• Oct 7th, 2017 10:25 am
[OP]
Jun 24, 2013
658 posts
1301 upvotes
Mississauga

Amazon student -membership 50% off

6 month free plus 50% off after 6 month
After your free trial, your membership will upgrade to Amazon Prime for 50% off. Cancel anytime. Quebec residents get an 18-month membership for CDN $39 instead of a free trial. Prime Video benefits are not available during the free trial.
Last edited by hennamomin on Jun 23rd, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Feb 23, 2017
330 posts
354 upvotes
This has been going on for years as far as I know. Not a new hot deal.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18847 posts
8504 upvotes
Oakville
Yup. Regular Price. Gets posted every few months every time somebody discovers it for the first time.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1173 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How do they verify student status? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5641 posts
5289 upvotes
Downtown Canada
wearysky wrote: Yup. Regular Price. Gets posted every few months every time somebody discovers it for the first time.
I still remember my first time, it felt azing, I kept trying and eventually I reached the end, it was time to checkout.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2133 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
letmesee wrote: How do they verify student status? Thanks
When I had signed up for this, they just asked me for my student email address to which I received an email to confirm it was an active email address.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1869 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad it doesn't include prime video.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1671 posts
3449 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: Too bad it doesn't include prime video.
I'm using a student prime, and there's Amazon Video.

Didn't have it during the trial period though. There has been other rfd-ers who current is in Student Prime trial and have access to Amazon Video.
Sep 19, 2005
563 posts
99 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: Too bad it doesn't include prime video.
Amazon Prime Video is now included for Canada and student prime accounts. New change earlier this year.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18847 posts
8504 upvotes
Oakville
madknife wrote: Amazon Prime Video is now included for Canada and student prime accounts. New change earlier this year.
Yes, but not during the free trial, apparently. Which is kinda dumb.
Jun 25, 2009
680 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
i think they have free 2 days hipping instead of free 1 day shipping is that the only diff?
Jan 31, 2009
255 posts
218 upvotes
Woodbridge
ValendiaKnight wrote: i think they have free 2 days hipping instead of free 1 day shipping is that the only diff?
I have prime student, i get free same day delivery in the GTA. I also get twitch, prime video, etc.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18847 posts
8504 upvotes
Oakville
ValendiaKnight wrote: i think they have free 2 days hipping instead of free 1 day shipping is that the only diff?
It's exactly the same as a regular prime membership. They are limiting their exposure by only offering it for a few years to students (though, in theory, it works if you have an educational institution email address after you graduate, too :))
Aug 6, 2005
156 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
My wife is a student and we have Prime Student membership on Amazon.CA. I've been a Prime customer on Amazon.COM for years, taking advantage of the strong $CAD way back when.

We have family that we ship to and travel down often enough and so I'd like to keep the subscription active, however, not at $99/year. I was ok with the $79 price point (particularly when the dollar was at par) but now that my subscription is coming due in a few weeks I'm considering whether or not it's worth renewing.

Does anyone know (or has anyone been successful) in obtaining the Prime Student membership in the US? From all accounts you need a .edu email address (which we don't have since my wife is a student here.) Would they accept a Canadian university?

Thanks in advance.