Home & Garden

Amazon On Sale - Airthings AS Airthings Wave Smart Radon Gas Detector

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 4:51 pm
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4741 posts
2000 upvotes
WFH
That's the 1st gen model. Note that these devices rely on you either buying an airthings hub or using an android or ios device as a hub. The problem is their app is horrible and locks up regularly which prevents the Wave from synching.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
5031 posts
1709 upvotes
dirtmover wrote: That's the 1st gen model. Note that these devices rely on you either buying an airthings hub or using an android or ios device as a hub. The problem is their app is horrible and locks up regularly which prevents the Wave from synching.
Thanks. The wallet is safe.
Let's hug it out
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
446 posts
457 upvotes
Ontario
dirtmover wrote: That's the 1st gen model. Note that these devices rely on you either buying an airthings hub or using an android or ios device as a hub. The problem is their app is horrible and locks up regularly which prevents the Wave from synching.
The difference between 1st Gen and 2nd Gen is the data sampling rate. Gen 1 is once per hour and Gen 2 is once every 5 Min...not a big deal as radon testing is a slow and long process that takes weeks or months.

https://help.airthings.com/en/articles/ ... generation
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4741 posts
2000 upvotes
WFH
leocleoc wrote: The difference between 1st Gen and 2nd Gen is the data sampling rate. Gen 1 is once per hour and Gen 2 is once every 5 Min...not a big deal as radon testing is a slow and long process that takes weeks or months.

https://help.airthings.com/en/articles/ ... generation
Hmmm, I must be interpreting this differently to you:

"However, a lot has been updated under the hood: from a new firmware to a new internal logic, the Wave 2nd gen is a big step forward in terms of functionality and user experience, much closer to that of a Wave Plus."
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
446 posts
457 upvotes
Ontario
dirtmover wrote: Hmmm, I must be interpreting this differently to you:

"However, a lot has been updated under the hood: from a new firmware to a new internal logic, the Wave 2nd gen is a big step forward in terms of functionality and user experience, much closer to that of a Wave Plus."
It measures radon it doesn't do your shopping! Winking Face
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
446 posts
457 upvotes
Ontario
Ordered the unit yesterday and it was delivered today. Installed the app on my wife's old Moto E4. It is connected using bluetooth without any problems. I will leave that phone close enough to the detector to keep cloud data updated. That phone is no longer needed for anything else so it is now dedicated to communicate to the radon tester. Not experiencing any connectivity issues that reviewers have talked about on Amazon reviews. So far so good!
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
446 posts
457 upvotes
Ontario
The sale has ended on 1st generation device ... Now at $209... The 2nd generation device is at $206...More sensors for less money!
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
446 posts
457 upvotes
Ontario
10 days into using the device with the Moto E4 re-purposed cell phone. It is uploading to the cloud flawlessly. Fingers crossed.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)