they read my reviews, knows my wishlist.

It was shocking. Felt like I've just been stalked by an experienced spy with access beyond google and he reveals it to you like it's the most normal thing in the world.
You need to go through every list in your Wish Lists and change the settings to "Private" by clicking on "··· more" at the top right when viewing the list.

I don't need to share the bath tissue I have been dreaming of with anyone that knows my name or email address! (Except you, dear RFD, it's Cottonelle Mega.)

Big security hole anyway, please check that out.

wishlist_settings.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8355 posts
3209 upvotes
kiasu wrote: Wow how do u know they delete?
Generally any site (not just Amazon) will not publish reviews with certain information in them:

• $ PRICE (whether it's what you paid, the full price, sale price, it's cheaper elsewhere) etc. they do not want you to note prices
  • Competing BRANDS (you can talk about different models of the same brand, not a comparable model of a different brand BY NAME)
  • Other RETAILERS BY NAME

Otherwise you can send them any kind of crazy and they will post it, and only your most giddy or pissed reviews will withstand the test of time and be there in 16 years.

That's 2036.

I have no tattoos and I don't live with that sort of regret, but these Amazon reviews...

Do not be sad about reviews that don't make it.