[Amazon / Timbuk2 Canada] Timbuk2 Bags sale on Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2019 9:20 am
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2893 posts
2415 upvotes
Prices are meh. For those in GTA, their warehouse sale is coming up again this month I believe. (Queen east store)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1143 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
I am kinda annoyed by their terrible warranty process. You have to fill out a form and have the item shipped to their location in US and then they will tell IF you are covered by warranty. They also charge a 10 USD release fee regardless.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6397 posts
908 upvotes
archvenus14 wrote: I am kinda annoyed by their terrible warranty process. You have to fill out a form and have the item shipped to their location in US and then they will tell IF you are covered by warranty. They also charge a 10 USD release fee regardless.
never knew that looking at the premium they charged for these bags I would assumed it's an easy process.
I guess that works in their favor since more work and cost on customers means less people will bother to ship back when something goes wrong.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1143 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Indeed. And I was one of them. Truly sucks. Sticking to Roots or eddiebauer for now.

sf1 wrote: never knew that looking at the premium they charged for these bags I would assumed it's an easy process.
I guess that works in their favor since more work and cost on customers means less people will bother to ship back when something goes wrong.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Apr 6, 2017
661 posts
1105 upvotes
Oh man. I can second the comment on the warranty. It’s ridiculous. Lifetime warranty but you gotta pay. Also when they do fix your bag it can take months to get it back from them. My guess is the put all the focus on selling you the bag and pray you never have an issue with it.
May 19, 2015
271 posts
256 upvotes
sosly wrote: Seems to be some decent discounts on Timbuk2 bags on Amazon. Also free shipping.
Church street bags
Jun 12, 2016
562 posts
218 upvotes
Mississauga
I know it's a different brand, but for a local Canadian company have a look at PKG. Their travel bags are very thoughtfully designed. I bought mine at Winners for significantly lower price and needed warranty support (small tear within the liner). Instead of returning it, I emailed PKG with some pictures and they ended up sending me a new bag. I thought I would be shit out of luck, but my experience post sales have been positive.

I don't work for them, but just wanted to provide some options for some folks out there.

https://ca.pkgshop.com/