Shopping Discussion

Amazon Sub and Save slower shipment?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2018 10:18 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2569 posts
1050 upvotes
Quebec

Amazon Sub and Save slower shipment?

We bought Dove body soap on amazon.ca

The strange part is that if we ordered it normally it was gonna be delivered tomorrow

If i chose the subscribe and save it wasn't gonna be delivered before Feb12

1) Is this normal?
2) Yes i made sure that it's the same item shipped the same way from amazon.ca
3) I'm a prime member
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5943 posts
2122 upvotes
Toronto
Yes normal because you have a monthly delivery date. It's not "the fastest we can ship it to you", it's "we deliver to you every 15th of the month".

You can always change the delivery date though, look for that option.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2569 posts
1050 upvotes
Quebec
fightbriz wrote: Yes normal because you have a monthly delivery date. It's not "the fastest we can ship it to you", it's "we deliver to you every 15th of the month".

You can always change the delivery date though, look for that option.
No it was in the checkout page

Guaranteed delivery date Feb 12
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5943 posts
2122 upvotes
Toronto
ratatapa wrote: No it was in the checkout page

Guaranteed delivery date Feb 12
Yeah, exactly, your delivery date is Feb 12. (i used 15 as an example). You could probably change it a few days earlier. Look for the "change delivery date" option in Subscribe and Save.

The reason is they want to give you time to add more subscription items so they ship them all together monthly in 1 big box.

So you get 5% or 15% (5+items) if you use S&S, because it saves money on shipping by bundling everything together in a monthly box (also because now they have you receiving orders every month)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2569 posts
1050 upvotes
Quebec
fightbriz wrote: Yeah, exactly, your delivery date is Feb 12. (i used 15 as an example). You could probably change it a few days earlier. Look for the "change delivery date" option in Subscribe and Save.

The reason is they want to give you time to add more subscription items so they ship them all together monthly in 1 big box.

So you get 5% or 15% (5+items) if you use S&S, because it saves money on shipping by bundling everything together in a monthly box (also because now they have you receiving orders every month)
Image

Even if I scroll down I can’t see a place to change the date
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5943 posts
2122 upvotes
Toronto
ratatapa wrote: Image

Even if I scroll down I can’t see a place to change the date
In the app, go to the main menu, programs and features, subscribe and save. Then scroll down to "your s&s items".. Then at the top right click Menu > Change Delivery Day
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2569 posts
1050 upvotes
Quebec
fightbriz wrote: In the app, go to the main menu, programs and features, subscribe and save. Then scroll down to "your s&s items".. Then at the top right click Menu > Change Delivery Day
Ok so I have to complete placing the order first
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5722 posts
7186 upvotes
All S&S orders are using standard shipping regardless you are Prime or not. You can always adjust the monthly delivery date after subscription is added. However, make sure you understand the consequence before doing the adjustment. Example of the consequence :
(1) The price of the item for all existing subscription will be recalculated using the CURRENT price
(2) Any expired coupon(s) are currently included in the existing S&S order(s) will be removed.
etc ....
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5943 posts
2122 upvotes
Toronto
ratatapa wrote: Ok so I have to complete placing the order first
Yes absolutely

Top