Shopping Discussion

Amazon subscribe & save is for home delivery only?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2019 6:35 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19729 posts
28598 upvotes
Vancouver

Amazon subscribe & save is for home delivery only?

Amazon won't let me subscribe & save to an item and have it shipped to an Amazon locker for pickup. It only lets me select street addresses. If I want delivery to an Amazon locker I have to order it as a one-off. Couldn't find anything in the Subscribe & Save FAQ about this. Anyone run in to this before?

Edit: Oh well, even a one-off is a no-go. "Sorry, but this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order." Perhaps it's because I'm shipping to an Amazon locker in Whole Foods, and the item I'm ordering is also sold in Whole Foods (for 30%+ more?)

I ended up using Canada Post Flexdelivery, which worked. Another Subscribe & Save annoyance: If I order the item as a one-off, delivery is this week. If I Subscribe & Save, delivery is by the end of next week.

This is the first time I've tried S&S, it will likely be my last.
1 reply
Mar 20, 2011
307 posts
219 upvotes
Langley, BC
Subscribe and Save is very clunky, probably one of the least polished Amazon system I've seen. Feels like it was designed by someone without a lot of UX experience, could have been done a whole lot better. The weirdest quirk is limit on quantity per item, and the fact you can then subscribe to that same item again to get more... why have a limit at all?
If I order the item as a one-off, delivery is this week. If I Subscribe & Save, delivery is by the end of next week.
Yeah it used to not be that way initially, but they changed it - I guess the idea is it's a deterrence to people who just choose the option then immediately cancel the subscription every time.