Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon] Universal Compatible 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Replacement Filter Set with 100 GPD Membrane -Standard 10 Inch

[OP]
Sep 26, 2017
123 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON

Universal Compatible 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Replacement Filter Set with 100 GPD Membrane -Standard 10 Inch

Deal Link:
Price:
$37.98
Savings:
32%
Retailer:
Amazon
Very good deal for those who are looking to change all filters and RO membrane on their RO systems. Don't forget to clip the $4 coupon bringing the price down to $40.19 no TAX. When enough people buy this the price is going to change for sure.
Save 5% more with S&S bring down the price to $37.98
Last edited by asfazrq2 on Nov 18th, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18431 posts
6562 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: What, all those spelling and grammar errors don't make you feel confident about their ability to purify your water Face With Tears Of Joy?
Just the opposite, i am very confident i would end up with 500% of my RDI of Lead and Mercury Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9752 posts
1247 upvotes
GTA
Quentin5 wrote: Talk about grey market water filtration...
Not sure what that means. Are you saying their stuff isn't good? I have seen it on Amazon a lot but I don't trust a lot of stuff on Amazon especially after buying a LED light recently that showed pictures of the electrication certifications on a sticker on the light and when I received it no such sticker.

I just bought filters from a local store but spent like $100 and didn't even include the membrane which they say is $95 there. Looking for other sources of quality filters for future replacements.

EDIT just read the 1* reviews on amazon, not that many of them but doesn't sound like worth the risk to even try.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18431 posts
6562 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Not sure what that means. Are you saying their stuff isn't good? I have seen it on Amazon a lot but I don't trust a lot of stuff on Amazon especially after buying a LED light recently that showed pictures of the electrication certifications on a sticker on the light and when I received it no such sticker.

I just bought filters from a local store but spent like $100 and didn't even include the membrane which they say is $95 there. Looking for other sources of quality filters for future replacements.
Grey market means either no name, knockoff, counterfeit, fake and so forth.
We have no idea if this has any testing whatsoever or that one batch is as good as the last production batch.

The problem with buying these no name products is there is no liability, if it were to poison you good luck even finding out who produced it. And a Chinese court is not going to be your friend if your going to go there and try to sue the manufacturer.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2241 posts
1169 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Just the opposite, i am very confident i would end up with 500% of my RDI of Lead and Mercury Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
This reminds me of a saying I keep using, "If you find ONE error, there are for sure going to be more". There's something to be said about a company that takes the time to create a professional, reliable, spell-checked website vs. those that do not care to take the extra time. What else do they get wrong?
Apr 24, 2005
143 posts
21 upvotes
Chinese membranes are garbage, even factoring in the price difference between Dow Filmtec, it's not good value since they don't last proportionally as long. On top of that, their rejection ratio and filtering performance just doesn't compare to genuine Filmtec membranes.

If you get your water through the City of Toronto (e.g. municipalities north of steeles), it will have chloramine (not chlorine), and normal carbon filters do zilch for chloramine (except for maybe the very first couple of gallons). Only catalytic activated carbon works for chloramine, and they're always more expensive. Any chloramine that breaks through is quite damaging to the membrane (see Filmtec technical notes). If you're just drinking it and can't taste it or don't have a sensitive reef system, lucky you, I guess.